How are YOU doing?

one of daughters friends has it. To say its bad is an understatement and this is (a formerly) healthy 20 something. Now its a waiting game to see if anyone here has it. No one in the country is allowed out without a signed paper saying what you are going out for and fines have gone up from 38€ to 1000€ now. if you get caught outside without good reason on more than one occasion you are in serious trouble. No one is now supposed to go more than 1km from the house on foot for any reason at all. if you go shopping or to a medical appointment you have to have a signed paper saying why, when, and time you left the house.

Also… Someone went into a shop here wearing a full face gas mask… my daughter was in the shop and no one could understand what the guy was asking for as his face was covered. the people in the shop told him to take it off because they could not understand what he was saying. An argument and a fight ensued with the customer and the people in the shop landing blows on each other and ended with the customer being kicked out. Happy days

To say its bad is an understatement

Scary. Sorry to hear of this! Hoping your family and you are ok.

• Like 2

This is getting ridiculous if I’m honest. They’ve crumpled all the possible symptoms of a flu, common cold, respiratory allergies, irritable bowel syndrome and high blood pressure/low blood pressure into a single long list and somehow any of those things are supposed to be a tell tale sign that I have it.

• Like 6

This is getting ridiculous if I’m honest. They’ve crumpled all the possible symptoms of a flu, common cold, respiratory allergies, irritable bowel syndrome and high blood pressure/low blood pressure into a single long list and somehow any of those things are supposed to be a tell tale sign that I have it.

A very high fever is a sure sign. Unless it’s the flu.

Don’t forget slight sore throat. (Unless it’s from a cold.)

It’s supposed to make you feel even worse than the flu as far as body pain and fatigue.

People who smoke have a harder time with it in general also.

• Like 3

This is getting ridiculous if I’m honest.

On my island, we have had no cases but 1 that was sent to the mainland. The only way to get here is by ferry. All businesses are closed and already people are losing their jobs and can’t pay their bills. It would be easy to prohibit passengers on the ferry and just use the service for goods. This way, life here could continue as something like normal and small businesses would at least stand a chance.

Instead, tourists can get a 10,000 euro fine for not answering the door when a policeman calls to see if they are obeying by quarantine rules. (This means they press buzzers on apartment main entrances that usually don’t work, and guess what time they call?) Businesses can also get a 3,000 fine for opening and at least one has already been fined for trying to do something productive and having staff on-site doing paintwork and maintenance.

It is all madness.

And if you thought Coronavirus was bad, wait for rat flu!

favicon.ico?v=2Mail Online – 24 Mar 20
26359464-0-image-a-4_1585080666256.jpg.940b2c0aec103abb1de6d96b82948442.jpg

Man who died on bus in China tests positive for virus RATS spread

The victim died on a vehicle in Shandong as he made his way to work and was found to be suffering from hantavirus, which infected rats spread through bites, droppings, urine and saliva.

Then you have that minor problem that is when economies nosedive, public health goes through the floor. Infant mortality rates go up, life expectancy shortens, violent crime goes up, the rate of people choosing to end it all skyrockets, rates of malnutrition go up, disease spreads more easily as a result, homelessness rates skyrocket…

This isn’t just getting ridiculous, it’s dangerous, and the aftermath of this is going to be catastrophic. .

• Like 5

I wonder what life will be like a year from now, or two years from now. We have no real leadership here. (edit: I’m referring to our country, not fiverr.) Nothing is being done at all aside from a handful of scientists in various places studying this. It’s crazy people can’t get tested. We can’t do tele-doctor visits. Not enough masks available for healthcare workers who have to wear two masks, two sets of gloves which they remove the top layer for each patient, etc.

I can’t imagine what our pitiful little local emergency waiting room must be like, parents with screaming babies waiting for hours, homeless people, all sick and coughing, overworked understaffed nurses. Hope I don’t have to find out, in person.

A small ray of hope:
They found the virus doesn’t like hot humid weather, over 63 degrees f. It slows it down.

They also found it does not mutate due to the way it’s put together, unlike the flu, so any vaccine will likely be permanent.

Best hope: a year from now a good vaccine will be available to anyone. And the drug that shows so much promise is widely available to anyone who needs it.

Try your hardest to keep from getting it in the meantime. Do whatever it takes.

• Like 8

I think almost every person thinks of scenarios that are not likely to happen. Me too…

But as a human, I know my genes will do whatever it takes to survive.

That’s why I wear mask, wash hands end spend as much as possible time at home, where I feel safe at the moment.

I try to think of positives that could happen in future, like people’s changed mindset, cleaner water, cleaner air, singing birds, animals re-born, and so on. It makes me feel better than catastrophic future.

We will see later. Stay safe!

• Like 10

Thank you for this post!

I am doing okay, indoors all day, trying Fiverr to make ends meet but can’t get any order yet.

But I’m more worried for my grandparents who live in another country that has poor health care system. How are YOU doing?

Pray to Allah for your grandparents.

Now, How is The situation of your country?

• Like 4

Our Ministry of Health commissioned a bunch of ads and infographics explaining to people how not to get the virus in a fun visual way. One of the tips was to avoid wild animals at all costs. But “wild” got lost in translation because the translator was bad at their job. The designer was even more of a genius because they illustrated this tip with a golden retriever instead of a boar or a bat. That triggered a wave of panicked citizens bringing their dogs to the shelters, throwing them out to the streets and occasionally putting them down. Be good at your job, people. Wash your hands and think of the puppies.

