Is my gig just bad?

markzhngster

Your location states USA yet your English grammar is very poor. The poor choice of words make your profile seem unprofessional and maybe you used a translation software that didn’t quite correctly translate. You also only got 6.5 on your adobe test while others have scored higher

Your location states USA yet your English grammar is very poor. The poor choice of words make your profile seem unprofessional and maybe you used a translation software that didn’t quite correctly translate. You also only got 6.5 on your adobe test while others have scored higher

Hina, thank you. You are right. I actually have them on large too yet they are blurry still. Ill correct that.

James, yeah, the test showed that there were and still are many features I still have very little knowledge of. That and I sometimes tend to have issues when it comes to remembering names of some of the tools. I was always told that my way of writing always seemed unprofessional, that I always wrote in a somewhat informal manner. I’ll see what I can do about that. I’m trying to get a normal job, but came here as the requisites for even internship are ridiculous. So thanks for pointing that out. I didn’t realized I had that many grammar issues though lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it’s true when they say you see all the mistakes after you take a break and come back lol. I am not even 10 seconds in and I found a grammatical error.

Edit 2: Ok I see the problem. I must have had multiple windows of my gig editing open and edited on each one with a save on each one messing up some of my sentences as I see in my first paragraph not making sense.

I recommend you check your grammar and spelling as the English mistakes in your gig make it seem less polished and professional. I would also recommend you choose your best logo to include on your main gig image and text that says logo design, and put more logos on your other two images. In your description, you spend a lot of time being serious and realistic, but it may be more useful to encourage people to buy in a positive manner. Talk about everything great you’re offering rather than talking about how long delivery will take, as that’s already on the page. Hope this helps. 🙂

I recommend you check your grammar and spelling as the English mistakes in your gig make it seem less polished and professional. I would also recommend you choose your best logo to include on your main gig image and text that says logo design, and put more logos on your other two images. In your description, you spend a lot of time being serious and realistic, but it may be more useful to encourage people to buy in a positive manner. Talk about everything great you’re offering rather than talking about how long delivery will take, as that’s already on the page. Hope this helps. 🙂

Mckinley, thank you. That advice is helpful. Sometimes I try to make it seem to serious and realistic at times that I forget certain things to mention. It’s been stressful trying to find a job, looking for opportunities, building my portfolio that I’ve been stressed. I am trying fiverr as a way to earn even a little on the side right now.

Mckinley, thank you. That advice is helpful. Sometimes I try to make it seem to serious and realistic at times that I forget certain things to mention. It’s been stressful trying to find a job, looking for opportunities, building my portfolio that I’ve been stressed. I am trying fiverr as a way to earn even a little on the side right now.

You have the wrong image, for starters. Your second image is MUCH more attractive, make that the main gig image asap.

You have the wrong image, for starters. Your second image is MUCH more attractive, make that the main gig image asap.

Visualstudios, I had the same thought but wanted to try an image with more logos. I guess I’ll switch them again. Well after I make a higher quality one. As Hina pointed out, its pretty blurry. Thanks for your input. Still, is the 2nd image that much better lol?

Edit: Ah it may be the outer glow that made it seem blurry. Ill make a different version and test it again. Maybe a darker background so I wouldn’t need the glow.

Visualstudios, I had the same thought but wanted to try an image with more logos. I guess I’ll switch them again. Well after I make a higher quality one. As Hina pointed out, its pretty blurry. Thanks for your input. Still, is the 2nd image that much better lol?

Edit: Ah it may be the outer glow that made it seem blurry. Ill make a different version and test it again. Maybe a darker background so I wouldn’t need the glow.

Yes. The colors are pleasing, the icon is nice, the background works. I really dislike the colors on the first image.

Btw, if you want to be successful, you should treat Fiverr as a storefront - having a tagline saying “I want to do my passion and make everyone and family happy” is perhaps not the best choice…

Yes. The colors are pleasing, the icon is nice, the background works. I really dislike the colors on the first image.

Btw, if you want to be successful, you should treat Fiverr as a storefront - having a tagline saying “I want to do my passion and make everyone and family happy” is perhaps not the best choice…

Thank you for your kind words Visual. Usually I lack self confidence in my designs that it negatively impacts my progress. I usually only hear feedback like this from close friends, but their opinion can be biased because we are friends. It’s nice to hear that from an outside perspective. So thank you and everyone else here for giving me these feedbacks.

