Buyer wanted to change their review and I got a warning

muzkah_px

Hey guys!

So the other day I got a client and after delivering the product my client wanted a revision. It was a very little mistake I made, took about 20 seconds to fix. After I delivered my product again the buyer didn’t see it for some reason and just accepted it, thinking it was the version before revision. The buyer gave me 2.7 stars and a very negative feedback. I contacted the buyer afterwards to ask him why would he ever do this to me as I did nothing wrong. He apologized and told me that he didn’t see the new version I sent him. Now he is very pleased with his product and would happily want to change the review but he can’t, so he himself contacted the support and so did I. After giving all the proof and everything the support would ever need, they just tell me that I’m trying to manipulate and that I will get my account suspended if I try to contact them again about this issue? That is so unfair and makes me sick to my stomach. It’s not like I did anything wrong the buyer himself wants to change the review and he is also feeling bad about the situation. The buyer wants to make it right very much as he himself said: “I feel terrible about it. I’ll do everything I can”. Why is the support not taking this seriously after all the proof I provided and I’m sure they can check all the chat logs and also contact the buyer for any questions. Now my Fiverr career is probably done and there is nobody that can help me not even the support.

Thanks for reading! </3

If I were you, I wouldn’t have reacted to the review. Recently a buyer said I did a great job in the inbox and droped exactly 2.7 star, I was
($5 work) shocked. I kept quiet and didn’t contact the buyer. He later bought another gig about 3 weeks later $100 - meaning that he was truly very satisfied with the initial job. Any review! I will always keep quiet, all I’ll do is hope for a 5 star review.

The idea is - keep quiet. Don’t complain about any review. If you do, It might be viewed as manipulative if you discuss review issues with your buyer.

Upsetting yes - Fatal no

The systems are not always clear on first use but you learn from your mistakes and get it right next time.

🙂

I mean it’s not even my mistake to be clear. The revision was just to change the color of a black background to different shade of black. That’s why it’s so upsetting, I did nothing wrong and the buyer himself wants to change the review 😕

I mean it’s not even my mistake to be clear. The revision was just to change the color of a black background to different shade of black. That’s why it’s so upsetting, I did nothing wrong and the buyer himself wants to change the review 😕

buyer himself wants to change the review

No he didn’t at the beginning.

I contacted the buyer afterwards to ask him why would he ever do this to me

But this 👆 is what got you into trouble. I know it might sound ridiculous for you but asking your clients why they left bad reviews (or any reviews) to be precise is strictly forbidden here. And even if that was a mistake in your case a lot of sellers doing that to make buyers feel bad about them leaving bad review. So fiverr has to restrict any mentioning of word “review”

Hey guys!

So the other day I got a client and after delivering the product my client wanted a revision. It was a very little mistake I made, took about 20 seconds to fix. After I delivered my product again the buyer didn’t see it for some reason and just accepted it, thinking it was the version before revision. The buyer gave me 2.7 stars and a very negative feedback. I contacted the buyer afterwards to ask him why would he ever do this to me as I did nothing wrong. He apologized and told me that he didn’t see the new version I sent him. Now he is very pleased with his product and would happily want to change the review but he can’t, so he himself contacted the support and so did I. After giving all the proof and everything the support would ever need, they just tell me that I’m trying to manipulate and that I will get my account suspended if I try to contact them again about this issue? That is so unfair and makes me sick to my stomach. It’s not like I did anything wrong the buyer himself wants to change the review and he is also feeling bad about the situation. The buyer wants to make it right very much as he himself said: “I feel terrible about it. I’ll do everything I can”. Why is the support not taking this seriously after all the proof I provided and I’m sure they can check all the chat logs and also contact the buyer for any questions. Now my Fiverr career is probably done and there is nobody that can help me not even the support.

Thanks for reading! </3

I contacted the buyer afterwards to ask him why would he ever do this to me

That is why you got a warning. You can’t even mention a review to a buyer.

• 11 months later...

I wonder if this happens again, if you could simply ask the buyer if they received the latest revision?

you could simply ask the buyer if they received the latest revision?

I was about to ask this.

But yeah, you got the warning because you can’t talk anything review related to a customer, as it is seen as manipulation. Fiverr often favors the buyer in any case, you have to be hella cautious with anything you do or say. Even when it was a mistake from the buyer, he did not break any ToS with said mistake, meanwhile you did by mentioning the review. ToS can be tricky in the practice, but you can’t do anything but adhere to them if you want to work here.

you could simply ask the buyer if they received the latest revision?

