Do not be fooled into being "friends" with buyers or potential buyers

misscrystal

Yeah, my mistake! But still those phrasing sounds offensive.

But still those phrasing sounds offensive.

I agree, it’s very offensive.

Racist is discrimination against people because of faith, ethnicity, or skin tone.

1406455294_Screenshot_2020-04-03DefinitionofRACISM.png.f8a03ff0e9ad7df50e93f41bc16e539d.png
Screenshot_2020-04-03 Definition of RACISM795×435 39.7 KB

It’s not racism as there was no race mentioned. It’s stereotyping in the person’s own mind about what people in a certain country are all like, and it’s insulting to do that.

It’s passive-aggressive, meaning although he was trying to sound complimentary he actually was being degrading and devaluing by saying all people of a certain gender in a certain country are alike.

I agree, but to an extend. I have long-term buyers who became like friends over time. I love chatting to them on occasion, and it makes my experience here so much more authentic. In the real world, you can become close to actual clients, can’t you?

I agree, i have also serveral guys like that. Who feels like really good friends, and they bring me with a time already more then 20 orders with good tips 😉

Some buyers do not try to be fake friends with an alternative motive. A few people will directly try to rip you off. A guy wanted a custom order that was basically a 33% discount. He didn’t even ask. That was his first and final offer. I of course said no as I value myself.

Some buyers do not try to be fake friends with an alternative motive. A few people will directly try to rip you off. A guy wanted a custom order that was basically a 33% discount. He didn’t even ask. That was his first and final offer. I of course said no as I value myself.

Some buyers do not try to be fake friends with an alternative motive. A few people will directly try to rip you off.

Those are the more easy ones to spot.

There are actual regular clients who will periodically place orders but demand too much of your free time getting you involved in both conversations and possible free work. This is where it gets tricky to figure out how to deal with them.

Thank you for this post!
I’ve been around a while in Fiverr, but fortunately, I didn’t have such encounters. I do, though, have occasionally someone asking me to communicate with him elsewhere or sell my account or even allow him to use my PC for whatever (dirty I assume) thing he was planning and pay me. I reported and politely refused. Usually Fiverr is unto them within hours. 😅

I want to clarify that you can have regular clients that are super nice always, and you always have a brief chat for maybe five minutes and they always order. There is a mutual liking you each have for the other. I’m not talking about that.

I don’t mind chatting with Clients that I’ve built a good rapport for a few minutes. The ones that irk me are the window-shoppers/time-wasters. The conversation stops at the 5-minute mark. If I see they are just wasting my time or will give me grief. I END it!

My motto is time is a terrible thing to waste. 🍹

I don’t mind chatting with Clients that I’ve built a good rapport for a few minutes. The ones that irk me are the window-shoppers/time-wasters. The conversation stops at the 5-minute mark. If I see they are just wasting my time or will give me grief. I END it!

My motto is time is a terrible thing to waste. 🍹

Some window shoppers will continue asking more and more questions as long as you keep answering.

Archived