I have a high quality profile but I still can't get my first sale

n_david

Hi there.

I created Fiverr days ago (n_david) to earn some money and make use of my experience in photo editing, logo design and more. I made high quality gigs, i.e. Catchy title, very low prices, well edited pictures & video for the gigs (I uploaded one of them to demonstrate my point). I promoted myself in some servers. I REALLY tried buyer requests, I made +10 offers, and no one has accepted anything.

Basically I tried every free method I could find and I still can’t get my first sale to demonstrate my skills and hopefully get a 5 star review.

Any advices?

204184924_imagejobsgigintro.thumb.jpg.93d9482fc346d049c2a82ef98abdaeaa.jpg
image jobs gig intro2020×1347 2.44 MB

Oh boy, I don’t know where to start. Why do you think your profile (fiverr profile) is high quality? I mean no offense, you are only few days here. Did you check your competition? Some advices:

• you have only few samples in your profile, if I am not mistaking. That doesn’t incite confidence. You need to add more samples.
  • extremely low prices can be counter productive
  • you have one gig video with no sound
  • you are mixing two professions (or maybe three): animation, translation, graphic design. Which one is your profession? You need to chose one (or two that are close)

But above all, start by reading the forum tips for sellers. You will find a lot of advices there.

Oh boy, I don’t know where to start. Why do you think your profile (fiverr profile) is high quality? I mean no offense, you are only few days here. Did you check your competition? Some advices:

• you have only few samples in your profile, if I am not mistaking. That doesn’t incite confidence. You need to add more samples.
  • you are mixing two professions (or maybe three): animation, translation, graphic design. Which one is your profession? You need to chose one (or two that are close)

But above all, start by reading the forum tips for sellers. You will find a lot of advices there.

Thanks for the advice

I based the high quality factor on my ability to get things done and having experience in these areas, not on the competition, which might be a bad thing for this business yes, but in my opinion what matters is that you make a good job, not a better one than the others. Again, this is probably a bad thing for business, it is just my opinion.

I don’t think the prices are extremely low, just a bit low, which I plan to gradually increase once I get a few sales and good ratings.

Doing the gig video with no sound has a purpose, I don’t do sound work. Just animation.

And for your last advice, yes probably I shouldn’t mixed translation and editing but they are two things I’m good at and I want to do both, I didn’t knew if I should do them in two separate accounts, but from what you just said, that was the right thing to do.

Again, thanks for the advices 😀

I based the high quality factor on my ability to get things done and having experience in these areas, not on the competition, which might be a bad thing for this business yes, but in my opinion what matters is that you make a good job, not a better one than the others. Again, this is probably a bad thing for business, it is just my opinion.

I don’t think the prices are extremely low, just a bit low, which I plan to gradually increase once I get a few sales and good ratings.

Doing the gig video with no sound has a purpose, I don’t do sound work. Just animation.

And for your last advice, yes probably I shouldn’t mixed translation and editing but they are two things I’m good at and I want to do both, I didn’t knew if I should do them in two separate accounts, but from what you just said, that was the right thing to do.

Again, thanks for the advices 😀

I didn’t knew if I should do them in two separate accounts,

Having more than one account is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to read the Terms of Service for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

I didn’t knew if I should do them in two separate accounts,

Having more than one account is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Make sure to read the Terms of Service for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

Thanks, I will re-read them. So I shall keep all the gigs in this account. Thanks

Archived