High demand, low competition gigs?

whiteboard_guy

This post is from 2014!

To be fair he is not responding to thin air, there was a post before him recently were this funny guy put a link to his blog where he claims he found magic GD GIGs that guarantee sales in 1 day. So he is actually responding to that post that was erased together with mine where I called his post bologna.

• 1 month later...

To tell about me initially i created many gigs which are not related to one another and kept changing gigs whichever skill iam good at then finally got some sales so i kept those constant.one of my rare fiver skill is nunchaku which is chinese kungfu weapon only 3 gigs you will find on fiverr including mine

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

What are the Low Competition, Easy Gigs?Share your Ideas

I think this thread will useful. Share your ideas. I will share my idea. “Domain name & research available names” Gig is low competition & easy. you continue…

There are Gigs. I gave an example. I found this on an article.

• Like 6

Well there is plenty of gigs that have low competition, but you still need skill and hard work. I Mean example, there is a lot of competition in drawing manga style illustrations and low competition in drawing horror fantasy illustrations, since that’s what i do and I got orders really fast…BUT you still need to know how to draw.
See it that way: If it’s easy and requires no skill, why would buyers pay money instead of doing it themselves?

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 2:38 AM, finndev478 said:

sharing is caring

I mean, kudos to this post for framing the topic as a game of sorts as opposed to your usual “I have no skills and I want the big bucks”. But still, if anyone knows the answer, they’re too busy making the big bucks to bother to invite others to their low competition niche.

• Like 1

sharing is caring 😀

Yes, there are gig types with just a dozen or more sellers. They exist.

But if it’s an easy market, it’s nearly filled to the brim already…

…and if it’s an open market, then it’s hard to upskill or thrive in.

sharing is caring 😃

Gatekeeping also is at times. 😃

Letting low quality sellers or scammers flood a market will just make the clients and sellers’ work harder. Not all secret recipes (or nuclear launch codes for that matter) are kept away from the public just for a matter of greed…

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
32 minutes ago, nnazir said:

but there has to be a limit, especially for new sellers (baby sellers)

Don't sell babies! I'm sure it's against some or other policy!

Jokes apart, your question is like the famous "How long is a piece of string?" one, or let's reword it to "Is a piece of string long enough?" for a better match. Too imprecise, and there are too many factors that play a role to give an answer other than "competition is low enough for you if you can manage to get enough orders despite the competition." Focus on the really important things, like offering something you're good at, ideally better than the competition. 

• Like 13
  • Up 5

How much competition is low competition

@nnazir, I don't think this question is relevant to what you are trying to do. I've seen new sellers do well in highly competitive categories with 260k+ results in search because they know how to make their gigs appeal to their target customers. Both @jonbaas and @miiila provided great advice for you here:

1 hour ago, jonbaas said:

Learn to overcome it and appeal to your target customers.

14 minutes ago, miiila said:

Focus on the really important things, like offering something you're good at, ideally better than the competition. 

You state this in your gig description:

Your Facebook ads have 3 sec to grab one's attention. You need an ad copy that glues the readers.

I'm here to provide engaging & high-converting FB ad copy that will drive results for your business and result in more sales.

This can also be applied to your gig: focus on improving your gig card and gig thumbnail image because your buyers only have a few seconds to decide if they will click on your gig or not. And write engaging and high-converting copy on your profile and gigs that will result in more sales for you.

If you can do that for yourself, you can also do that for your customers.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4