Fake reviews, fake designers, fake logos: what to do?

it’s very likely … I usually get insulted by some buyers as well if I actually try to help and explain what’s better…and what work in regards to their ideas so I won’t be surprised if that happens

There is no insult here.

How to not expect better from what i’ve got ? I’ve you seen the drawing ? Why writing this , i should accepted the logo ?

Ok i’m done here. Thank you all

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no insult here.

How to not expect better from what i’ve got ? I’ve you seen the drawing ? Why writing this , i should accepted the logo ?

Ok i’m done here. Thank you all

Why do you keep ignoring the only person who is giving you concrete advice? I already told you what the problem is. Lack of clear goals and expectations. Lack of proper communication of your vision.

"Step 1 - talk with the seller before, and ensure you are comfortable with the level of english/communication. Since your english is also not native, maybe look for a seller that speaks your native language?

Step 2 - tell the designer what you’re looking for. Provide references of logos you like and why you like them. Explain who the target is, what the logo will be used for, and where. Understand that this is highly subjective, and that what you may love another client may hate. It has to be discussed. Most people would hate the Facebook logo or the Nike logo if they got it and they weren’t famous. Yet they are very successful logos."

Care to comment on that? Wouldn’t what i said work and get you better results? Why?

I think you want to just click a button and get a logo that will work. That doesn’t exist. Some people get lucky and get something that works for them with that method. Many don’t.

I want to create the logo of my business which is not common as a pizza shop.

The logo has to match with a specific device so the logo has to be create.

When i found Fiverr i 've been very happy. I’ve spend time to review gigs, make selection etc…

Of course not a 5-10 dollars work ! i clearly don’t believe so i raised my budget to 50 dollars.

First order from “*********” (5 stars review !!), the guy where supposed to deliver in 3 days. I told him that i’m not in hurry at all but i have expectation on quality and to don’t go to far in the detail, to come as soon as started with draft. So he changed to a custom quotation at one week.

J-1 without any feedback but i contacted him and he replied “i just started today but you will receive on time” . Time arrived he send me fake picture and ask me for more time. No problem take your time but use this time on my project ! After 3 days came back with something but is not what i wanted so to avoid back and forth in addition of non proper English i stated to draw with paint and go in very detail of what i wanted. After 3 days i received a drawing of someone trying to imitate my drawing on paint with the same skill. So I’ve immediately decided to cancelled the order after more than 2 weeks. Managed to convince him to cancel by saying that i wont write any comment!

Second order (still on going, cancellation not yet approved) from “”*********"" (5 stars review!!) from UK (english and communication should be better?)

She has only one logo on her gig, so i has very confident this time. The person was responsive before i ordered so i clearly explained what i want, give a real picture of the device, ask her to use the same style as the logo on her profile but only blue and with shading to give more perspective. I felt very strange because the person is never online… I always received same copy past message from template.

Please refer to the attached i received. It’s just a JOKE ! so i’ve decided immediately to cancel again and in UK it was approx 4 AM. Once i did it, she immediately contacted me in a “perfect” english (lol), please refer to below conversation :

Me to “*********”

The logo received is equivalent to a drawing of an 8-year-old child and I am certain that it will never achieve my expectations. Moreover, it is impossible for me to be conceived that it is the same person who is able to realize the logo presented as an example on your profile versus the logo you designed for me. Therefore, I want to cancel my order to save us valuable time.

["*********"] Apr 6, 10:02 AM

It’s not like what you are saying…My logo is deer and your one is transmitter so the effect show in different way…Do you want full transmitter in that form or only top part? Just make me little more clear and let me give it last try please as I have worked on this and spent time so want to complete this work

So just allow me to work for last chance please

Me Apr 6, 11:24 AM

I’m also certain that you’re not from UK based on your English writing and the time you replied.

No sorry, please proceed to the cancellation.

I don’t know what to do anymore…

JANNATCREATION|573x500

Mod Note: Username removed. .

My logo is deer and your one is transmitter

This hits home for me on so many levels. “You specialize in fashion illustration? Great, we’re a concrete plant and would love to hire you!” 🙂

Contact the seller before ordering. Tell them that you need them to draw something very specific and technical. Show them the picture. Probably don’t hire someone who solely has animals, flowers and people in their portfolio.

PS $50 is a low price for a logo. I’m just saying.

I’ve done all of that believe me… I just met fake designers…

And of course both of them told me is perfect, looking forward to start the job please sign up to invoice!

There are a lot of incompetent designers because fiverr allow anyone on the platform.

not a 5-10 dollars work ! i clearly don’t believe so i raised my budget to 50 dollars.

To be completely honest with you, 50$ is way below market rate.

I know that on fiverr with all those 5$ gigs seems like you are increasing your price 10 times!

But in reality 50$ wouldn’t get you far. Most good logo designs that are “not common” and for a specific device will start at 200$ at least. Also take into account that you don’t know what you need and that means that good seller will spend time with you asking you questions around your target audience, market you will be selling to, genera direction and a lot of other question to determine what you need. And all time also will be accounted to the price of logo.

