Pretty slow month? :(

psychicbunny

The virus is just another disease, one from which tens of thousands of people have already recovered.

Never underestimate the power of a bit social hysteria. I went out on Sunday night and in the bar I was in two women started screaming at my friend for coughing near them to the point where their husbands tried to eject him. - And that was after already clarifying very awkwardly several times that my friend has terminal lung cancer.

We don’t even have any Corona virus on Malta yet.

At the rate things are going, people will be jamming anyone they can into a crematorium oven just because they have runny nose. Hence my plan to make more of an attempt to stay away from humans than viruses until the latter can thin the herd a little.

Some guy stands outside my front door twice a day and coughs loudly and has been doing it for two months now. I can no longer safely open my front door due to this. I have no idea who he is or why he does this.

I just read that a bottle of Purell hand sanitizer was selling on Amazon yesterday for $364.

The coughing guy is yet another strange thing I seem to experience as some sort of prelude of things to come.

I had something similar happen two months before our president announced that people flush the toilet now 15 times in a row. I’ve been noticing this for a long time. I get a two month lead in of what’s to come.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This month has been pretty slow for me, too! It seems like the people who do reach out or place an order are serious, but there’s less communication than before. In the past it has come and gone, though, so I’m trying to keep positive.

Some guy stands outside my front door twice a day and coughs loudly and has been doing it for two months now. I can no longer safely open my front door due to this. I have no idea who he is or why he does this.

I just read that a bottle of Purell hand sanitizer was selling on Amazon yesterday for $364.

The coughing guy is yet another strange thing I seem to experience as some sort of prelude of things to come.

I had something similar happen two months before our president announced that people flush the toilet now 15 times in a row. I’ve been noticing this for a long time. I get a two month lead in of what’s to come.

Sellers on Amazon are free to change prices anytime they want. However, if you go to Walgreens, CVS, Home Depot, etc, you’ll find regular prices. The big prices are for big quantities.

Anyone else have a slow month so far?

Last month I only made $136.

This month (March 4), I only had one order.

I wonder if Top Rated Sellers and Level 2’s are doing better?

yes… it’s slow… I think the virus seem to effect everything… 😦

I thought the effect to be opposite. You know due to outbreak, people will tend to move outside little. And, finish much of their work from home. That will generate sales for us. Well, that’s my hypothesis.

I thought the effect to be opposite. You know due to outbreak, people will tend to move outside little. And, finish much of their work from home. That will generate sales for us. Well, that’s my hypothesis.

I thought the effect to be opposite. You know due to outbreak, people will tend to move outside little. And, finish much of their work from home.

This work from home line is getting way over used by the media. The reality is that very few people can work from home. If you work in retail or any customer facing role, you can’t do diddly squat from home.

Neither do the vast majority of people suddenly being told to self-isolate have the savings necessary to survive more than a month max without any income. Lots of people not being able to pay their bills puts pressure on banks. As a result, they stop lending. As a result of that, a lot of the people running to Fiverr with new startup ideas that require digital services to get off the ground suddenly find they have no $$$$'s to spend.

On top of all that, last year saw a massive decline in equity purchases and a massive increase in consumer debt and debt defaults worldwide. All the triggers for a new financial crash were pulled last summer. The coronavirus is at best a coincidence or at worst a nice scapegoat for an economic disaster that was going to strike anyway.

The only thing freelancers can do now is brace themselves for the inevitable wave of freshly unemployed blue collar workers who will suddenly all decide its time to start life coaching.

They will come, and we must be ready.

I thought the effect to be opposite. You know due to outbreak, people will tend to move outside little. And, finish much of their work from home.

This work from home line is getting way over used by the media. The reality is that very few people can work from home. If you work in retail or any customer facing role, you can’t do diddly squat from home.

Neither do the vast majority of people suddenly being told to self-isolate have the savings necessary to survive more than a month max without any income. Lots of people not being able to pay their bills puts pressure on banks. As a result, they stop lending. As a result of that, a lot of the people running to Fiverr with new startup ideas that require digital services to get off the ground suddenly find they have no $$$$'s to spend.

On top of all that, last year saw a massive decline in equity purchases and a massive increase in consumer debt and debt defaults worldwide. All the triggers for a new financial crash were pulled last summer. The coronavirus is at best a coincidence or at worst a nice scapegoat for an economic disaster that was going to strike anyway.

