Fake reviews, fake designers, fake logos: what to do?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scammers and bad quality work happen at all levels. There’s a ton of level two sellers (and even top rated sellers) I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole. I’ll say it again - for creative work no amount of reviews or samples can substitute TALKING WITH THE SELLER first, before placing any order. Communication can’t be faked. Everything else can.

Of course, as I previously mentioned, satisfaction is not guaranteed, no matter what is level of the seller. But chances of “level 2 or top rated sellers” being an upright scammer or not knowing what they are doing are very slim.

TALKING WITH THE SELLER first, before placing any order. Communication can’t be faked. Everything else can.

I agree with you, communication is very important. Can it be faked? Can you have bad experience even after communicating, i’d say, yes.

Because you are being condescending. You say “I was thinking of something like this for your logo”, but then you say “I don’t even know what it is so who cares”. That’s not thinking about a logo. Either you care, or you don’t.

I’m trying to help the guy.

Of course, as I previously mentioned, satisfaction is not guaranteed, no matter what is level of the seller. But chances of “level 2 or top rated sellers” being an upright scammer or not knowing what they are doing are very slim.

TALKING WITH THE SELLER first, before placing any order. Communication can’t be faked. Everything else can.

I agree with you, communication is very important. Can it be faked? Can you have bad experience even after communicating, i’d say, yes.

You can have a bad experience after communicating, that does not mean the communication was “fake”.

It can be “fake”. You can promise to do things you have no idea about.

But that’s not the problem here. You can’t fake a high level of english proficiency, for example. That’s a thing he complained about. That’s not faking communication, that’s lying. If you say “I can do X” and you can’t, the communication itself was true, what you claimed was a lie. You can lie and be a very proficient communication. Hell, to be able to lie well, your communication must be good. Otherwise, it’s too transparent.

That logo you got was probably the best you can hope for.

Remind me to don’t ask for your services if i cannot expect better from you

Some geometric shapes as the cylinder from the device can be used to create a logo.

That was my idea… not to get an illustration.

Next time i planning to do a video call

Some geometric shapes as the cylinder from the device can be used to create a logo.

I really cannot believe all the incredible rudeness here. I’m so sorry I tried to help you.

But that’s not the problem here. You can’t fake a high level of english proficiency, for example. That’s a thing he complained about. That’s not faking communication, that’s lying. If you say “I can do X” and you can’t, the communication itself was true, what you claimed was a lie. You can lie and be a very proficient communication. Hell, to be able to lie well, your communication must be good. Otherwise, it’s too transparent.

Well, we can go on for days. I’d rather spend time doing something productive.

You don’t need a video call. A voice call should suffice to know if the person knows what they’re talking about or not.

What else you want me to say after reading that ?

This is all a communication problem on both parts. You need a much better, more detailed and concrete set of instructions to send to any seller. You can’t just say “I want a logo” and expect any designer to get what you want. And you need to contact sellers who are able to ask you the right questions to get to that point before even starting an order. That’s the only way to get a good logo designed. Otherwise you will get generic stuff that may or not work and may or not align with your vision. Designers are not mind readers.

What else you want me to say after reading that ?

Anyway, i think everybody can sense my anger when i wrote this message and for good reason.

My apologizes for my rudeness misscrystal

I still have hope into this website. Waiting for Fiverr to cancel my current order or from the seller prior proceed. I’ve selected one new designer that i will contact after that.

So please give the approach that i should have for the logo request, what information should i provide ? Btw i’m not selling this product but it’s a main device used the technical discipline that i’m teaching online.

Anyway, i think everybody can sense my anger when i wrote this message and for good reason.

My apologizes for my rudeness misscrystal

I still have hope into this website. Waiting for Fiverr to cancel my current order or from the seller prior proceed. I’ve selected one new designer that i will contact after that.

So please give the approach that i should have for the logo request, what information should i provide ? Btw i’m not selling this product but it’s a main device used the technical discipline that i’m teaching online.

Step 1 - talk with the seller before, and ensure you are comfortable with the level of english/communication. Since your english is also not native, maybe look for a seller that speaks your native language?

Step 2 - tell the designer what you’re looking for. Provide references of logos you like and why you like them. Explain who the target is, what the logo will be used for, and where. Understand that this is highly subjective, and that what you may love another client may hate. It has to be discussed. Most people would hate the Facebook logo or the Nike logo if they got it and they weren’t famous. Yet they are very successful logos.

Hello, do you want your logo to be like that photo of the device?

I think you need to realize what a logo is for.

It is not to show an actual drawing of what you are selling.

Does NIKE’s logo look like a shoe? No.

If you want a logo then get a logo not a drawing of what you sell.

So that is the first part of the problem here. If you need an illustration of the device then find an illustrator for that instead of a logo designer.

Great explanation … it’s exactly what I was thinking to write. However an illustration of that product can be done as the client wishes but it wouldn’t be an actual logo just…a drawing/illustration of a product

Step 1 - talk with the seller before, and ensure you are comfortable with the level of english/communication. Since your english is also not native, maybe look for a seller that speaks your native language?

Step 2 - tell the designer what you’re looking for. Provide references of logos you like and why you like them. Explain who the target is, what the logo will be used for, and where. Understand that this is highly subjective, and that what you may love another client may hate. It has to be discussed. Most people would hate the Facebook logo or the Nike logo if they got it and they weren’t famous. Yet they are very successful logos.

I’ve done all of that believe me… I just met fake designers…

And of course both of them told me is perfect, looking forward to start the job please sign up to invoice!

Great explanation … it’s exactly what I was thinking to write. However an illustration of that product can be done as the client wishes but it wouldn’t be an actual logo just…a drawing/illustration of a product

You will open yourself up to insults in this thread by trying to explain or help.

I’ve done all of that believe me… I just met fake designers…

And of course both of them told me is perfect, looking forward to start the job please sign up to invoice!

No, you didn’t.

“It’s not like what you are saying…My logo is deer and your one is transmitter so the effect show in different way…Do you want full transmitter in that form or only top part? Just make me little more clear and let me give it last try please as I have worked on this and spent time so want to complete this work

So just allow me to work for last chance please”

You did talk to this person before, and didn’t get that their communication is terrible? How?

not very appropriate … to be honest a seller would avoid working with you if you talk like that

You will open yourself up to insults in this thread by trying to explain or help.

it’s very likely … I usually get insulted by some buyers as well if I actually try to help and explain what’s better…and what work in regards to their ideas so I won’t be surprised if that happens

it’s very likely … I usually get insulted by some buyers as well if I actually try to help and explain what’s better…and what work in regards to their ideas so I won’t be surprised if that happens

But I bet you don’t tell them

“It’s not like what you are saying…My logo is deer and your one is transmitter so the effect show in different way…Do you want full transmitter in that form or only top part? Just make me little more clear and let me give it last try please as I have worked on this and spent time so want to complete this work

So just allow me to work for last chance please”

This guy clearly has some communication issues. But the sellers he bought from were no better. If they were, they would have just turned him down anyway before starting.

Archived