Why "Fiverr" needs to go back to its CORE

pleasure1601

Fiverr has been the only business I made money off of with no scams and on time payment! I have been on fiverr for ALMOST 3 years and it has been a great experience. When I got on fiverr I was looking to do one thing! Make money. I soon realized that I could do that and make people laugh in the process. These gigs allowed me to join the community of Fiverr which was FUN & Bizarre !

I was a Level 2 seller at the time doing very well. I have since lost that position because Fiverr didnt have a “vacation” option at that time. I made people laugh and got paid doing that and thanks to Fiverr, I could. I have left the fiverr community because of College and personal things and I have been off fiverr for about 1.5 years. I am now back on fiverr looking for that experience again.

Since I have come back this year, that core audience of being FUN & Bizarre has disappeared. There arent many Seller’s on Fiverr who are in this category that are getting attention. I believe that the core category now is Business.

Dont get me wrong, I love that people are offering designs, promotion and all the above to the fiverr community. THAT IS SO AWESOME. What I dislike though is the fact that the FUN & Bizarre (the core of fiverr; I believe) has since decreased. Which in turn created Fiverr to be a site for doing “business” for $5 and not “anything.” I will agree that business is included in the “anything” category. What I dont agree with is that business is all what people come for now! Its like if your not in the business category you’re not a TOP SELLER anymore.

I remember when all categories were equal. I guess the top category (core) comes with the expansion and demand of what people want! I really would like to see the FUNNY back on Fiverr which I believe why it grew so rapidly!

If you have been on fiverr since 2010 or more, let me know your opinions! Should fiverr give more attention to fun & bizarre? What was Fiverr Core Group? Will the expansion lead to a more “business” dominating group? What is your take on it?

Reply to @madmoo: I thought I was the only one who noticed the difference! I use to do alot!!! of happy birthday gigs and people wanted me to talk about their friends! I made them laugh basically! I also did singing with the T-Pain auto tune! I stop using Fiverr because of College and lost my Level 2 position! I was getting like 50 gigs a month not including my up-selling!

Reply to @madmoo: I try my best to work on what I love, music and sounds, I can use bots too and make gigs on autopilot but I’m not like that.

I’m struggling too but I have to thank Fiverr for the opportunity and the thinks that I’ve learned and I’m still learning.

Sad to hear that a top seller and a long time member like you Ang, is finding it hard;-( I’ve only been here three months so I don’t know what the ‘old days’ were like. Every site and forum I’ve been on seems to have had it’s much lamented golden era, which was always at least a year before I joined. . . 😉

I dunno, All I can say is that in the illustration category, at least as far as my work goes, things are going pretty well, so it’s not all gloom and doom out there. I really hope it picks up for you.

Reply to @jbadrawings: Yes its pretty sad! I love that its alot of graphic people here! Actually, It was alot back then too. Its not saturated with alot of graphic people! Im sure anything dealing with the internet like social media, marketing, or drawing/designs will flourish on Fiverr because EVERY business need it! The bad thing about it is that just because you get 5,000 backlinks to your site doesnt mean that will improve your ranking. I can do half the things people are offering on here but I refuse to let a bot run my business and make money doing “completely” nothing. But hey… Fiverr not complaining! So why should I?

Archived