What's the average price for 2D/3D animation short movie?

grazianoquaglin

I got confused, i need to realize a Short Movie in Cartoon style animation of about 2-3 minutes. I’ve serached Fiverr for 2 days and found different prices, from 180 Euro to more than 400-500.
I don’t want to extra pay, nor to get scammed.
What is the right price to pay for my case?
Also, it seems to me that 2D is cheaper than 3D… am i right?

Hi there.

It all depends on several factors.

Length, complexity of the script, whether or not you need original artwork created as well, plus the overall quality/style you are looking for.

The range you mention above is extremely cheap.

If you got quoted as much for a 3 minute 2D animated video, it means you are getting low quality work or a frankenstein of templates and clipart work.

Yes 3D is more expensive especially if you need character work done.

Hi there.

It all depends on several factors.

Length, complexity of the script, whether or not you need original artwork created as well, plus the overall quality/style you are looking for.

The range you mention above is extremely cheap.

If you got quoted as much for a 3 minute 2D animated video, it means you are getting low quality work or a frankenstein of templates and clipart work.

Yes 3D is more expensive especially if you need character work done.

Ty for the answer!

so if someone is offering that lenght of animation for 190 euro or a bit more, i can certainly say it is a scam?

I’ve seen a well considered artist (he has many many feedbacks) offering a very good price (like 133 Euro) for his Premium Gig: 3 characters, 2 backgrounds, background music, HD video, 45 sec running.

I was considering this a very nice Gig, what you think about?

Ty for the answer!

so if someone is offering that lenght of animation for 190 euro or a bit more, i can certainly say it is a scam?

I’ve seen a well considered artist (he has many many feedbacks) offering a very good price (like 133 Euro) for his Premium Gig: 3 characters, 2 backgrounds, background music, HD video, 45 sec running.

I was considering this a very nice Gig, what you think about?

I never said it’s a scam.

Lots of sellers offer explainer videos for $100.

I could never do that personally, but when you look at the end product you can guess why one cost more than the other.

If you found someone who’s portfolio looks like what you are after, and you can afford them, then go for it.

I never said it’s a scam.

Lots of sellers offer explainer videos for $100.

I could never do that personally, but when you look at the end product you can guess why one cost more than the other.

If you found someone who’s portfolio looks like what you are after, and you can afford them, then go for it.

I’m referring to complex Animation, like exactly short films for entertainment. Maybe i can send you in private the link to whom i’m referring? just to get the opinion of an expert

I’m referring to complex Animation, like exactly short films for entertainment. Maybe i can send you in private the link to whom i’m referring? just to get the opinion of an expert

I’m sorry but I don’t think I can help you any further.

If you watched their demo video and you are happy with their quality and you can afford them, why does it matter if an expert weighs in?

I charge $4k+ for complex 60 second videos so I think what I think is complex/affordable/good quality will NOT be the same with what you can afford or what they offer that got them hundreds of positive reviews.

Hope that makes sense.

Please do not message me in private. 🙂

I’m sorry but I don’t think I can help you any further.

If you watched their demo video and you are happy with their quality and you can afford them, why does it matter if an expert weighs in?

I charge $4k+ for complex 60 second videos so I think what I think is complex/affordable/good quality will NOT be the same with what you can afford or what they offer that got them hundreds of positive reviews.

Hope that makes sense.

Please do not message me in private. 🙂

Thanks again,

no i was just curious to learn something about prices/quality, 'cause i’m kinda a Newbye in the world of Animation, and didn’t want to be eaten by “sharks” if you know what i mean 😃

Sorry if i bothered

Thanks again,

no i was just curious to learn something about prices/quality, 'cause i’m kinda a Newbye in the world of Animation, and didn’t want to be eaten by “sharks” if you know what i mean 😃

Sorry if i bothered

Well seems like you are at the wrong starting point. Wondering if freelancers in the marketplace are trying to pull a fast one on you, a “noob”, instead of asking whether or not what you have budgeted is enough to match your expectations, will only set your projects up to fail.

You will always assign the freelancer’s price tag to malicious intent. And anything over your financial reach will be a “scam”.

If you want to show me a sample of what it is you are trying to get I can happily provide you with a ballpark estimate based on quality alone. Just to clarify: this wouldn’t be a quote on my behalf, I am not interested in the project.

I would happily give you a baseline cost based on industry standards.

You never bothered me, I replied on your post.

I just asked to not be contacted in private. 🙂

Thanks!

Well seems like you are at the wrong starting point. Wondering if freelancers in the marketplace are trying to pull a fast one on you, a “noob”, instead of asking whether or not what you have budgeted is enough to match your expectations, will only set your projects up to fail.