The only thing freelancers can do now is brace themselves for the inevitable wave of freshly unemployed blue collar workers who will suddenly all decide its time to start life coaching.

DEFCON 5 - FREELANCER APPOCALYPSE :rofl:

@cyaxrex; that’s a fine analysis done there and I can’t disagree more. The winter is coming.

Sellers on Amazon are free to change prices anytime they want. However, if you go to Walgreens, CVS, Home Depot, etc, you’ll find regular prices. The big prices are for big quantities.

I was a level 2 and got demoted this month lol smh. I definitely made more sells as a level 2.

I would say it has slowed a bit even though im getting orders daily, but not as much as my usual rate. In my niche there is a lot of concern about the virus and the markets, so yes i believe the virus has something to do with it. Just staying positive and being as careful as possible with this outbreak. 🙂

I only became a top-rated seller this February… So I cannot say much about the experience… I am getting most of the work from my previous buyers, who don’t do any tourism related work…

I was a level 2 and got demoted this month lol smh. I definitely made more sells as a level 2.

The same happened to me. At “no level,” I rarely get sales. At level 1 and 2 I got more, but nothing beats being TRS.

I only became a top-rated seller this February… So I cannot say much about the experience… I am getting most of the work from my previous buyers, who don’t do any tourism related work…

Well, I wish you the best of luck. If you do create a new gig, make sure it’s not a gig that gives you grief. Sometimes the extra money isn’t worth it.

The same happened to me. At “no level,” I rarely get sales. At level 1 and 2 I got more, but nothing beats being TRS.

Well, I wish you the best of luck. If you do create a new gig, make sure it’s not a gig that gives you grief. Sometimes the extra money isn’t worth it.

hmm… no I still don’t have any idea to start a new gig… 🙂 I am happy with my gigs at the moment even though there are hiccups now & then…

but I tried to publish my first kid’s book through a publisher (it didn’t work out) … so thinking of other ways to market it, with the hope for an extra income…

Do you get a big boost in sales as a TRS compared to level 2 seller? Like a dramatic difference or just a little?

hmm… no I still don’t have any idea to start a new gig… 🙂 I am happy with my gigs at the moment even though there are hiccups now & then…

but I tried to publish my first kid’s book through a publisher (it didn’t work out) … so thinking of other ways to market it, with the hope for an extra income…

You should self-publish, it’s easy. Amazon and CreativeSpace will help you out, they make money when you make money.

A friend of mine has published over 50 eBooks, he makes $100 to $200 a month. In his heyday, he was making $1,000 to $2,000 a month.

Do you get a big boost in sales as a TRS compared to level 2 seller? Like a dramatic difference or just a little?

I got a boost of sales in the gigs that has mass appeal, versus the niche gigs.

I don’t remember what year I got promoted, but in 2015 I made $19,000.

On December, 2017, I got demoted to level 2

In 2018, I made $8,000

2019: $6,000

2020: $344 so far

And here’s the funny thing, I never ever promoted my gigs, never spammed anyone, never paid for advertising, so it’s clear to me that your level matters.

You should self-publish, it’s easy. Amazon and CreativeSpace will help you out, they make money when you make money.

A friend of mine has published over 50 eBooks, he makes $100 to $200 a month. In his heyday, he was making $1,000 to $2,000 a month.

In 2018, I made $8,000

And here’s the funny thing, I never ever promoted my gigs, never spammed anyone, never paid for advertising, so it’s clear to me that your level matters.

Amazon and CreativeSpace will help you out

I think you mean KDP. I think CreateSpace has stopped for new stuff and everything transferred to KDP.

In 2018, I made $8,000

Blockquote

Amazon and CreativeSpace

Amazon and CreativeSpace

Thank you for the suggestion… 🙂

Yes I can do that.&.I tired,but have one issue, can’t withdraw paypal… 😦

Blockquote

Amazon and CreativeSpace

Amazon and CreativeSpace

Thank you for the suggestion… 🙂

Yes I can do that.&.I tired,but have one issue, can’t withdraw paypal… 😦

have one issue, can’t withdraw paypal… 😦

You don’t have to use PayPal with Amazon. You can get checks from them (if you wish to wait for that long), or withdraw via Payoneer.

Archived