I was about to ask this.

But yeah, you got the warning because you can’t talk anything review related to a customer, as it is seen as manipulation. Fiverr often favors the buyer in any case, you have to be hella cautious with anything you do or say. Even when it was a mistake from the buyer, he did not break any ToS with said mistake, meanwhile you did by mentioning the review. ToS can be tricky in the practice, but you can’t do anything but adhere to them if you want to work here.

as it is seen as manipulation.

I received such a warning because I asked a repeat buyer what was wrong, due to a 3.3 star review. The dude thought this is not affecting me in any way and thought it would just be personal feedback for me to improve.

He felt bad, went to support and asked the review to be removed. And yes, they removed it, but also gave me a warning. I never told him to change anything, I just asked what was wrong. I didn’t even mention the word review. But as long as the buyer goes to customer support wanting to change the review, they automatically assume it’s because of you and give you a warning. Yes, I am not happy about it, but there’s nothing to do other than move on.

I do agree with the stuff you said, don’t talk about the review. You can share your own review and your own side of the story. It’s better to just move on, otherwise… you deal with consequences.

as it is seen as manipulation.

I received such a warning because I asked a repeat buyer what was wrong, due to a 3.3 star review. The dude thought this is not affecting me in any way and thought it would just be personal feedback for me to improve.

He felt bad, went to support and asked the review to be removed. And yes, they removed it, but also gave me a warning. I never told him to change anything, I just asked what was wrong. I didn’t even mention the word review. But as long as the buyer goes to customer support wanting to change the review, they automatically assume it’s because of you and give you a warning. Yes, I am not happy about it, but there’s nothing to do other than move on.

I do agree with the stuff you said, don’t talk about the review. You can share your own review and your own side of the story. It’s better to just move on, otherwise… you deal with consequences.

You can share your own review and your own side of the story.

Yes, you can always answer their review with your side of the story. I had 2 buyers that I should have left a good rant about them in the answer, but decided not to because I thought it will look unprofessional to do it. At the end of the day, the first impression your potential customers get is from your gig page and I’m pretty sure everyone reads the reviews first. If I have a customer giving 3 stars in seller communication and then I go and reply with a rant, who is looking more unprofessional? Buyers tend to side with buyers, and they don’t see the whole process of the client being pedantic, so they will only get a bad impression of me as a seller because they probably think that 3 star rate was justified (and I continue to reinforce that idea with the vendetta reply with a rant). As a seller I have my boundaries, and can’t let a customer cross them, but my main goal is to keep things professional. A buyer can be pedantic, but it is my job to remain polite, as long as they don’t cross the line.

You can share your own review and your own side of the story.

Yes, you can always answer their review with your side of the story. I had 2 buyers that I should have left a good rant about them in the answer, but decided not to because I thought it will look unprofessional to do it. At the end of the day, the first impression your potential customers get is from your gig page and I’m pretty sure everyone reads the reviews first. If I have a customer giving 3 stars in seller communication and then I go and reply with a rant, who is looking more unprofessional? Buyers tend to side with buyers, and they don’t see the whole process of the client being pedantic, so they will only get a bad impression of me as a seller because they probably think that 3 star rate was justified (and I continue to reinforce that idea with the vendetta reply with a rant). As a seller I have my boundaries, and can’t let a customer cross them, but my main goal is to keep things professional. A buyer can be pedantic, but it is my job to remain polite, as long as they don’t cross the line.

Well in my case it was a repeat customer. He continued working with me after this, in fact he just accepted an order an hour ago.

I am not sure how ranty some can get, but usually if there’s a less than favorable review, it comes from people that expect the world for $5. I have someone that wanted me to deliver a Forbes-like article for $5 in 2 days. Those articles take time and research. It’s improtant to set expectations as a buyer based on the price and communication. When you pay for a simple, general article, that’s what you get. Many buyers don’t communicate with the seller or never reply to him asking for info. I’ve had this happen over the years. But there’s always a solution. I regret having a warning, when I didn’t ask for any change to the review or anything. Yet at the end of the day, you just have to move on.