You will always assign the freelancer’s price tag to malicious intent. And anything over your financial reach will be a “scam”.

If you want to show me a sample of what it is you are trying to get I can happily provide you with a ballpark estimate based on quality alone. Just to clarify: this wouldn’t be a quote on my behalf, I am not interested in the project.

I would happily give you a baseline cost based on industry standards.

You never bothered me, I replied on your post.

I just asked to not be contacted in private. 🙂

Thanks!

You got a point. But actually i’m considering scam whatever seems to be A LOT under my financial. What seems too appetible. It’s this that scaries me 🙂 on the opposite, i have a very good opinion about Pro verified users charging in base of their efforts/competence (just to clarify).

Well, initially i was searching for this top quality:

But i found here on Feverr some prices kinda too cheap (the range i’ve posted)…i got suspicious, understand me. That’s basically why i creates this topic xD

Than i changed and searched for a 2D adaptation (i thought i could be well served with that too) with a similar quality:

The prices i’ve found for 2D works like this one are still in the range, but they make sense to me (contrary to 3D prices i’ve found).

My work should be approximately of 2 min of lenght, with 3 characters, 1 landscape background and 1 interior background, spoken with voiceover; atmosphere with a Tim Burton feeling.

If you want to give me an idea of a basic price, i’m all ears 🙂

You got a point. But actually i’m considering scam whatever seems to be A LOT under my financial. What seems too appetible. It’s this that scaries me 🙂 on the opposite, i have a very good opinion about Pro verified users charging in base of their efforts/competence (just to clarify).

Well, initially i was searching for this top quality:

But i found here on Feverr some prices kinda too cheap (the range i’ve posted)…i got suspicious, understand me. That’s basically why i creates this topic xD

Than i changed and searched for a 2D adaptation (i thought i could be well served with that too) with a similar quality:

The prices i’ve found for 2D works like this one are still in the range, but they make sense to me (contrary to 3D prices i’ve found).

My work should be approximately of 2 min of lenght, with 3 characters, 1 landscape background and 1 interior background, spoken with voiceover; atmosphere with a Tim Burton feeling.

If you want to give me an idea of a basic price, i’m all ears 🙂

So you’ve shared the second sample of the 2D video with sellers here on Fiverr, and you were quoted €180-€500?

That doesn’t make sense.

First of all: that’s hand drawn animation.

I doubt any of the sellers you reached out to can do that.

I make hand drawn animations and I cannot reproduce characters in that style.

Secondly: if your video has a dog, then please note that over 80% of professional animators out there don’t know how to rig and animate an animal. It’s more complex than a human and if your entire video is based on performances, then you definitely need someone who can show you samples of past work, specifically showing animals.

Re: cost

You are looking at 5 figures for either a 3D video or a hand drawn 2D one, for sure.

So you’ve shared the second sample of the 2D video with sellers here on Fiverr, and you were quoted €180-€500?

That doesn’t make sense.

First of all: that’s hand drawn animation.

I doubt any of the sellers you reached out to can do that.

I make hand drawn animations and I cannot reproduce characters in that style.

Secondly: if your video has a dog, then please note that over 80% of professional animators out there don’t know how to rig and animate an animal. It’s more complex than a human and if your entire video is based on performances, then you definitely need someone who can show you samples of past work, specifically showing animals.

Re: cost

You are looking at 5 figures for either a 3D video or a hand drawn 2D one, for sure.

Well in reality i didn’t show them any reference, but i can guarantee that many sellers in here have among their samples things of this quality, or even better (i don’t know if i can post here links to Fever users page).

And the prices i’ve considered are in that range, yes.

Things i’ve considere looking into profiles:

-many of this sellers are located in nigeria

-they don’t mention anything like 2D/3D animator among their skills on their profile page, in contrary they write “SEO”, “digital marketer” and so on

scam? 😕

BUT i also found some very well-trusted artists working on that range. So i got even more confused ‘’^^

Well in reality i didn’t show them any reference, but i can guarantee that many sellers in here have among their samples things of this quality, or even better (i don’t know if i can post here links to Fever users page).

And the prices i’ve considered are in that range, yes.

Things i’ve considere looking into profiles:

-many of this sellers are located in nigeria

-they don’t mention anything like 2D/3D animator among their skills on their profile page, in contrary they write “SEO”, “digital marketer” and so on

scam? 😕

BUT i also found some very well-trusted artists working on that range. So i got even more confused ‘’^^

Well in reality i didn’t show them any reference

When will you start showing them?

How can they responsibly let you know they can match the quality or visual style?

If you can show me someone who offers hand drawn character animation like that “or in higher quality” for €500 I will hire them full-time and pay for their re-location.

Well in reality i didn’t show them any reference

When will you start showing them?