• Like 11

In a week’s time, there has been more than 330 people diagnosed with COVID-19 and 3 Arkansas residents have died from the disease. We have yet to see a huge number of cases here but, according to our mayor, he doesn’t trust the numbers. He feels the number is much more than four in our county. We’ve been told that the hospitals have the test but don’t want to use them unless they absolutely have no choice.

In fact, from what I’m hearing, the hospitals are turning people away and not testing those even with outward symptoms of this disease. They just tell them to quarantine themselves and wait for 14 days unless they get worse.

I’m trying to avoid the crowds as much as possible. It was 80+ degrees here today, and I would have walked our local park, but got the word that large groups of people were in the park with their kids. No thank you!

Stay well everyone!

• Like 8

Hello from Tokyo,

We’re doing fine, things do suck, but we’re fine.

We’ve had worse, we’ll survive.

Surprisingly though, I did find toilet paper in the store the other day.

The sign says “One pack per person.” Better prevent people from buying 20 packs!!

There was a two pack limit the last I checked and when people tried to walk out the store with more than that, security removed the extras from their buggie. Most everything is manageable here but it’s allergy season and we practically live in a pollen bowl (surrounded by trees and flowers giving off pollen).

Continuing with odd jobs and writing on my end. A group of some artists on a platform I participate on have thrown together some challenges to keep the community occupied for a while so I got that going. About to fix some tea as I’ve reached my coffee limit for the day. Stay safe out there.

• Like 4

Hey there community I’m very happy see how many people are taking care about each other and wondering if this hard times brings also some positive thinking and revaluing what we have and what we can loose if we continue to leave without seeing outside of our borders we set for us. And now I see how many people willing to help and take care about others and keep the rules. This is war and we are fighting with unseen enemy with whole world together this is very unique times we are leaving when you can win the enemy just doing nothing staying at home and keeping all the sanitarian rules when you need to go out. Covid-19 if we can take a look from the other side make us stronger and united we are all human beings no matter where you leave and what is your color we are all humans and this is a good time to stay at home and think about what we do wrong and why we do this with our earth and how we can change. Believe me we can if we stay united there is no need for any disease to make us take care more about our earth I hope this period of time will teach us to be more sensitive about what we do and if everything we are doing is good and brings happiness to others be more kind and compassive to others and nature. Don’t wait just do it make the world better today. I study how to make a medical masks from youtube and make 10-15 masks everyday and after share with old people for free also I try to help my neighbors who leave alone and higher than 60 to keep them stay home. I buy products and leave in the front of doors disinfecting with an alcohol the plastic bags first. I have no time to watch movies and read books which I love I just spend my time designing my route and planing the deliveries. Also you can help with donations https://blog.fiverr.com/freelancers-relief-fund/ if you can help without contacting with others do it even a small help can turn to the big one if we unite

• Like 11

Honestly, I’m so confused. I was supposed to have my entrance exams next month, that got cancelled - and it seems like it’ll stay that way for at least 2 months. Now I’m stuck in quarantine without anything urgent to do besides the remote COVID-19 projects for an NGO. My Fiverr impressions and everything are at an all-time low because I had to suspend everything for the exam prep, so that’s a real bummer. And let’s not get started on the supply shortages… On the bright side, I finally have time to watch movies or finish something like a book or a game.

• Like 7

Honestly, I’m so confused. I was supposed to have my entrance exams next month, that got cancelled - and it seems like it’ll stay that way for at least 2 months. Now I’m stuck in quarantine without anything urgent to do besides the remote COVID-19 projects for an NGO. My Fiverr impressions and everything are at an all-time low because I had to suspend everything for the exam prep, so that’s a real bummer. And let’s not get started on the supply shortages… On the bright side, I finally have time to watch movies or finish something like a book or a game.

Hey hope you will enjoy video games and read many interesting books also a fine movies of this year great opportunity to improve your skills as you have a free time and keep just positive mood as everything will be fine we are all together and we can handle this just stay safe and try to stay home if we all stay at home for 2 weeks everything will be finished in an absolutely best way

• Like 8

Here in New Zealand we have 300 cases but only 8 in hospital and one in ICU. No deaths. Nearly all our cases are people coming home from overseas. We are in total lockdown for 4 weeks. All non-essential businesses are closed. You can only leave home to buy food or medical supplies. Or you can go for a walk near your house. My Fiverr has got busy - I have that sort of gig! Everybody has stocked up on food so the supermarkets have been under pressure.

• Like 8

Our Ministry of Health commissioned a bunch of ads and infographics explaining to people how not to get the virus in a fun visual way. One of the tips was to avoid wild animals at all costs. But “wild” got lost in translation because the translator was bad at their job. The designer was even more of a genius because they illustrated this tip with a golden retriever instead of a boar or a bat. That triggered a wave of panicked citizens bringing their dogs to the shelters, throwing them out to the streets and occasionally putting them down. Be good at your job, people. Wash your hands and think of the puppies.

😢 oh NOoooooo…

Didn’t anyone double-check those ADs… That’s a pretty bad mistake…

• Like 4

Well, unfortunately where I live people don’t understand that they have to self isolate. Many people are outside like there is nothing going on, and it’s frustrating.
For me it’s particularly hard because I lost my job last week and I see no way that I can find a new one right now. I’m trying to stay happy and positive so that this situation doesn’t affect my mental health.
Hopefully everything will go back to normal soon and we can all get back to our life.

• Like 8