Well in my case it was a repeat customer. He continued working with me after this, in fact he just accepted an order an hour ago.

I am not sure how ranty some can get, but usually if there’s a less than favorable review, it comes from people that expect the world for $5. I have someone that wanted me to deliver a Forbes-like article for $5 in 2 days. Those articles take time and research. It’s improtant to set expectations as a buyer based on the price and communication. When you pay for a simple, general article, that’s what you get. Many buyers don’t communicate with the seller or never reply to him asking for info. I’ve had this happen over the years. But there’s always a solution. I regret having a warning, when I didn’t ask for any change to the review or anything. Yet at the end of the day, you just have to move on.

Many buyers don’t communicate with the seller or never reply to him asking for info.

And then they’re expecting an excellent result with exactly what they had in mind 🤡

When you pay for a simple, general article, that’s what you get.

And it’s important to always be clear with amount of items you offer and the delivery time. Some leave the “unlimited” revisions and then nightmarish clients come to ask for a zillion revisions and they’re contractually forced to make them, because they didn’t specify how many revisions they’re willing to make for a determined amount of money.

Same as having ambiguous or subjective services or products in the gigs. It’s not the same “I offer any kind of fruit you want” to “I sell sweet, small, red apples for breakfast”. A customer technically can’t (or shouldn’t) be refunded if you deliver exactly what you promised, and that’s completely apart from the client’s taste, he bought something, he got what he paid for, maybe he doesn’t likes apples but the gig made clear that apples were sold and he bought them.

It surprises me how buyers sometimes like to make sellers’ lives miserable just because they want to pay less money. We’re not here to overwork to get underpaid.

Many buyers don’t communicate with the seller or never reply to him asking for info.

And then they’re expecting an excellent result with exactly what they had in mind 🤡

When you pay for a simple, general article, that’s what you get.

And it’s important to always be clear with amount of items you offer and the delivery time. Some leave the “unlimited” revisions and then nightmarish clients come to ask for a zillion revisions and they’re contractually forced to make them, because they didn’t specify how many revisions they’re willing to make for a determined amount of money.

Same as having ambiguous or subjective services or products in the gigs. It’s not the same “I offer any kind of fruit you want” to “I sell sweet, small, red apples for breakfast”. A customer technically can’t (or shouldn’t) be refunded if you deliver exactly what you promised, and that’s completely apart from the client’s taste, he bought something, he got what he paid for, maybe he doesn’t likes apples but the gig made clear that apples were sold and he bought them.

It surprises me how buyers sometimes like to make sellers’ lives miserable just because they want to pay less money. We’re not here to overwork to get underpaid.

And it’s important to always be clear with amount of items you offer and the delivery time.

As I said, I’ve been here for 7+ years. I obviously state what they get and when to contact me. I also say I don’t work with gig multiples and have a limited word count. Yet most buyers don’t read the description.

I have unlimited revisions, within 7 years I maybe had 2 people that I had to cancel orders for because they were hard to work with and they constantly wanted more work. So in my case, unlimited revisions is a sales point, it wasn’t a headache.

And it’s important to always be clear with amount of items you offer and the delivery time.

As I said, I’ve been here for 7+ years. I obviously state what they get and when to contact me. I also say I don’t work with gig multiples and have a limited word count. Yet most buyers don’t read the description.

I have unlimited revisions, within 7 years I maybe had 2 people that I had to cancel orders for because they were hard to work with and they constantly wanted more work. So in my case, unlimited revisions is a sales point, it wasn’t a headache.

Yet most buyers don’t read the description.

Thst seems to be a common problem here on Fiverr. Some don’t even bother reading what the order THEY’RE ACTUALLY BUYING contains and then they want to complain about it. Once they accept a custom order or place an order, they’re bound to that contract and so is the seller. I one had one seller that was hurrying me and even complaint because I had trouble uploading the delivery and implied I was being incompetent by not sending it properly when I was delivering THREE DAYS before the deadline and even had the audacity to left 3.7 stars even when he was satisfied with the work before all that. I’m sorry he didn’t read what the order contained, but as far as I’m concerned, I will do exactly what’s in the order and any change may require charging extra money. He decided to double my Premium package price because he “wanted me to be flexible” but the offer is what it is: I deliver in 6 days, I wasn’t delivering late, end of the case.

As I said, I’ve been here for 7+ years.

