How are YOU doing?

Well, since I haven’t been on the forum in a LONG time except to occasionally help mod, why not the COVID thread? Hello all. I’m doing okay. Hope everyone out there is as well as possible and staying safe!

Maddie! So good to hear you’re okay 🙂 Nice logo, but I miss the pic with cat, almost didn’t recognize you!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Many states here in the U.S. are slowly opening their economies - my state included. To say I’m nervous about how this will all play out is an understatement. As much as I want to get back into the gym or lift weights in the local park, another part of me is saying, this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Last night, instead of attending a concert in Memphis to see Motionless in White, I was at home. The concert was postponed (understandable) and who knows if the concert will even happen. The bright spot of the whole thing is that my school will remain shut down for the rest of the academic year. Now, I do need to go in once a week to get things done such as auditing for next year and payments.

As it stands now, my job is being terminated due to restructuring. I was actually called to ask if I wanted another position in the school as a parapro. While it’s not what I want all the way around, I know I can do the job and will do it as I do anything else in my life. I await the final decision from the board to see if they will make the approval. So, we’ll see!

Thankfully, the Fiverr work has increased, which may be due in part to finding my best gig on page one again with the culmination of an ad I ran.

In the grand scheme of things, I’m just playing the wait and see game and doing work when it comes in.

Stay safe and healthy Fiverr friends!

great…its trying time…things will be okay…

• Like 2

Our Bangladeshi people are in a very dangerous state, the corona virus has seized us, the government is not collecting kits for testing, many people in Bangladesh will die if they continue this way, may Allah protect us all.

Bangladeshi people are brave to protect the covid-19. They are working stay at home everyday.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

So, you didn’t take a test?

My older sister, who lives in France, is in a hospital there since several weeks. Doctors thought that was COVID19 due a chronic cough she has, but the bad news was that her breast cancer was returned after 2 years, and now she is starting chemo therapy again in the next weeks.

COVID19 is not so dangerous as cancer. I understand deaths, but the damage of cancer is increasing every day.

So sad. I pray for her to be healed

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Now in my country everyday 30+ people are dying in COVIT-19,
Now no lockdown here,
People are going outside as usual and leading their daily life as before.
Some people are too much cautious, maintain Health rules but most of them are not.
Now we are working and going office as before.
May Allah help us.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I need to share experience with others.

I live in Czech republic, 10 million country in the centre of Europe. I guess a lot of Users have not heard about such country before and it could take a while to find it on a map. 🙂

My country experienced exponential growth of positive cases last days and weeks. Czech republic “achieved” 3rd place worldwide ranking in number of positive cases per 1 million during last week.

The country is literally a few minutes away from complete lockdown. Reasonable lockdown imo because of limited capacity in hospitals (ICU beds, doctors, nurses etc) to take care of serious COVID cases. Furthermore, other diseases do not vanish of course so the pressure will be extreme in upcoming weeks.

Why do I write it here?

In my opinion, people’s recklessness, lack of discipline and responsibility is the cause. That’s why I believe we are where we are now.

Every single human can make choices. In this case I ask everyone who reads this post, to make right choice.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone. If you’re like me, you’ve been getting these “What are we doing” emails from companies about COVID-19. And… that’s great. Thanks for letting me know random company I bought that one thing from 5 years ago.

I want to ask how YOU are doing and if there’s anything we as a community can do to help support you during this strange time around the world.

Personally, I’m in the SF Bay Area and we’re on FULL “shelter in place” orders. I’m working from home now with three kids (all under 6) so “work time” has gotten a lot crazier (only so many times I can hear my daughter sing “

”). :rofl:

Even if there is nothing that the community can do to help (resources, questions, shared experience), I’d love to hear how your work habits have changed in the last few weeks!

Post from MAR 18

how YOU are doing

and today is DEC 18.

Well, after going to university every day for 14 years to provide lecture and work on e-learning development now after 7 months of on and off lock-down I become freelancer. I always worked on developing my graphic design and video editing skills to benefit me on my day job, to provide better learning experience for my students. It never occurred to me that all those certificates in Photoshop, Illustrator, Web design, Social media design, Graphic design I obtained in my spare time will become important papers today that show my qualifications as graphic designer.

My income is reduced by 80%. My family is safe only because I was saving money to buy as a home this year and now all that money I was saving for 14 years I am using to pay for bills,rent and food.

anything we as a community can do to help

Well, just to start of the pure existence of the Fiverr site is helping me earn that 20% of income monthly. Without Fiverr at this time I would have to reinvent the wheel to get money.

we as a community can do to help support you during this strange time around the world

It helps a lot to have a space to talk about crazy buyers asking for Premium when they pay Basic. And it is kinda addicting to go to the forum every day and see how many new topics are there for How to get orders, what categories have no competition, large buyers, and you do not need skills for it.

how your work habits have changed

I woke up at 6 every morning most of my life. From April 2020 I wake up around 8-10-12 do not get up at all.

I use to go to university and give lectures for 8 hours then go home and do e-learning for 8 hours every day. Now I have no idea how and when to work and what to do.

If it was summer it would be easy, all day on the beach with watermelon. But winter is horrible.

• Like 7

“How do you find success on Fiverr? How to make money on Fiverr?”

I get these questions several times a week, from fellow Fiverr sellers who are just getting started on the platform. Of course, the answer is too complicated to distill into a quick response, hastily sent off.

Luckily for the next person who asks, I can send a link to this guide: a comprehensive look at my best tips for how to make money on Fiverr.

But why are people asking me for advice?

But why are people asking me for advice?

Yes, why indeed? Perhaps it was in one of your dreams since you are a new user with no orders.

Why do you keep posting these nonsensical things that are obviously not written by you?

• Like 5