Bitcoins on Fiverr [ARCHIVED]

cesgon

Guest matt_garry

to me that make as much sense getting payed in shares of the sp500 or how about a nice royalty fund? I could sure use a 6% yield to balance my portfolio

Reply to @matt_garry: Matt yes volatility is a problem… however is you looks the chart is narrow since the month and half…

The fact is that more and more people are adopting Bitcoin and merchant as well:
***************** to name a few then the volatility will be lesser.

So maybe you wanna read more about volatility and economics overall.

cheers.

Reply to @boltdesign: It is not virtual is Crypto because uses highly safe algorithms as when you log on to your bank account. And is Digital because is based on 1’s and 0’s but is not virtual because actually exist but is not just a paper.!!! however it can be printed if you like!

I recently watched a news story on TV where the anchor, who was doing a feature on bitcoin currency, had purchase a bitcoin and printed out some kind of certificate/proof of purchase. As soon as he held the paper up to the TV, the QR code was scanned by a viewer, and the anchor’s bitcoin was stolen.

Granted, the theft was just as much the anchor’s fault as the thief’s for foolishly providing the information to millions of viewers to be stolen and not knowing what the heck he was doing (honestly, the guy kind of had it coming). But what I think that demonstrates is the bitcoin is so new, unfamiliar and volatile that I don’t think it could be implemented right now without being quickly turned into one big mess.

Reply to @nickih: the certificate is a Paper Wallet. Actually has two QR codes:

One is the public address where any one can pay you money and the other one which you have to put it in a save location is the Private key. With the private Key you can spend the money.

So what happened is someone scanned the private key and withdraw the money in his behalf.

I use Paper Wallet because is the safest types of wallet. Having say that, Paper Wallet is only for storage not for daily transaction. And are the safest because they don’t connect to the internet are “unhackables”.

So basically, what happened he showed to World the bank account number and the password.

Still there is Lack of understanding out there.

Finally, I didn’t see that TV show… I pretty sure this is what happened.

Cheers.

Wow, my world is so small and my mind so narrow, I can’t comprehend how this is “money”. I work for money. How is mining coins profitable? I am growing old and the world is passing me by. This is like playing The Sims and using cheat codes to earn Simoleons.

That video did not explain the economic backing of bitcoins. Off to NPR for more information!

Reply to @madmoo: after the reading the Fiverr blog is only to buy Gigs with BTC which is a great advance! but the real deal for us, as Gig sellers and Fiverr customers will come down when we are able to withdraw in Bitcoin instead of $US

Reply to @madmoo: yep it is great for Fiveer at the moment. I do mine with a Butterfly Lab miner too and I am a member of Bitcoin Foundation and member of BAA. I use multibit and coinjar for wallets and buy sell bitcoin through coinjar.

It is great because is the first step for Fiveer getting into bitcoin but for you and for me the real deal is to withdraw in BTC.

Finally, more and more people will see the good and bitcoin… Thank you Fiverr!

Madmoo welcome to the Bitcoin world and new economic game 🙂

1. people have lost their codes (wallet file and/or password). Those coins are lost forever. It’s necessary to take care of your money if you’re holding it yourself, of course.

2. viruses and other malware are on most people’s computers, especially windows users. Ones that make your computer slow by mining BTC and sending it to someone else are really insignificant compared to the ones that log your keystrokes or the ones that encrypt your files until you pay.

3. I’d forget about mining. It’s quite unnecessary for a bitcoin user to do this

4. The information you give to send/receive a bitcoin payment is far less than the information you give Facebook. There’s just no comparison.

5. you don’t have to ‘turn your wallet digital’ to start this. Take a look at creating one for free on blockchain.info. DON’T lose the passwword!

Archived