Promoted Gigs 2: The SERP destroyer returns

frank_d

OK so let me explain:

You will set an amount per click and a daily spending limit and fiverr will promote your gig to buyers within the platform.

(Did you not watch the explainer video linked above? It actually shows how everything works)

Essentially it works like google ads.

People search for pineapples and if you sell pineapples and use Fiverr’s new feature your gig will be presented before anyone else’s with a small indicator on your gig image, signifying that it’s a paid search result.

So if your gig is now positioned very low in search results and you can’t “get it to rank” as people keep saying, you can now pay to rise to the top.

You will be charged for every click your gig gets.

So the seller gets “punished” (charged) if a buyer is just comparing offers and clicks on a the “promoted gig link”

Interesting

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the seller gets “punished” (charged) if a buyer is just comparing offers and clicks on a the “promoted gig link”

Interesting

On the other hand, if you are on page 8 of search results, you would never have gotten the chance to be compared with anyone.

That’s the logic behind it.

It’s definitely not for everyone.

It’s for people who believe in their gig, and feel like if they would rank higher they would get some sales in.

I’ts basically gambling that benefits Fiverr’s revenue numbers.

• 5 weeks later...

“ARE YOU AN EXCELLENT SELLER WITH TOP REVIEWS” This is what it says in the beginning of the video.

So I am assuming it will be available to someone with a certain number of Reviews, level badge or excellent rating, or someone with a proven record on Fiverr so that it will not effect Fiverr for not providing quality sellers to buyers.

Also the new sellers with no ratings or not stats can manipulate the system.

Like last time they had available now (only those who reply with in 5 mins can stay on available now and only 3 penalties were allowed I think)

• 1 month later...

Bingo.

Well this is Fiverr’s response to the over-saturation of the marketplace.

“Too many sellers in one category? Here is some dope so you can rise above the rest artificially. That will be $20. Oh and if you don’t close, that’s on you. I got you the clicks.”

I think they got shareholders to please. So getting a new stream of revenue is priority #1.

Fun fact:

As one of Fiverr’s shareholders myself, I am not happy with their decision. 🙂

Or they can just create simple test per category and if you fail you are out. There are many way to get rid of bad sellers and over saturation. Deeply worried about the new feature honestly.

Or they can just create simple test per category and if you fail you are out. There are many way to get rid of bad sellers and over saturation. Deeply worried about the new feature honestly.

To be honest, there are plenty of ways to handle this.

Fiverr’s main competitor doesn’t even take new freelancers in, unless they are interviewed.

I didn’t know that upwork makes entry interview now, I know they raised their fees up to 20% recently. Btw you can make way more money on Fiverr than on Toptal ( depends)

I think you can make a lot of money on any platform that suits you and your way of doing things.

I used to work on all 4 major -back in the day- freelancing platforms.

I made about the same amount on all 4 over the course of 6 months.

I decided to go all in on Fiverr because I liked the model better. And back then you could only sell a $5 gig. No extras, no nothing. 🙂

@sameed_webdev

What freedom do you feel that Fiverr took away from you?

Archived