No sales at all, Maybe (COVID-19) is the reason? :(

wpfalcon

Do you think this is also a bad advice??

Where did I say that all your suggestions were bad? I’m talking specifically about you advising people to do things that will potentially get them in big trouble (sending unsolicited messages to buyers) and I think you understand that.

Please don’t tell me what to do. 🙂

Please don’t tell me what to do. 🙂

han-solo-who-me.jpg.0144acb2ad0f5e38f2a270d7ed34f6c4.jpg
han-solo-who-me620×538 49.7 KB

Ok 😅

• Like 4

How’s your donation website coming along?

I’m still working on that site, If you have a URL then you can visit it but I can show some screenshots here. Actually many forum members & Fiverr staff members appreciated me but they also told me this: Don’t share any link here or anywhere on Fiverr.

Actually I respect them & that’s why I decided to stay quite until it’s done. Yes my (2 day launch) idea was bad because my friends told me that we can’t publish this huge site in just next few days. Yes, I decided to launch that campaign in next 15 days. Where me & you will help (NON-US Freelancers) in need.

I will advertise it on Google ads, Facebook & other social media channels. I don’t have enough budget right now but I can assure you that we will start this (Relief fund) even without any enough resources.

In next few months NON-US freelancer can create an account & start their own Unions. I will start my own Forum for freelancers & a Huge NON-US Freelancers Union website. 100 & 100 of pages, Forum, Support, Blog, Donate now & other things included.

What Fiverr team told me:

Greetings, you do not need to promote your site and post URL everywhere. talk about it, increase awareness of it and the need for such union. Anyone can build the website, but the whole point is not the traffic or number of members on the site but the act, will and sacrifice for other colleagues. Don’t ask to post the link but to start a topic and discussion to hear other freelancers, what they need the most, how do they feel and what each of you can contribute.

screenshot-www.wpfalcon.com-2020_04.05-03_13_05.thumb.jpg.a94bc7888713e35402e408a015091902.jpg
screenshot-www.wpfalcon.com-2020.04.05-03_13_051893×902 284 KB

screenshot-www.wpfalcon.com-2020_04.05-03_44_07.thumb.jpg.b3903a3e152d1264c1774f4fe27b69b7.jpg
screenshot-www.wpfalcon.com-2020.04.05-03_44_071893×902 325 KB
  • Like 9

😦 don’t have any job…

Take a course (Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller) is a good one & it’s available for free on Fiverr. Go to (Learn from Fiverr) & complete it. It’s a really useful &

informative course.

Everything will be normal soon so don’t worry 🙂

• Like 6

I’m still working on that site, If you have a URL then you can visit it but I can show some screenshots here. Actually many forum members & Fiverr staff members appreciated me but they also told me this: Don’t share any link here or anywhere on Fiverr.

Actually I respect them & that’s why I decided to stay quite until it’s done. Yes my (2 day launch) idea was bad because my friends told me that we can’t publish this huge site in just next few days. Yes, I decided to launch that campaign in next 15 days. Where me & you will help (NON-US Freelancers) in need.

I will advertise it on Google ads, Facebook & other social media channels. I don’t have enough budget right now but I can assure you that we will start this (Relief fund) even without any enough resources.

In next few months NON-US freelancer can create an account & start their own Unions. I will start my own Forum for freelancers & a Huge NON-US Freelancers Union website. 100 & 100 of pages, Forum, Support, Blog, Donate now & other things included.

Greetings, you do not need to promote your site and post URL everywhere. talk about it, increase awareness of it and the need for such union. Anyone can build the website, but the whole point is not the traffic or number of members on the site but the act, will and sacrifice for other colleagues. Don’t ask to post the link but to start a topic and discussion to hear other freelancers, what they need the most, how do they feel and what each of you can contribute.

You may consider gaining the backing from reputable news networks/other organizations to make yourself seem more legitimate. I know that I’m not giving money or donations to just any site, no matter how polished it looks or how good the cause.

• Like 16

You may consider gaining the backing from reputable news networks/other organizations to make yourself seem more legitimate. I know that I’m not giving money or donations to just any site, no matter how polished it looks or how good the cause.

We will gain popularity in next few years. Great things take time, Maybe one day (graphtersawyer) will donate on that site. Maybe one day she will talk about it.

That’s what my goal is right now. Mark my words, You will be impressed for sure 🙂

• Like 4

will start my own Forum for freelancers & a Huge NON-US Freelancers Union website

I still didn’t understand how you will redistribute money to the ones who need it and how you will choose people who need more of your financial support? How would that part work? Can you please explain to me, I’m very curious?

