Hiw to get buyers for my gigs

connorrk1700

I’ve been here for a couple months now, and I’m sure I’ve set everything up in a way that’s simple and understandable, but all I get is people trying to ask to use my upwork account for their own personal gain, and not people who actually want to buy art or anything my gigs offer. How can I get more people actually interested in buying from me?

Here are my recommendations:

Improve your gig images. You should have a simple image or graphic and some text.

Make your titles clearer and more impactful. Use less words and more adjectives.

Take better images of your artwork and of more high quality pieces. The pieces are good, but you should post images of projects instead of just sketches and you should not have an image drawn on notebook paper. Taking pictures in natural light works best and use the highest quality camera you can get your hands on. Edit the pictures after you take them to fix the white balance, brightness and contrast.

Make your gig description longer and more thorough. Describe in detail what you’re offering. You should also add an FAQ section with any questions you think buyers might have.

On your proofreading gig, you should add some writing you have done or proofread to prove your skills. I would also recommend improving the image on this gig instead of using a meme.

You should change your profile to seem more mature and professional, as based on your profile I would not say you’re very old. Seeming more mature will increase buyer trust which will help you get orders. Consider changing your text and profile photo.

Lastly I would recommend adding all 7 gigs that you can. Add a different gig for drawing people, animals and anything else you draw. Consider adding one for colour and one for black and white as well. If you do that, it’s four different gigs in art which gets you so many more impressions and clicks, thus increasing the likelihood of buyers buying from you.

Hope this helps.

Well, you’re just rude. You can go away if you aren’t going to give constructive criticism.

Fair enough. (Though that was an attempt to politely feel out your dedication. I apologize that my phrasing came off as rude.)

Your gig descriptions need to clearly differentiate what perks are part of which package. (If a buyer is confused, they’re more likely go elsewhere, rather than take the time to puzzle out what you’re offering.)(The first sentence in every gig should echo its title, to reaffirm what you’re offering to do. Window-shoppers have a short attention span.)

The images you chose to represent your gigs should either reflect the gig as a whole, or the individual packages within a gig, if the gig is more goods than service. (The meme is highly unprofessional.)

Always check your gig thumbnails from your profile. Any relevant text (size, font, color, style, location) needs to be readable. Several images have been cropped oddly. Shrunk images don’t always look as good as the full-sized. (These are usually the first thing people will see, and a poor first impression will drive people away.)

There are several English pas faux in your gigs and your profile.

Professionalism includes consistency, and there are many things that can turn buyers away.

If any of the points are unclear, feel free to quote them and I’ll try to elaborate. I again apologize for coming off as rude. I do try to help, but I’m also aware that the written word is notorious for miscommunication.

Well, you’re just rude. You can go away if you aren’t going to give constructive criticism.

Well, you’re just rude

That’s not rude. You asked for a feedback And she gave it.

The drawing gig is very unprofessional. Right now It seems that you are a teenager who loves drawing and that’s what you do with your pencils but unfortunately you don’t have any idea of business world, presentation and what files you will need to provide for that. You made a picture of your paper on your phone and another one you made a screenshot of your phone and didn’t even bother to crop out the top part of your phone tabs.

Which files will you deliver if someone will order from you? No one will be able to use those kind of pictures that you attached in your gig.

Even pencil drawings you can showcase in a professional manner but of course you will have to take a lot of learning, it wouldn’t go far with just a passion.

You will have to get a scanner to scan all your pencil drawings, get a photoshop program and learn how to digitalise your paper drawings into at least raster format and in the future into vector.

Archived