P.S. I see. I shouldn’t be too serious but too informal either.

Does my logo feel like it has a somewhat minimalistic/flat feel?

Thank you for your kind words Visual. Usually I lack self confidence in my designs that it negatively impacts my progress. I usually only hear feedback like this from close friends, but their opinion can be biased because we are friends. It’s nice to hear that from an outside perspective. So thank you and everyone else here for giving me these feedbacks.

P.S. I see. I shouldn’t be too serious but too informal either.

Does my logo feel like it has a somewhat minimalistic/flat feel?

Ok, I need to make better mockups. It looks terrible compared to the ones out there. I didn’t realize how bad it looked in comparison up till now. Thank you all for helping me. I see so many problems today that I wouldn’t have when I started a few days ago. The only thing I was missing was actually experience which I will improve with each day.

Edit: Seeing all these unlimited revision gigs make me worry. I have reading post which made me realize how buyers can take advantage of that to the extreme. But maybe that is what it means to be a freelancer.

As for blurry pictures, that might be just Fiverr. I’ve noticed that every picture I upload, even if it’s the recommended format and size, it always becomes somewhat blurry and loses the crisp high quality.

Or has anyone been able to upload and keep the quality exactly as it was?

As for blurry pictures, that might be just Fiverr. I’ve noticed that every picture I upload, even if it’s the recommended format and size, it always becomes somewhat blurry and loses the crisp high quality.

Or has anyone been able to upload and keep the quality exactly as it was?

Yeah, I did notice that for some reason, large size images become blurry on Fiverr. But I thought that was just an error on my part somewhere. Thanks. And good night everyone!

Ok, I need to make better mockups. It looks terrible compared to the ones out there. I didn’t realize how bad it looked in comparison up till now. Thank you all for helping me. I see so many problems today that I wouldn’t have when I started a few days ago. The only thing I was missing was actually experience which I will improve with each day.

Edit: Seeing all these unlimited revision gigs make me worry. I have reading post which made me realize how buyers can take advantage of that to the extreme. But maybe that is what it means to be a freelancer.

Don’t offer unlimited revisions. You don’t want to compete with those who do. It just shows lack of confidence in your skills, it will attract nightmare buyers and drive away good ones.

Oh jeez. My view count, clicks, and impressions for my gig shot up like hell! While I may not have gotten orders yet. Thank you for all your help! My confidence is rising!

An attractive gig image is essential. Always put your best work up front. Also, really look into changing your bio. What you have there is not professional.

Hate to say it, but Fiverr doesn’t care if you don’t work on weekends. If you get an order, the clock starts. If you want to be able to hold to this, you’ll need to make sure you give yourself extra time for the orders.

If you do, instead of this:

I don’t work on weekends. Any orders placed on the weekends will be done when I come back on Monday. Thank you for understanding.

Maybe this:

My deliver times might look excessive, but they’re to cover for unforeseen events and weekends (when I’m out of office), and I’m likely to deliver in a shorter amount of time.

(^ The above is a rough draft and should be revised to fit your writing style, if you even decide to use longer delivery times.)

“Languages: English - Basic” is inaccurate. It should be ‘fluent.’ Yes, you’re clearly not a writer, but I’ll bet you can at least tell the difference between ‘achieve’ and ‘archive.’ (And it looks like you use capitalization correctly.) I know the test gave you a low score, but most of the tests have issues. I would recommend taking it again, now that you know how the tests are set up. (I always did more poorly on the first test in any class, as every professor would focus on different things and each had additional quirks.)

My only other bit advice for your gig is this: Your gig descriptions need to clearly differentiate what perks are part of which package. (If a buyer is confused, they’re more likely go elsewhere, rather than take the time to puzzle out what you’re offering.)

Visual: Oh I forgot about my bio page. Been juggling things all over place that my bio got left out thanks!

Imagination: Yeah that part was an issue for me. I wasn’t completely sure how I would word that more professionally and left that as it. Thank you. And did I seriously left that as basic? Holy hell. I must be trippin. Thanks for the tip for the time duration. I was in a bind whether or not to use more than 2-3 day.

Archived