• Like 11

We will gain popularity in next few years. Great things take time, Maybe one day (graphtersawyer) will donate on that site. Maybe one day she will talk about it.

That’s what my goal is right now. Mark my words, You will be impressed for sure 🙂

When I was speaking about “any site,” I wasn’t referring to yours, though it seems you got that impression; many organizations have popped up and touted some sort of goodwill either towards helping people whose livelihoods that have been affected or donating PPE to hospitals; many of them, though, are shady on the grounds that they have no one backing them. They have no way to grow if they can’t prove people should trust them with a donation.

I’m saying that you can help gain popularity by garnering the support or at least a mention from reputable places. That is a major aspect of how one gains popularity, after all

• Like 11

will start my own Forum for freelancers & a Huge NON-US Freelancers Union website

I still didn’t understand how you will redistribute money to the ones who need it and how you will choose people who need more of your financial support? How would that part work? Can you please explain to me, I’m very curious?

First of all, I will not distribute it. The community & the users will select that person. Top donaters, Top Community Members will select them. The Union for NON-US Freelancers will decide everything 🙂 (I’m thinking about a official Page on Facebook for Union for NON-US Freelancers)

Suppose: If you’re a NON-US Freelancer who wants some financial help then you will go the website & fill some kind of form where you will provide all the details, reason etc…

Then we will start a poll, Review the authenticity of that Freelancer & other important things. Top 50+ or even Top 100 freelancers will be selected.

Then the fund will be distributed directly to the (NON-US) Freelancer in need 🙂

I mean the process is not that easy. I only want to help the needy freelancers not the greedy ones 🙂

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 🙂

• Like 7

First of all, I will not distribute it. The community & the users will select that person. Top donaters, Top Community Members will select them. The Union for NON-US Freelancers will decide everything 🙂 (I’m thinking about a official Page on Facebook for Union for NON-US Freelancers)

Suppose: If you’re a NON-US Freelancer who wants some financial help then you will go the website & fill some kind of form where you will provide all the details, reason etc…

Then we will start a poll, Review the authenticity of that Freelancer & other important things. Top 50+ or even Top 100 freelancers will be selected.

I mean the process is not that easy. I only want to help the needy freelancers not the greedy ones 🙂

First of all, I will not distribute it. The community & the users will select that person. Top donaters, Top Community Members will select them. The Union for NON-US Freelancers will decide everything 🙂

And how are you going to stop people from manipulating the public polling in their favor via multiple voting accounts, friends signing up just to manipulate who gets funding, etc? Your idea sounds noble, but your execution sounds highly unstable.

• Like 21

If you’re a NON-US Freelancer who wants some financial help then you will go the website & fill some kind of form where you will provide all the details, reason etc…

You really need to think on your execution. You are missing a lot of points. Let’s start with the Non-US. Which counties will that be? Do you realise that NON-US also includes Russia, China, South American countries, Australia and all European countries?

Secondly to operate like that you will need to register yourself with a government under a certain licence. Are you working on registering yourself as a charity? Otherwise your website will be nothing but a scam (even if you don’t think so). You can not register yourself as a sole trader otherwise you will have to pay tax on every donation you get as on normal income. If you are not planning to register yourself then again it will be illegal. + all the points that @jonbaas added.

It might be noble what you are thinking to do but it looks like you are not even realising what work will stand behind that and what will be the process of registering and running it.

Website is actually only a tool. You thought of how to make a tool but you didn’t think of how to build a “house”. E.g you need to build a house and instead of hiring an architect and designer and create plans of how your house will look like and workers to build it, you instead of that hired people to create a hammer 🔨 because you think the hammer is what will build you a house.

You are missing a big research and planning part.

• Like 15

When I was speaking about “any site,” I wasn’t referring to yours, though it seems you got that impression; many organizations have popped up and touted some sort of goodwill either towards helping people whose livelihoods that have been affected or donating PPE to hospitals; many of them, though, are shady on the grounds that they have no one backing them. They have no way to grow if they can’t prove people should trust them with a donation.

I’m saying that you can help gain popularity by garnering the support or at least a mention from reputable places. That is a major aspect of how one gains popularity, after all

Yeah I know & thanks for the suggestion. Actually I’m that kind of person who don’t even trust such non-profitable or charity organizations. 😆

Then why I decided to make such Union for NON-US Freelancers?

Because we don’t have it, We don’t have any security in case of emergencies like (COVID-19) situation right now. Our government is helping businesses, labours, companies but they don’t have any plans for Independent workers.