How can they responsibly let you know they can match the quality or visual style?

If you can show me someone who offers hand drawn character animation like that “or in higher quality” for €500 I will hire them full-time and pay for their re-location.

Am i allowed to post here some Fever pages? it could help me a lot to clarify if it’s all a misunderstanding of mine 😦

Am i allowed to post here some Fever pages? it could help me a lot to clarify if it’s all a misunderstanding of mine 😦

Not sure if it’s breaking any rules.

But I am genuinely curious to see what you found that looks like those samples and is so cheap.

I am sure mods will jump in and help us out if it’s not allowed.

Not sure if it’s breaking any rules.

But I am genuinely curious to see what you found that looks like those samples and is so cheap.

I am sure mods will jump in and help us out if it’s not allowed.

Ok if it is against rules i will delete the post, but meanwhile, look at this:

https://www.fiverr.com/mubarak_gazal/animate-professional-2d-animation-and-cartoon-for-you?context_referrer=search_gigs&source=guided_search_nav&ref_ctx_id=33886c0b-4f27-4c9f-a1de-db8e971afa5e&pckg_id=1&pos=8

This seems hand-drawn to me, but you’re more experct so i wait for your word.

Other interesting things i’ve found:

https://www.fiverr.com/alifstyle/make-simple-animation?context_referrer=search_gigs&source=guided_search_nav&ref_ctx_id=9d2a8144-f0b8-4bda-b062-a395a979986f&pckg_id=1&pos=40

(this guy is the one i was referring to initially, the one with many feedbacks)

And the list goes on. These are only the ones that gives me a feeling like 2i’m not a scammer".

Ok if it is against rules i will delete the post, but meanwhile, look at this:

https://www.fiverr.com/mubarak_gazal/animate-professional-2d-animation-and-cartoon-for-you?context_referrer=search_gigs&source=guided_search_nav&ref_ctx_id=33886c0b-4f27-4c9f-a1de-db8e971afa5e&pckg_id=1&pos=8

This seems hand-drawn to me, but you’re more experct so i wait for your word.

Other interesting things i’ve found:

https://www.fiverr.com/alifstyle/make-simple-animation?context_referrer=search_gigs&source=guided_search_nav&ref_ctx_id=9d2a8144-f0b8-4bda-b062-a395a979986f&pckg_id=1&pos=40

(this guy is the one i was referring to initially, the one with many feedbacks)

And the list goes on. These are only the ones that gives me a feeling like 2i’m not a scammer".

OK there’s no way of telling if the first seller is legit.

They claim they are a team doing everything.

Their sample is a hand drawn animation, a very well done one.

They have 0 social presence, no other samples or demos across their gigs and all deliveries are static images sans one atrocious 3D video about voting.

I would message the seller and ask for samples, and a quote for a video of that quality.

The second one is legit. Mediocre design and very simple rigged animation, but for sure legit.

OK there’s no way of telling if the first seller is legit.

They claim they are a team doing everything.

Their sample is a hand drawn animation, a very well done one.

They have 0 social presence, no other samples or demos across their gigs and all deliveries are static images sans one atrocious 3D video about voting.

I would message the seller and ask for samples, and a quote for a video of that quality.

The second one is legit. Mediocre design and very simple rigged animation, but for sure legit.

I relly appreciate your helping 😃

So you agree with me that there is something suspicious going there?.. there are more artists like the first seller, with no social presence, 1 wonderfull quality sample (2D or 3D) and stop. Most of them are located in Nigeria or Pakistan, they claim to be a team, but they have irrilevant skills in their profile (SEO? digital marketer?) Coincidence?.. i don’t believe much in coincidences :-/

Going on from this i got really really suspicious.

I believe in the second one because at least he has a personal intro where he appears and talks 😃

You think the ration between quality and price is good?

• 3 months later...

I just signed up of Fiverr looking for freelance animators, what a waste of my time. Aside from the Pro Verified sellers, a lot seem like scammers, using other people’s hard work as their own.

The problem is anonymity for both parties. Fiverr has created a platform where it is impossible to verify content without exposing who you are and so there in lies the giant loophole that people are exploiting. They don’t have the human resources to sift through all the lies.

Well, ask them for a CV then? Nope, they don’t want to give you one or just ignore the request. How can you be expected to drop money and time on a complete stranger with no references if they are not Pro Verified.

• 5 months later...

Actually i am an animator my self on fiverr,
Prices are set upon quality of work and experience,
It is not scam,
If you find someone who does your work for low price, so he or she’s
Work Quality and experiance is according to that price
High price mean high quality work, and i think we cant keep other’s work on our portfolio
Everybody has their own eork on their profile,
3d is expensive because it takes too much time and effort gor making 3d animation instead of 2d

Archived