Drop-servicing on Fiverr

chalimali

Fiverr was designed as a digital services site, where services are delivered digitally. Drop-shipping physical products isn’t really what Fiverr is about. If you want to work with physical products, there are other sites for that, such as ebay, Amazon, etc.

Hello ! I want to know whether it is legit to start a drop-shipping services on Fiverr. I will with the permission of other seller on Fiverr, start drop-services through my account:

I will with the permission of other seller on Fiverr,

You can’t get ‘permission from sellers’ because we don’t have the authority to give it. If you want permission, you need to ask Fiverr.

Fiverr was designed as a digital services site, where services are delivered digitally. Drop-shipping physical products isn’t really what Fiverr is about. If you want to work with physical products, there are other sites for that, such as ebay, Amazon, etc.

I am talking about drop-shipping services. Not products. As an example think that I develop webpages and my client needs a logo. Without asking from my client to select a person he likes. I hire a logo designer.

I am talking about drop-shipping services. Not products. As an example think that I develop webpages and my client needs a logo. Without asking from my client to select a person he likes. I hire a logo designer.

That’s not drop shipping. That’s called outsourcing, or arbitrage. Of course you can do it, and why would you even ask?

So a contracting service? That I’m not sure about, as far as the TOS goes.

As a personal opinion: How can you be sure that you’ll find the right subcontractor to meet your clients specific requierments?

I’m not sure how long you’ve been on the forums, but there’s a lot of negativity directed at resellers. Some of it legitimate, but one of the most common complaints is that the specifications weren’t met because the end buyer and seller couldn’t communicate with each other.

Acting as the middleman mean you’ll get blamed for anything and everything that goes wrong if communication fails. Plus you’ll have to deal with any change orders, cancellations, trouble-shooting, complaints, demands, etc.

Yes, it can go well, but at least here on Fiverr (or at least as heard in the forums), it more often is glorified babysitting.

Drop-shipping physical products isn’t really what Fiverr is about.

Yes you can- you can ship physical products on Fiverr if you want. I’d say although the market is smaller on here than for services it’s defintely equally as “about” as services.

Drop-shipping physical products isn’t really what Fiverr is about.

Yes you can- you can ship physical products on Fiverr if you want. I’d say although the market is smaller on here than for services it’s defintely equally as “about” as services.

That’s not drop-shipping:

en.wikipedia.org

Drop shipping

Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers its customer's orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail business, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price, but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler ...

That’s called outsourcing. It’s not forbidden, but it’s risky. You should pay that logo designer the price they’re asking and respect their terms (delivery times, number of free revisions included, and so on), and what if your client doesn’t like the logo? You’re out of money you’ve spent on that logo, your client is unhappy, you might get a bad review…

Archived