We’re nothing to them?? You know what In “India” banks don’t give loans to the Freelancers easily. If you have a salary account then the process is easy but for freelancers it’s pretty tough.

If you’re a Full time freelancer like me then don’t expect anything from government, banks & even the society.

Usually I trust only Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund in my country. 😅

• Like 3

Yeah I know & thanks for the suggestion. Actually I’m that kind of person who don’t even trust such non-profitable or charity organizations. 😆

Then why I decided to make such Union for NON-US Freelancers?

Because we don’t have it, We don’t have any security in case of emergencies like (COVID-19) situation right now. Our government is helping businesses, labours, companies but they don’t have any plans for Independent workers.

We’re nothing to them?? You know what In “India” banks don’t give loans to the Freelancers easily. If you have a salary account then the process is easy but for freelancers it’s pretty tough.

If you’re a Full time freelancer like me then don’t expect anything from government, banks & even the society.

Usually I trust only Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund in my country. 😅

I’m that kind of person who don’t even trust such non-profitable or charity organizations. 😆

In all honesty, what credentials do you have to offer that would make people trust YOU to be the organizer for this “freelance union”? How do people who might be interested, know that you aren’t doing this for personal gain, or that there really are funds to be provided? Who are your big-name backers and financial supporters? What security and oversight do you have in mind? What kind of reputation are you building this upon? Have you procured legal standing? Do you have the paperwork that gives your “union” legitimacy? Are you registered in all of the countries you wish to operate?..

If you don’t trust charities, why should someone trust YOU to be a charity and purveyor of funds? (I’m asking, not accusing)

We don’t have any security in case of emergencies like (COVID-19) situation right now. Our government is helping businesses, labours, companies but they don’t have any plans for Independent workers.

This is the very nature of anyone choosing to be an independent worker. Independence from any corporate banner, and a self-minded approach to offering services is, by nature, supposed to be a risk freelancers take. Smart freelancers plan for tough times. They don’t put all their eggs in one basket. Freelancers are not unionized, or a cooperative venture. Freelancers take on the responsibility to be their own business – to grow their dreams, and become what they want to become. To be successful, means to take on the risk of failure as well. Without the risk of failure, there can be no success.

I admire those who truly wish to help freelancers, but I just don’t think you’re going about it in a reasonable, strategic or cooperative way. A union begins as a group of like-minded tradesmen, it isn’t one person trying to collect money for dubious distribution. I just don’t feel as though you are thinking this all the way through. You have a grand – and noble idea – but no practical execution.

• Like 15

If you’re a NON-US Freelancer who wants some financial help then you will go the website & fill some kind of form where you will provide all the details, reason etc…

You really need to think on your execution. You are missing a lot of points. Let’s start with the Non-US. Which counties will that be? Do you realise that NON-US also includes Russia, China, South American countries, Australia and all European countries?

Secondly to operate like that you will need to register yourself with a government under a certain licence. Are you working on registering yourself as a charity? Otherwise your website will be nothing but a scam (even if you don’t think so). You can not register yourself as a sole trader otherwise you will have to pay tax on every donation you get as on normal income. If you are not planning to register yourself then again it will be illegal. + all the points that @jonbaas added.

It might be noble what you are thinking to do but it looks like you are not even realising what work will stand behind that and what will be the process of registering and running it.

Website is actually only a tool. You thought of how to make a tool but you didn’t think of how to build a “house”. E.g you need to build a house and instead of hiring an architect and designer and create plans of how your house will look like and workers to build it, you instead of that hired people to create a hammer 🔨 because you think the hammer is what will build you a house.

You are missing a big research and planning part.

Currently I’m focusing on Asian countries & maybe someday Europeans. I’m not starting a charity organization & please note that I’m talking about a Union here for Non-US Freelancers.

The Relief fund campaign or Donation page is just a small part of that Union or their website.

Why I decided to build a UNION & a website for NON-US Freelancers?

So they can get all the information & they can ask for help in case of emergencies. I’ll try my best to be 100% legal & I have so many friends who can help me for sure so don’t worry. (Atleast in my country)

I’m running a sole proprietorship business right now in my country & If I needed any kind of registration or licence for a (UNION) then I will register that organization for sure 🙂

I’m doing research every single day & yes I’m thinking big right now 🙂

• Like 8

Currently I’m focusing on Asian countries & maybe someday Europeans. I’m not starting a charity organization & please note that I’m talking about a Union here for Non-US Freelancers.

The Relief fund campaign or Donation page is just a small part of that Union or their website.