I was talking in general, not specifically about you.

So in my case, unlimited revisions is a sales point, it wasn’t a headache.

Maybe because your category is article writing (I’m guessing because you said it, don’t know if you have other gigs), and it’s not that subjective to give room for the buyer to complain and nit-pick everything. Graphic design and editing sellers don’t have that luck and offering unlimited revisions is a death sentence 😂 People can become really picky and sometimes is just over personal taste, not about not meeting the specifications of your gig description.

Yet most buyers don’t read the description.

Thst seems to be a common problem here on Fiverr. Some don’t even bother reading what the order THEY’RE ACTUALLY BUYING contains and then they want to complain about it. Once they accept a custom order or place an order, they’re bound to that contract and so is the seller. I one had one seller that was hurrying me and even complaint because I had trouble uploading the delivery and implied I was being incompetent by not sending it properly when I was delivering THREE DAYS before the deadline and even had the audacity to left 3.7 stars even when he was satisfied with the work before all that. I’m sorry he didn’t read what the order contained, but as far as I’m concerned, I will do exactly what’s in the order and any change may require charging extra money. He decided to double my Premium package price because he “wanted me to be flexible” but the offer is what it is: I deliver in 6 days, I wasn’t delivering late, end of the case.

So in my case, unlimited revisions is a sales point, it wasn’t a headache.

Maybe because your category is article writing (I’m guessing because you said it, don’t know if you have other gigs), and it’s not that subjective to give room for the buyer to complain and nit-pick everything. Graphic design and editing sellers don’t have that luck and offering unlimited revisions is a death sentence 😂 People can become really picky and sometimes is just over personal taste, not about not meeting the specifications of your gig description.

354892_2.png moonstaredits:

You were replying to me 🙂

Graphic design and editing sellers don’t have that luck and offering unlimited revisions is a death sentence 😂

Writing is just as subjective, if not more. I just focus to capture the customer’s ideas, so I don’t really have to deal with revisions often. But I do have the ocasional customer that believes his $5 buy the world.

329912_2.png donnovan86:

You were replying to me 🙂

Graphic design and editing sellers don’t have that luck and offering unlimited revisions is a death sentence 😂

Writing is just as subjective, if not more. I just focus to capture the customer’s ideas, so I don’t really have to deal with revisions often. But I do have the ocasional customer that believes his $5 buy the world.

But I do have the ocasional customer that believes his $5 buy the world.

Those never fail to appear 😂 And I’m pretty sure most of them are aware that hiring a pro in real life will not cost them 5$. So why do they complain? That budget can only take them so far. They should be grateful that some quality professionals here on Fiverr are even willing to make the work for that low price. I think a professional out of Fiverr will charge at least 15$ or more for every work hour, but I’m not sure, and depends on the project and the country.

But I do have the ocasional customer that believes his $5 buy the world.

Those never fail to appear 😂 And I’m pretty sure most of them are aware that hiring a pro in real life will not cost them 5$. So why do they complain? That budget can only take them so far. They should be grateful that some quality professionals here on Fiverr are even willing to make the work for that low price. I think a professional out of Fiverr will charge at least 15$ or more for every work hour, but I’m not sure, and depends on the project and the country.

I think a professional out of Fiverr will charge at least 15$ or more for every work hour, but I’m not sure, and depends on the project and the country.

The great thing about Fiverr is that you can set the price. If you want to work 2 hours for $5, you can do that. There are people that work 5 minutes for $5. So it’s up to you to pick what works. Plus, if you’re level 2 you can have around 20 gigs, which is A LOT. I like that about Fiverr, you easily have everything under control and you can pick what you want to do, what to sell and so on.

I think a professional out of Fiverr will charge at least 15$ or more for every work hour, but I’m not sure, and depends on the project and the country.

The great thing about Fiverr is that you can set the price. If you want to work 2 hours for $5, you can do that. There are people that work 5 minutes for $5. So it’s up to you to pick what works. Plus, if you’re level 2 you can have around 20 gigs, which is A LOT. I like that about Fiverr, you easily have everything under control and you can pick what you want to do, what to sell and so on.

I like that about Fiverr, you easily have everything under control and you can pick what you want to do, what to sell and so on.

Yes, me too. You don’t depend on what the buyer offers for a project like it happens in other platforms like Freelancer.

Archived