Buyer has asked for more work than what we agreed on

muhammad201a

Hi,
I’m providing data entry services, and I received an order of property listings on a Wordpress website. We agreed on 1000 listings, but now the buyer has sent extra 90 properties to list, hasn’t mentioned anything. I’m confused here. What should I do? Should I do the work and tell him when delivering? Should I tell him that he has sent extra listings? He said he had another project for me as well, so I’m confused on what to do.

Send the buyer this “Hi, I noticed that the listing you provided had 90 extra listings, please note that this requires an extra charge of $X” where x is the extra amount you want added

That sounds good, but I wanted to ask if putting in an extra hour’s work for free is worth it? Because this may be a potential long-term client.

That sounds good, but I wanted to ask if putting in an extra hour’s work for free is worth it? Because this may be a potential long-term client.

Do you want to risk a long-term bad buyer who’s constantly demanding more than is agreed to? Set the boundaries now. If you want, you can include permission to make a counter offer, but if they want the extra work done for free, it’s a sign that they’ll probably not stop asking for free work.

Do you want to risk a long-term bad buyer who’s constantly demanding more than is agreed to? Set the boundaries now. If you want, you can include permission to make a counter offer, but if they want the extra work done for free, it’s a sign that they’ll probably not stop asking for free work.

Okay, thank you. That helps!

Hi,

I’m providing data entry services, and I received an order of property listings on a Wordpress website. We agreed on 1000 listings, but now the buyer has sent extra 90 properties to list, hasn’t mentioned anything. I’m confused here. What should I do? Should I do the work and tell him when delivering? Should I tell him that he has sent extra listings? He said he had another project for me as well, so I’m confused on what to do.

We agreed on 1000 listings, but now the buyer has sent extra 90 properties to list, hasn’t mentioned anything. I’m confused here. What should I do?

Simple. You send an extra 💰 gig services request. The goal is to work smarter not harder. I’m sure you have other pressing things to do, than work for free, no? Educate Buyers to PAY for the extra services they need.

We agreed on 1000 listings, but now the buyer has sent extra 90 properties to list, hasn’t mentioned anything. I’m confused here. What should I do?

Simple. You send an extra 💰 gig services request. The goal is to work smarter not harder. I’m sure you have other pressing things to do, than work for free, no? Educate Buyers to PAY for the extra services they need.

Thank you Nik, it helped.

A few days ago, I received a buyer who asked me to do beyond we agreed upon. I told him to pay me extra $$$ for that. At first, the buyer tried to convince me. Then, some later date, the buyer raised the price a bit. But, I stood in my position.

It is like a business, what we are doing on fiverr. Like all other business, sometimes we have to say NO.

Archived