So they can get all the information & they can ask for help in case of emergencies. I’ll try my best to be 100% legal & I have so many friends who can help me for sure so don’t worry. (Atleast in my country)

I’m running a sole proprietorship business right now in my country & If I needed any kind of registration or licence for a (UNION) then I will register that organization for sure 🙂

I’m doing research every single day & yes I’m thinking big right now 🙂

Look, you already said that. That’s not what I asked you.

I’m not starting a charity organization

The it will be ILLIGAL for you to gather money and “redistribute” them. ILLIGAL. If you wouldn’t register yourself as charity it will be ILLIGAL for you to do what you are planning.

I’m talking about a Union

As a “union” you are not allowed to ask for money and donate them to someone else.

I guess you are not realising but there is a strict regulations around the world around the activity you are planning including your country.

WITHOUT REGISTERING YOURSELF UNDER CERTAIN LICENCE YOU WILL BE COMMITTING FRAUD. (you seem to ignore what we are saying so I’ll repeat: i even if you don’t think it’s fraud it will be considered fraud legally)

And I am not trying to discourage you, I am showing how many loopholes you have. That you didn’t even think through about the details. You don’t even want to register yourself. If you wish to continue and believe in it you will HAVE TO take all those steps that we explained to you (and I’m sure we are still missing quite a few important points because legally it’s not a fast and easy process)

• Like 16

Look, you already said that. That’s not what I asked you.

I’m not starting a charity organization

The it will be ILLIGAL for you to gather money and “redistribute” them. ILLIGAL. If you wouldn’t register yourself as charity it will be ILLIGAL for you to do what you are planning.

I’m talking about a Union

As a “union” you are not allowed to ask for money and donate them to someone else.

I guess you are not realising but there is a strict regulations around the world around the activity you are planning including your country.

WITHOUT REGISTERING YOURSELF UNDER CERTAIN LICENCE YOU WILL BE COMMITTING FRAUD. (you seem to ignore what we are saying so I’ll repeat: i even if you don’t think it’s fraud it will be considered fraud legally)

And I am not trying to discourage you, I am showing how many loopholes you have. That you didn’t even think through about the details. You don’t even want to register yourself. If you wish to continue and believe in it you will HAVE TO take all those steps that we explained to you (and I’m sure we are still missing quite a few important points because legally it’s not a fast and easy process)

I’m just planning it & currently I’m not asking for money anywhere. Yes, Not even on the website. I will register that organization for sure. I want to be 100% legal. That’s why I even planned it.

Yes, I want suggestions & questions from you guys so don’t worry 🙂

No no, You’re not discouraging me, I think your suggestions are good & I really want this UNION for NON-US Freelancers 🙂

Even if it take years to build 🙃

• Like 9

First of all, I will not distribute it. The community & the users will select that person. Top donaters, Top Community Members will select them. The Union for NON-US Freelancers will decide everything 🙂

And how are you going to stop people from manipulating the public polling in their favor via multiple voting accounts, friends signing up just to manipulate who gets funding, etc? Your idea sounds noble, but your execution sounds highly unstable.

Good point. Actually they can easily manipulate the public polling. But don’t worry, I will setup some necessary tools on that site so no can use multiple voting accounts & friends accounts.

Once again, Thank you so much. Yeah I know it’s sounds highly unstable right now 🙂

• Like 5

Do not get me wrong but this calls for big disaster if you do not properly plan what you are going to do.

It seems to me that you actually build up your plan here in this forum listening to what everybody says. 🙃

Just and idea, did you consider to hire professionals to set up such business? This may bring also initial trust level at least.

I am just worried that you want to play a game that may get out of your control soon.

Here’s a recent story from my country.

Our government wanted to spend $15 Mio for e-shop with freeways vignettes.
Web developers community said this amount is ridiculous and offered to make it for 10% of that money.
So they collected 40 specialists to develop and build up the site during weekend hackaton.
This group was so eager to show that they can do it in short time for friction of that money and finally they almost did it.

I say almost because just a few hours later after website was live, the site was broken with loss of personal data, cc data and more. Those were professionals but lack of time and proper planning meant failing.

Just be very careful when you think that you have solution for this and that. Are you really sure about it?

Anyway, good luck!

• Like 8

Do not get me wrong but this calls for big disaster if you do not properly plan what you are going to do.

It seems to me that you actually build up your plan here in this forum listening to what everybody says. 🙃

Just and idea, did you consider to hire professionals to set up such business? This may bring also initial trust level at least.

I am just worried that you want to play a game that may get out of your control soon.

Here’s a recent story from my country.

Our government wanted to spend $15 Mio for e-shop with freeways vignettes.

Web developers community said this amount is ridiculous and offered to make it for 10% of that money.

