Suddenly, lots of people want to pay 20-30% of my quotation

Act as wise as you want, but the market price for any service outside Fiverr is equal with the Fiverr Pro. And most people are buying from normal users which are at least twice as cheap.

but the market price for any service outside Fiverr is equal with the Fiverr Pro.

This is an assumption on your part. Sellers can sell their services for whatever price their market will pay, in reflection of the skill and benefit they offer. Some FiverPros sell above the outside market, many others sell below. Prices are unique to each individual seller, market, and business category.

most people are buying from normal users which are at least twice as cheap.

Again, this is an assumption. How do you know what a “normal user” is? And just because you see low prices everywhere, doesn’t mean that is what most people are paying. I know many sellers who are successfully selling at triple-digit prices. I certainly wouldn’t call them cheap sellers.

Act as wise as you want, but the market price for any service outside Fiverr is equal with the Fiverr Pro. And most people are buying from normal users which are at least twice as cheap.

I have to disagree with you. I also have my stand alone website and my prices are not based on Fiverr Pro. Of course this is only my example and what I’m trying to say is that I addapted my prices to the platform and I’ve set them below my normal rate, regarding the type of GIGs and business target of Fiverr. But outside Fiverr it’s my business and my decision on how to run my business, only.

In my oppinion, is ultragious that people try to pay 20-30% of the price of a freelance since in most of the cases that is not even enough to pay the taxes for that specific job. Of course that different countries have different tax laws and the currency is different too, but assuming that everyone on Fiverr must work almost for free is an assumption that doesn’t fit with the reality. You can find top professionals around here and I can tell you this because I’ve worked with some of them already and they are amazing at their work.

Basically, you get what you pay. But I don’t allow people to demand a high quality job from me paying 20% of my price. And this is how I run my business. It’s my decision, like I will respect people who disagree with me and prefer to negotiate the price each time they have someone interested in their work.

there will always be someone who will sell it for cheaper. Differentiate. Make sure the clients recognize the differentiating point

there will always be someone who will sell it for cheaper. Differentiate. Make sure the clients recognize the differentiating point

Of course they are. That’s a market. It’s inevitable. My clients recognize the differentiating point, but they simply don’t want to pay. It’s not the first time that I have clients asking me several times to give them a huge discount because they want to work with me, but I cannot simply give them the price they want because I’m running a business too, and like everyone else I have bills to pay.

Of course they are. That’s a market. It’s inevitable. My clients recognize the differentiating point, but they simply don’t want to pay. It’s not the first time that I have clients asking me several times to give them a huge discount because they want to work with me, but I cannot simply give them the price they want because I’m running a business too, and like everyone else I have bills to pay.

Same is the case with me. Sometimes you have to say no at a certain point. At the end it’s all about demand and supply. Quality delivery obviously costs more and the customers do realise that. I once quoted a customer 2400 usd. He said he has a budget of usd 900 and a bid of that amount too. I simply refused. And at the end, he spent 900, came back , gave 2400 and I did the work . I often quote this to my customers and alot of them realize and value this. But there are some who don’t and that’s where you simply say no

Same is the case with me. Sometimes you have to say no at a certain point. At the end it’s all about demand and supply. Quality delivery obviously costs more and the customers do realise that. I once quoted a customer 2400 usd. He said he has a budget of usd 900 and a bid of that amount too. I simply refused. And at the end, he spent 900, came back , gave 2400 and I did the work . I often quote this to my customers and alot of them realize and value this. But there are some who don’t and that’s where you simply say no

Same is the case with me. Sometimes you have to say no at a certain point. At the end it’s all about demand and supply. Quality delivery obviously costs more and the customers do realise that.

I totally agree with you and I keep saying no to the people who are unable to understand and respect my value.

I empathize with you. As a TRS, it can be annoying to get these type of requests often. Here are my thoughts regarding your situation.

a) People don’t even answer; ---- > Let them go. Be okay with that, not every buyer does it on purpose. Sometimes life just gets in the way. If you know who your niche audience is, speak to them in a way that resonates with “that group of people.” The buyers that are meant to work with you will find YOU for sure.
b) People just want a quotation but are not available to actually discuss the project; ---->What I typically do is give a quote like this. “My services start at…” Don’t give a firm quote till you have all the info to make that decision.
c) People offer 20-30% of my quotation and demand even more work to be done, for free. —> If this is before the order starts, I usually say " Thanks for the offer but my Package starts at …I’ll have to pass on this project but feel free to check out other sellers who can better help." Be firm. Copy/paste, repeat if they dont get it.

I understand other sellers have addressed this before but I think its good to use the power of NO to your advantage. Think about it from a sales perspective the power of NO helps you to manage distractions and time wasters more efficiently. Making more room for you to focus on the right buyers.

I empathize with you. As a TRS, it can be annoying to get these type of requests often. Here are my thoughts regarding your situation.

a) People don’t even answer; ---- > Let them go. Be okay with that, not every buyer does it on purpose. Sometimes life just gets in the way. If you know who your niche audience is, speak to them in a way that resonates with “that group of people.” The buyers that are meant to work with you will find YOU for sure.

b) People just want a quotation but are not available to actually discuss the project; ---->What I typically do is give a quote like this. “My services start at…” Don’t give a firm quote till you have all the info to make that decision.

c) People offer 20-30% of my quotation and demand even more work to be done, for free. —> If this is before the order starts, I usually say " Thanks for the offer but my Package starts at …I’ll have to pass on this project but feel free to check out other sellers who can better help." Be firm. Copy/paste, repeat if they dont get it.

I understand other sellers have addressed this before but I think its good to use the power of NO to your advantage. Think about it from a sales perspective the power of NO helps you to manage distractions and time wasters more efficiently. Making more room for you to focus on the right buyers.

Very nice tip. Thank you so much. That will definitely save me time.

That’s exactly what I’m doing since I started to receive all these wonderful tips and comments.

@gopros I totally agree. Thank you so much for your insignts.

Very nice tip. Thank you so much. That will definitely save me time.

That’s exactly what I’m doing since I started to receive all these wonderful tips and comments.

@gopros I totally agree. Thank you so much for your insignts.

You’re most welcome. 🙂 Glad you’re implementing the new ideas from our community. It only gets better from here!

I honestly stopped selling voice work here for that reason. Somehow I still get it in my writing gig.
My response is simple in that I advise my cost is a reflection on the value of their project. There is probably somebody willing to do all that work for cents on the dollar but will they do it right if being paid so low for so much work and is that the value that they place on their own project.

In reality if they only value their needs genuinely at $5 they probably care little about it.

I honestly stopped selling voice work here for that reason. Somehow I still get it in my writing gig.

My response is simple in that I advise my cost is a reflection on the value of their project. There is probably somebody willing to do all that work for cents on the dollar but will they do it right if being paid so low for so much work and is that the value that they place on their own project.

In reality if they only value their needs genuinely at $5 they probably care little about it.

If only! That would at least mean that they would be fine with what they receive, so there would be no hassle (other than doing way too much work for $5). The thing is, many of those who insist you do it for $5 are never satisfied.

There is probably somebody willing to do all that work for cents on the dollar but will they do it right if being paid so low for so much work and is that the value that they place on their own project.

That’s what I try to explain to my potential clients. And I had so many situations where the client itself refused to pay my quotation, then hired a reseller and the reseller came back to me to ask a quotation for the exact same script. :rofl:

If they are reselling my work to other clients they don’t care, for real. They just want to spend the less money they can to deliver something to their clients. I have stated at all my GIGs that I don’t do revisions for free and I always have problems with that, because sudenly their clients decide to change the script and want a new recording for free.

Archived