No sales at all, Maybe (COVID-19) is the reason? :(

wpfalcon

Great question!

Things have definitely slowed down in comparison to the last few months and I can only assume it is because of the on-going global pandemic. Try not to stress too much and in the meantime, use this as an opportunity to strengthen and refine your existing brand/image on Fiverr or use it to build a brand new gig altogether.

There is always an opportunity to thrive during times like this but the challenge now is that you need to be extra creative and strategic about your branding, services, customer experience, etc. This is what’s going to set you apart from your competition when the volume of orders is at a low point.

A few key areas that I would personally focus on, if you haven’t already would be: Creating unique and engaging gig images or videos, writing clear and concise gig descriptions, and improving/adding to your existing skillset.

I hope this helps someone!

Best of luck to everyone and remember to be safe,

Steve

• Like 10

Great question!

Things have definitely slowed down in comparison to the last few months and I can only assume it is because of the on-going global pandemic. Try not to stress too much and in the meantime, use this as an opportunity to strengthen and refine your existing brand/image on Fiverr or use it to build a brand new gig altogether.

There is always an opportunity to thrive during times like this but the challenge now is that you need to be extra creative and strategic about your branding, services, customer experience, etc. This is what’s going to set you apart from your competition when the volume of orders is at a low point.

A few key areas that I would personally focus on, if you haven’t already would be: Creating unique and engaging gig images or videos, writing clear and concise gig descriptions, and improving/adding to your existing skillset.

I hope this helps someone!

Best of luck to everyone and remember to be safe,

Steve

Your suggestions are really helpful. Actually from last 4-5 days, I’m receiving so many messages & orders so I’m sure that something worked for me and I also did my best. But yes this (Topic) is already viewed by 1.6k users right now & many sellers are posting the exact same thing: No orders, No messages, No buyers. So your suggestions will work for them for sure.

Unique gig is important, Attractive & engaging images & videos are necessary & yes good gig descriptions can help your buyers. You’re right, You can improve your skill every single day 🙂

Steve, Thank you for being so straightforward and honest here. Your suggestions are valuable. 😇

Stay-Home-Stay-Safe.thumb.jpg.585d1b16b479b9494d7135aa5920c8c5.jpg
Stay-Home-Stay-Safe800×800 51.1 KB
  • Like 7

Your suggestions are really helpful. Actually from last 4-5 days, I’m receiving so many messages & orders so I’m sure that something worked for me and I also did my best. But yes this (Topic) is already viewed by 1.6k users right now & many sellers are posting the exact same thing: No orders, No messages, No buyers. So your suggestions will work for them for sure.

Unique gig is important, Attractive & engaging images & videos are necessary & yes good gig descriptions can help your buyers. You’re right, You can improve your skill every single day 🙂

Steve, Thank you for being so straightforward and honest here. Your suggestions are valuable. 😇

But yes this (Topic) is already viewed by 1.6k users right now

That is incorrect. This topic has been VIEWED 1.6k times. That’s total views, not users. Most of those views are likely from the same people 50 who have posted something in this topic, and participated since you started it on March 14.

As I have noted before, I applaud your desire to help people, however, this topic is not as popular and wide-reaching as you think. You have an ambitious plan, and some people have chosen to share their thoughts – as you have requested, but you have a LONG way to go, and a major uphill climb in order to reach the level and support you wish to be at.

• Like 11

It’s my pleasure! I am so happy to hear that you found my suggestions to be helpful.

Thank you very much for the kind words and I wish you the very best as you progress through your exciting journey on the Fiverr platform.

Best wishes!

• Like 6

But yes this (Topic) is already viewed by 1.6k users right now

That is incorrect. This topic has been VIEWED 1.6k times. That’s total views, not users. Most of those views are likely from the same people 50 who have posted something in this topic, and participated since you started it on March 14.

As I have noted before, I applaud your desire to help people, however, this topic is not as popular and wide-reaching as you think. You have an ambitious plan, and some people have chosen to share their thoughts – as you have requested, but you have a LONG way to go, and a major uphill climb in order to reach the level and support you wish to be at.

Lol, Yeah maybe you’re right. But yes 1.7k views for a (Topic) started by a normal seller is pretty amazing. I’m not a Fiverr Staff member or any big name. I’m just a normal freelancer like you 🙂

I think many sellers misinterpret my words every single time, I never started this topic to show off my reach. Once again, Thank you so much 🙃

• Like 6

Lol, Yeah maybe you’re right. But yes 1.7k views for a (Topic) started by a normal seller is pretty amazing. I’m not a Fiverr Staff member or any big name. I’m just a normal freelancer like you 🙂

I think many sellers misinterpret my words every single time, I never started this topic to show off my reach. Once again, Thank you so much 🙃

yes 1.7k views for a (Topic) started by a normal seller is pretty amazing

We are all “normal sellers”. And, for the record I’ve seen, started, and participated in forum topics that have gone well beyond 1.7k views. It isn’t as unusual or amazing as you may think. But I am glad you find it impressive.

I think many sellers misinterpret my words every single time

I don’t know. Most of the replies, insight, and advice that has been offered to you here, seem practical and realistic to me. The users that have replied don’t seem to be misinterpreting your words as far as I can see. They shared a great deal of wisdom, a large part of which you still seem to be downplaying.

• Like 9

yes 1.7k views for a (Topic) started by a normal seller is pretty amazing

We are all “normal sellers”. And, for the record I’ve seen, started, and participated in forum topics that have gone well beyond 1.7k views. It isn’t as unusual or amazing as you may think. But I am glad you find it impressive.