So they collected 40 specialists to develop and build up the site during weekend hackaton.

This group was so eager to show that they can do it in short time for friction of that money and finally they almost did it.

I say almost because just a few hours later after website was live, the site was broken with loss of personal data, cc data and more. Those were professionals but lack of time and proper planning meant failing.

Just be very careful when you think that you have solution for this and that. Are you really sure about it?

Anyway, good luck!

I’m planning this for months now. Yes when (COVID-19) pandemic was not even started. I’m just asking & looking for suggestions here.

Yes I have a small team & I’m also in contact with many professionals. I even sent many e-mails to different organizations who are working for Independent workers or Freelancers. I want their suggestions, advice & ideas. I’m just a normal person like you so yes I will face many challenges for sure.

Note: Freelancers Union is also started with just few members and goals to change something in the world of freelancing.

Some FAQs: (Let’s talk Legal)

So you will register this (Organization) as a Trade Union?

Maybe. Right now I’m just checking every single aspect because even the official (Freelancers Union) is not affiliated with the AFL-CIO or any other organization that represents workers and negotiates on behalf of their members (workers). So they’re just a non-profit organization.

So you will register this as a Non-profit organization?

In my country, you can register a (Non-profit organization or NGO/NPO) in three ways. Trust Registration, Society Registration, Section 8 Company Registration (Earlier known as Section 25 Company)

The type of registration you will need depends on the purpose you want to achieve.

Please note that Society and Trust registration is different from business registration. This is because societies, trusts, and NGOS have charitable objectives. On the other hand, a business works only for profit. Therefore, separate laws govern Society and Trust registration. The only exception is a Section 8 company which is governed by the Companies Act, 2013. These entities receive some special tax exemptions and benefits. These benefits are not available to commercial business setups.

Do you have any business plan?

Yes I have a plan so I can achieve my goals. I’m doing my research right now so I can start this (UNION or Organization) so please make sure that If I start this UNION or NGO/NPO someday then I do have a business plan for it.

Do you have any legal team?

Yes I have a legal team so if I needed any kind of registration then I will contact them for sure. I will pay some huge amount for the registration. Also in case of emergencies the legal representative will help me.

Why Should I Trust You?

I’m just a normal freelancer like you. Recently I started this topic when my sales were dropped dramatically. Everything is normal now, But from that day I decided to do something for my community. Yes, Not just planning or thinking but to execute it properly. I don’t want to waste my time on such questions where people were asking me If I’m doing this for any personal gain. I want to help this community & the Freelancers. Specially the NON-US Freelancers. That’s why I’m planning it & I will execute it for sure.

Maybe not today, Next week or Next month but in next few years. So literally no one can stop me right now. I still remember a reply where someone told me that legal things take time so yeah I will wait until it’s done. I want an organization for (NON-US Freelancers) so I’ll try my best to be 100% legal. Otherwise I will not start this anytime soon.

Why you’re wasting your precious time on such Organization?

I just want to help this community, That’s all I want. Maybe someday we have a Union for NON-US Freelancers & I’m sure everyone wants it so we can help each other 🙂

What about funding?

Right now I will spend my own money because I want to start a small organization but yes when our (Organization) will get popular then we will find our supporters. Right now the official (Freelancers Union) has received grants and other support from leading foundations such as the Ford Foundation, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, J.P. Morgan Chase Foundation, New York Community Trust, United Hospital Fund, Rockefeller Family Fund, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, New York State Health Foundation, The Prudential Foundation, Partnership Fund for New York City, Ira W. De Camp Foundation and others.

Some posts & pages I liked:

Trade Unions for Freelancers: Is It Even Possible?

screenshot-1.thumb.png.6c3200fc33ab1174055bc9feadd2b184.png
screenshot-11877×3285 823 KB

Freelancers Union

454452480_screenshot-2(3).thumb.png.1624d3fd5864989eef14c8163cd487b9.png
screenshot-2 (3)1893×902 349 KB

Criticism

screenshot-3.thumb.png.1bb1905604cf3f79cc145a9011a69c29.png
screenshot-31697×394 94.4 KB

Thanks once again, I think I provided every single information now, I am open for suggestions. 🙂

THINK BIG. START SMALL 🙃 🙃

• Like 11

Take a course (Online Freelancing Essentials: be a successful Fiverr seller) is a good one & it’s available for free on Fiverr. Go to (Learn from Fiverr) & complete it. It’s a really useful &

informative course.

Everything will be normal soon so don’t worry 🙂

Would i get any buyer after the cours?

• Like 6

• wp_kid unfeatured this topic