I’m not sure why are you so aggressive toward people who’s trying to help you. But if you still wish to stay in the bracket of 50$ prices most likely you will have to spend a lot of time and effort and a couple of failed orders trying to find that designer that will understand you.

There are a lot of incompetent designers because fiverr allow anyone on the platform.

not a 5-10 dollars work ! i clearly don’t believe so i raised my budget to 50 dollars.

I know that on fiverr with all those 5$ gigs seems like you are increasing your price 10 times!

But in reality 50$ wouldn’t get you far. Most good logo designs that are “not common” and for a specific device will start at 200$ at least. Also take into account that you don’t know what you need and that means that good seller will spend time with you asking you questions around your target audience, market you will be selling to, genera direction and a lot of other question to determine what you need. And all time also will be accounted to the price of logo.

I’m not sure why are you so aggressive toward people who’s trying to help you. But if you still wish to stay in the bracket of 50$ prices most likely you will have to spend a lot of time and effort and a couple of failed orders trying to find that designer that will understand you.

I get what you’re saying, but you can get a good logo for $50. You do have to spend the time vetting sellers, though. It really depends on how much you value your time.

I get what you’re saying, but you can get a good logo for $50. You do have to spend the time vetting sellers, though. It really depends on how much you value your time.

but you can get a good logo for $50

And I will just quote myself here 😉

But if you still wish to stay in the bracket of 50$ prices most likely you will have to spend a lot of time and effort and a couple of failed orders trying to find that designer that will understand you.

My logo is deer and your one is transmitter

This hits home for me on so many levels. “You specialize in fashion illustration? Great, we’re a concrete plant and would love to hire you!” 🙂

Contact the seller before ordering. Tell them that you need them to draw something very specific and technical. Show them the picture. Probably don’t hire someone who solely has animals, flowers and people in their portfolio.

PS $50 is a low price for a logo. I’m just saying.

$50 is very low for a creative logo, just saying.

$50 is very low for a creative logo, just saying.

That’s semantics and “creative” is subjective. I.e., most people who throw “creative” around really mean “it was made the way I intended it to be made”.

I’m more against “I paid THE WHOLE $50 for a logo” narrative. $50 is a low market price. Doesn’t mean that you can’t find a good designer who will be willing and able to deliver a good result for that price but it’s not a given.

That’s semantics and “creative” is subjective. I.e., most people who throw “creative” around really mean “it was made the way I intended it to be made”.

I’m more against “I paid THE WHOLE $50 for a logo” narrative. $50 is a low market price. Doesn’t mean that you can’t find a good designer who will be willing and able to deliver a good result for that price but it’s not a given.

I agree with you, $50 is too low if you’re looking for something good.

@mariashtelle1

I think, the problem is on @emericcorvest and not on the logo designer, lol 🤭

$50 is a low market price.

I don’t know… read this article.

https://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-the-worlds-most-iconic-logos-cost-companies-2013-3?r=US&IR=T#nike-35-5

Nike’s was $35 and Twitter’s was $15.

It means whatever you think it means. It’s inherently subjective. Don’t try to nitpick what I say, let me reformulate - you can get a logo you like for $50.

@visualstudios

You know, just a lil sharing from me,

I joined Fiverr not because of Fiverr logo, I bought some sports stuff and food and many thing’s not because of their logos, but because of their quality products, quantity, prices (of course) and employees attitude.

@visualstudios

You know, just a lil sharing from me,

I joined Fiverr not because of Fiverr logo, I bought some sports stuff and food and many thing’s not because of their logos, but because of their quality products, quantity, prices (of course) and employees attitude.

Sure, but what does that have to do with what I said? I just said you can get a logo you like for $50. That is true. You can also get a logo you hate for $50. Or $500. Or any price. It’s always subjective.

1979, as the article says.

I see where you’re going with this, but remember the twitter logo which was half the price, in 2006.

How is it related to the market in 2020 and the average prices the agencies and individual professionals charge?

PS Tech logos are often being done for free by startup enthusiasts.

I’m a former agency designer myself and I guess, my question is rhetorical at this point.

How is it related to the market in 2020 and the average prices the agencies and individual professionals charge?

I’m a former agency designer myself and I guess, my question is rhetorical at this point.

Well, you said that $50 was low not long ago.

Well, you said that $50 was low not long ago.

Startup enthusiasts do logos for themselves and their product, it has nothing to do with the prices.

Twitter logo was later redesigned and you’d get penalised for using the old one by accident. We don’t know the price of that redesign.

Startup enthusiasts do logos for themselves and their product, it has nothing to do with the prices.

Twitter logo was later redesigned and you’d get penalised for using the old one by accident. We don’t know the price of that redesign.

True, but it didn’t really change that much, did it? So it wouldn’t have cost any more than it did to originally design it, and if it did that’s just because they’re already a widely-established platform.

True, but it didn’t really change that much, did it? So it wouldn’t have cost any more than it did to originally design it, and if it did that’s just because they’re already a widely-established platform.

So it wouldn’t have cost any more than it did to originally design it, and if it did that’s just because they’re already a widely-established platform.

You can’t know this.

I’m done commenting on this, btw. Have a nice day.

Archived