Fake reviews, fake designers, fake logos: what to do?

So it wouldn’t have cost any more than it did to originally design it, and if it did that’s just because they’re already a widely-established platform.

You can’t know this.

I’m done commenting on this, btw. Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

You too, stay safe then.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why you go to (5 stars review!!) ? why don’t you give a chance to the new buyer? so at least they get a real view from you. also you must request a portfolio of their works

Oh, come on. You want something. Who would you hire? Someone with no social proof, or somebody with a lot of positive reviews?

Oh, come on. You want something. Who would you hire? Someone with no social proof, or somebody with a lot of positive reviews?

@visualstudios

Who would you hire? Someone with no social proof, or somebody will a lot of positive reviews?

I’m sorry, maybe you need to learrning more about business.

I am personally offended. I joined Jan 20 too.

Don’t be - everybody needs to start at some point. This wasn’t directed at new sellers at all, we’ve all been there. Just at those that should wait a bit before start telling people who have a proven track record of success that they need to learn about business.

Don’t be - everybody needs to start at some point. This wasn’t directed at new sellers at all, we’ve all been there. Just at those that should wait a bit before start telling people who have a proven track record of success that they need to learn about business.

Just maybe wait a bit before start telling people who have a proven track record of success that they need to learn about business.

When did I tell anyone to learn about business?

Because you are being condescending. You say “I was thinking of something like this for your logo”, but then you say “I don’t even know what it is so who cares”. That’s not thinking about a logo. Either you care, or you don’t.

I thinks she is pointing more at style and not the images that it has…yes I would say same, that logo he wanted should be more like the style Miss Crystel posted and not the illustration of actual device !

Just maybe wait a bit before start telling people who have a proven track record of success that they need to learn about business.

When did I tell anyone to learn about business?

You didn’t - that was why my comment wasn’t directed at you. I edited it to make it clearer.

Hmmm.

my comment wasn’t directed at you.

It was a reply to me.

And? The part that was addressed to you was that my point was not against new sellers. The next part was directed at those who do something you did not do. Go read it again, I edited it to make it clearer. Relax.

And? The part that was addressed to you was that my point was not against new sellers. The next part was directed at those who do something you did not do. Go read it again, I edited it to make it clearer. Relax.

I can’t read it again- because you edited it. Now I can never know exactly what it said.

I can’t read it again- because you edited it. Now I can never know exactly what it said.

That’s what I meant to say, but it was worded differently. It could give the impression I was talking to you (even though I was saying something you did NOT do, so clearly it couldn’t be about you). Now it’s clear, I hope. You have nothing to be offended by.

That’s what I meant to say, but it was worded differently. It could give the impression I was talking to you (even though I was saying something you did NOT do, so clearly it couldn’t be about you). Now it’s clear, I hope. You have nothing to be offended by.

Mmmmmmmkay. If you say so.

Mmmmmmmkay. If you say so.

Dude, what’s your problem? Do you want to be offended just because? What are you accusing me of? This was the original comment:

“Don’t be - everybody needs to start at some point. This wasn’t directed at new sellers at all, we’ve all been there. Just maybe wait a bit before start telling people who have a proven track record of success that they need to learn about business.”

The first part was for you, because you said you were offended. The second part was for the other guy. I thought it was clear, since you didn’t do what I referenced in the second part, so it couldn’t be for you. But apparently not, so I changed it.

why you go to (5 stars review!!) ? why don’t you give a chance to the new buyer? so at least they get a real view from you. also you must request a portfolio of their works

why don’t you give a chance to the new buyer?

You obviously didn’t read his post. 👇

without any feedback but i contacted him and he replied “i just started today

He did give a chance to someone without any reviews.

And to be honest @yusuf_hammouch it’s totally unprofessional and irrelevant coming to a topic complaining that new sellers don’t get orders and implying that they should’ve choose you.

think, the problem is on @emericcorvest and not on the logo designer

@silveni I really think you are taking it off topic arguing if you can get good logo for 50$ or not. That’s not the point. It’s eternal discussion in freelance world.

As to your comment: there is fault at both sides. OP is quite unclear with what he wants but it doesn’t mean that designers are not at fault. We saw quite a few designers solely on this forum with fake profiles and stolen logos asking us to provide them a feedback and how can they get on the first page. And I saw level 2 sellers also with stolen logos in their portfolio. so I do believe that @emericcorvest might’ve encountered those kind of “designers”

If you wish to argue about the logo pricing you can join other discussions on this forum about that.

why don’t you give a chance to the new buyer?

You obviously didn’t read his post. 👇

without any feedback but i contacted him and he replied “i just started today

He did give a chance to someone without any reviews.

And to be honest @yusuf_hammouch it’s totally unprofessional and irrelevant coming to a topic complaining that new sellers don’t get orders and implying that they should’ve choose you.

think, the problem is on @emericcorvest and not on the logo designer

@silveni I really think you are taking it off topic arguing if you can get good logo for 50$ or not. That’s not the point. It’s eternal discussion in freelance world.

As to your comment: there is fault at both sides. OP is quite unclear with what he wants but it doesn’t mean that designers are not at fault. We saw quite a few designers solely on this forum with fake profiles and stolen logos asking us to provide them a feedback and how can they get on the first page. And I saw level 2 sellers also with stolen logos in their portfolio. so I do believe that @emericcorvest might’ve encountered those kind of “designers”

If you wish to argue about the logo pricing you can join other discussions on this forum about that.

Thanks for the sanity, sometimes I think I’m going crazy.

Okay, I was cool with it until I read that. That was not the original comment at all. It was something like “Don’t be- but just wait a bit before you tell others about business.”

Again. If you didn’t say anything about business to me, how could that be directed to you. Please. You are trying to be offended. It wasn’t directed at you. The other guy was clearly baiting me and trying to insult me. Not you. Sorry if I didn’t word it the best way. I edited it to fix it, not to hide anything.

Is there a way to see the comments before the edit?

I’m not trying to be offended. I literally said I was cool with it, until you lied about what the original post said. Convenient that there’s now no evidence.

Now you are causing me of lying? The nerve. Please, there must be some option to check comment edit history. I can’t find it anywhere, and would like to see the first version of the post. Anyone knows if it’s possible?

1979, as the article says.

I see where you’re going with this, but remember the twitter logo which was half the price, in 2006.

It mentioned that Twitter logo was bought from iStockphotos ! and later was just modified, not imaginations, no real thought process…just slight modification !

Archived