I think many sellers misinterpret my words every single time

I don’t know. Most of the replies, insight, and advice that has been offered to you here, seem practical and realistic to me. The users that have replied don’t seem to be misinterpreting your words as far as I can see. They shared a great deal of wisdom, a large part of which you still seem to be downplaying.

Haha, I’m not complaining & I know you guys are giving me some really good advices & suggestions. I really appreciate it. And please make sure that I truly respect every single seller or member here.

🙂

• Like 6

My prices work fine for me. Especially considering the amount of work each of the designs take. Doing tons of work for peanuts is not something I’m looking for.

The issue, I think, is more about what is being sold. I might have to rethink the kind of services I provide or expand.

According to multiple experts, the current situation is only at its beginning stages. I don’t feel overly optimistic but we’ll see about that.

This is actually the best response I had seen so far…

1. Rethink in your niche…
  2. Search for services that are being sold this period…
  3. Learn them and offer them…

This is what I had been doing and since the LOCKDOWN begin I was fortunate to make my first order with this idea this yesterday…

• Like 6

I read all of this and it makes me sad… 😦

I just recently started to get noticed and got my first order, but it sounds to me that it will be a while before I start getting more orders. 😞 I have noticed lower stats (even though my stats weren’t too impressive to begin with, but still).

Don’t be sad, all is going work well

• Like 6

You’re right, We need back up plans. Fiverr is my only source of income right now & orders are not coming from last 20 days. I don’t know what is wrong with my gigs or profile. I’m not a new seller & I’ve joined Fiverr in September 2014 so I’m a seller with more than 6 years of experience.

I’m a hardworking person & I’m making some minor changes on my gigs every single week. But still, No one is responding right now. I don’t think Fiverr is showing up my gigs anywhere at all. I’ve contacted them twice & every time they reply with this exact same message "Fiverr does not guarantee sales. We provide a marketplace for you to advertise your Gigs, and it is up to you to make them appealing, and promote them outside of Fiverr "

I’m shocked, They’re losing revenues right now. I’m sure Fiverr knows it very well that they’re in loss. But still they act like nothing is happening 😦

But don’t worry, I still love this marketplace & I still love Fiverr & their amazing team 🙂

This is the back up plan I can give…

Can you teach people that skills you offer?

If you can;

1. Find a way to get a PDF guideline on it.
  2. Organize a free class on basic about your skills and sell your PDF there…

If you can’t teach people your skill, Learn how to teach and do same thing…

I’m doing this and it is helping me as a Nigerian

• Like 6

Hey, I think you are not the only one suffering through a slump in sales, many of us are falling in no. Of view, click impressions drastically.

I just got 2 orders in the month of March where I was getting 6-7 orders averagely per month.

Every business is taking a hit by this covid-19 pandemic and freelancing is also suffering.

I want to ask everyone here a question:-

Should we do extensive promotion outside Fiverr to increase our impressions or we should just wait for all of this to get over ?

Anyways, everyone stay safe and stay home. 🙌

Extensive promotion is a normal advice Fiverr gives and should not be an option…

So do it and you can run a paid ad for your gig if you can at least investing $5 in ads can get you sales… I have someone who does that and it helps…

• Like 7

If you can;

I’m doing this and it is helping me as a Nigerian

If you can;

You know, that’s not a bad idea. :thinking:

• Like 9

Take a course (Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller) is a good one & it’s available for free on Fiverr. Go to (Learn from Fiverr) & complete it. It’s a really useful &

informative course.

Everything will be normal soon so don’t worry 🙂

Thank you. I just completed one course after saw your post.

• Like 6

Hey @wpfalcon,

That’s a funny one you played on Fiverr customer support.😀

Anyways, even though I believe the Covid-19 posed a serious challenge to the US economy, I still believe their system is quite insulated to a reasonable extent. Most still use ■■■■■, teams, and the likes to further their engagements, hence their need for Fiverr digital services.👌

You may want to follow the advice of the Customer support, and perhaps, take a few tests to boost your competence in the face of customers.

I wish you all the best✌
@atobateleolanre

• Like 9

I thought I was the only one experiencing this… I had been hoping to have just one more order for me to open my buyers request as I’m seeing more requests…

Just hoping this pandemic ends soon & we come back to our businesses - hopefully

• Like 6

Yes, I’ve seen a huge decline in messages. I used to get flooded with messages every day. It got to the point where I would have to pause my profile to stop them all. Now I have an active profile and no messages at all. Maybe the stimulus checks in the USA will help turn things around for a short while.

• Like 8

Hey @wpfalcon,

That’s a funny one you played on Fiverr customer support.😀

Anyways, even though I believe the Covid-19 posed a serious challenge to the US economy, I still believe their system is quite insulated to a reasonable extent. Most still use ■■■■■, teams, and the likes to further their engagements, hence their need for Fiverr digital services.👌

You may want to follow the advice of the Customer support, and perhaps, take a few tests to boost your competence in the face of customers.

I wish you all the best✌

@atobateleolanre

Thanks, I think my bad days are over now. I’m getting orders & 3-4 messages every single day 🙂

• Like 6

I thought I was the only one experiencing this… I had been hoping to have just one more order for me to open my buyers request as I’m seeing more requests…

Just hoping this pandemic ends soon & we come back to our businesses - hopefully

No no, You’re not the only one :roll_eyes:

God please end this Coronavirus pandemic 🙏

• Like 6

Yes, I’ve seen a huge decline in messages. I used to get flooded with messages every day. It got to the point where I would have to pause my profile to stop them all. Now I have an active profile and no messages at all. Maybe the stimulus checks in the USA will help turn things around for a short while.

Yeah (COVID-19) is the reason. But don’t worry, Everything will be normal soon 🙂

• Like 2

• wp_kid unfeatured this topic