Something I clearly don't understand about Fiverr

What I’ve noticed among some who have writing gigs is that they think they know English well enough to write English correctly, without realizing they actually do not.

There are two mistakes that every aspiring writer makes. First, they get so excited about being a writer, they write long rambling sentences that don’t make sense. Second, they write rubbish.

I learned this publishing books. Put your world-changing manuscript aside for 6-months. Afterward, you will read it in horror as you realize how bad it is. These days, I can’t even read anything I delivered in my first 2-years freelancing without wanting to go back in time and beat myself with a shovel and a thesaurus.

Sadly, a lot of people just don’t get that writing is a skill that you never have, but one that needs constantly developing.

I have had to restrain myself so often from asking ‘have you actually read what you wrote?’ because that would be unprofessional.

Put your world-changing manuscript aside for 6-months. Afterward, you will read it in horror as you realize how bad it is.

I like to write short stories but then later read them and throw them away. I’ve never considered getting them published. I just like to write.

I like to write short stories but then later read them and throw them away.

You shouldn’t throw anything away. I have awful short stories from 2008 that I’ve since resurrected characters and ideas from. I also know I’m not the only writer who has had an Alan Moore moment:

I like to write short stories but then later read them and throw them away.

You shouldn’t throw anything away. I have awful short stories from 2008 that I’ve since resurrected characters and ideas from. I also know I’m not the only writer who has had an Alan Moore moment:

@cyaxrex He’s very interesting and a free thinker which I like. Clearly in ancient times writing was considered magic.

Archived