Why Fiverr Spokesperson won't do gig video?

sssanchit

Hi there,

Recently a Fiverr seller denied to make a gig video for me so I did good research on this and found many posts on the Fiverr forum. Mostly, people were saying that Fiverr won’t approve a video of another person as it’s against policies. Only a video of the seller is approved but I can’t find the policy page of it. Can someone share the URL of it?

There are many of my competitors that are using videos of other persons like here - https://************do-entire-off-page-and-on-page-seo-optimization

All the gigs from this seller are having video from this spokesperson - https://************/be-your-office-background-spokesperson-in-24-hours

Is it a policy violation?

I also found this thread - Can I hire Fiverr spokespersons to make video promote my gigs?

And confused now if it is allowed or not and what should I do? How can I convince a spokesperson to make video for me?

Mod Note: Gig links removed.

First, if a seller doesn’t want to work with you, go to a different one. As a buyer, your job is to find someone who (1) wants to work with you and (2) can do what you’re asking. You can’t force someone to work with you, and you shouldn’t waste your time trying to convince someone to take on your project if they’ve already declined.

In line with your second question, you shouldn’t hire a real person to do your gig video because that would falsely represent who you are to buyers. If I hired a male spokesperson to do my video, buyers would assume that the man in the video is me, and that is fraudulent. Even if the person has the same physical features as you, their doing your gig video is your letting them represent you, which is a misrepresentation of who you are. Only you should be the spokesperson in your gig videos.

See Fiverr TOS below:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

First, if a seller doesn’t want to work with you, go to a different one. As a buyer, your job is to find someone who (1) wants to work with you and (2) can do what you’re asking. You can’t force someone to work with you, and you shouldn’t waste your time trying to convince someone to take on your project if they’ve already declined.

In line with your second question, you shouldn’t hire a real person to do your gig video because that would falsely represent who you are to buyers. If I hired a male spokesperson to do my video, buyers would assume that the man in the video is me, and that is fraudulent. Even if the person has the same physical features as you, their doing your gig video is your letting them represent you, which is a misrepresentation of who you are. Only you should be the spokesperson in your gig videos.

See Fiverr TOS below:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

First of all, I’m not forcing anyone.

Thank you for sharing the TOS, but what about the Fiverr’s customer support response as written in this thread - Can I hire Fiverr spokespersons to make video promote my gigs?

If its a violation, should I report gigs that are using a spokesperson to Fiverr support?

First of all, I’m not forcing anyone.

Thank you for sharing the TOS, but what about the Fiverr’s customer support response as written in this thread - Can I hire Fiverr spokespersons to make video promote my gigs?

If its a violation, should I report gigs that are using a spokesperson to Fiverr support?

That thread is nearly 6 years old, and Fiverr TOS was last updated February 2020, so I think it’s quite clear that you should follow the current rules Fiverr has and not the response of a CS rep from 6 years ago. Things change, after all.

Don’t waste your time on what other sellers are doing. It is no one’s job to be policing the thousands of gigs out there to see if they fall within TOS; what you would be doing is just tattle-tailing. Even if you do report them, there is no guarantee that Fiverr will act on it (they won’t tell you what they do after you report).

In addition to what @graphtersawyer said, in the past (as in, years ago) Fiverr encouraged sellers to hire other sellers who would help them with their gigs (make their gig videos, do some copywriting, and so on). However, that created problems (for example, buyers would read the description in perfect English and think that the seller’s English was great, and then it would turn out that they’re barely able to communicate).

Right now, I’m not sure you’re allowed to hire a Fiverr seller to do anything about your gig. You might be allowed to hire someone to do your gig picture (unless you’re offering design services), and that’s about it.

If you want to be certain, you can contact Customer Support and ask them,

That thread is nearly 6 years old, and Fiverr TOS was last updated February 2020, so I think it’s quite clear that you should follow the current rules Fiverr has and not the response of a CS rep from 6 years ago. Things change, after all.

Don’t waste your time on what other sellers are doing. It is no one’s job to be policing the thousands of gigs out there to see if they fall within TOS; what you would be doing is just tattle-tailing. Even if you do report them, there is no guarantee that Fiverr will act on it (they won’t tell you what they do after you report).

Don’t waste your time on what other sellers are doing. It is no one’s job to be policing the thousands of gigs out there to see if they fall within TOS; what you would be doing is just tattle-tailing. Even if you do report them, there is no guarantee that Fiverr will act on it

This ^^^

It’s a waste of time to think about other gigs no matter what they are doing wrong. And I mean reporting them. I have tried a few times and half the time they stay the same. Only think about your own gigs.

Thank you for the response. I contacted Fiverr support for it because I found on “Adding a video to your gig” page that

• You may not use another seller to create your Gig video on your behalf. If you provide services as a video animator or creator, it is important to upload samples of your own work to showcase your talent.

Note: This does not apply to non-Video & Animation categories.

Here’s the response I got:

You are in the SEO category and as you have no knowledge of creating a video, you can hire someone to do it for you. As in any other ad, the actor or the spokesperson doesn’t need to present himself as you or your client just to tell a story and explain your service.

In addition to what @graphtersawyer said, in the past (as in, years ago) Fiverr encouraged sellers to hire other sellers who would help them with their gigs (make their gig videos, do some copywriting, and so on). However, that created problems (for example, buyers would read the description in perfect English and think that the seller’s English was great, and then it would turn out that they’re barely able to communicate).

Right now, I’m not sure you’re allowed to hire a Fiverr seller to do anything about your gig. You might be allowed to hire someone to do your gig picture (unless you’re offering design services), and that’s about it.

If you want to be certain, you can contact Customer Support and ask them,

Thanks for the help!

Archived