Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impacts On Freelancing!

they don’t do anything at all to help me, just like with the usual experiences I’ve had with doctors

Most of my experiences with doctors are positive. If I have a problem, they fix it, either in the office or they give me a prescription. A family member of mine is in the hospital with corona, they have helped him and he’s gotten much better. In a day or two, he’ll leave the hospital, there’s even a service that will drive him so nobody else gets infected. My relative believes he got the virus at a funeral, everyone was kissing each other (latinos), this was before the mandatory quarantines and business shut downs. When people thought corona was far away.

Most of my experiences with doctors are positive.

So were mine. I had bronchopneumonia last year (definitely not something that would pass on its own), and doctors were awesome.

• Like 1

You guys are lucky you have good doctors. It’s not just me who thinks poorly of doctors and it’s also a function of where I live partially at least. It’s a common complaint around here about doctors and healthcare or lack of it. One hospital is called jokingly “Just kill me” Hospital.

• Like 2

My garden is blooming with flowers & all the fruit trees are full this year… But this time I might not be able to share them with others… 😦

Our Traditional New Year is in mid April, but I don’t think people will try to visit their relations & friends as well as have get together’s… I am hoping things will get back to normal soon…

My garden is blooming with flowers & all the fruit trees are full this year…

Nice! How are things going? I went out yesterday and bought some seeds and flowers to plant. Marigolds, Sunflowers, Gladiolus and some Veggies. Now I just need the energy and motivation to get out there and plant them. 😁 Yup, I don’t mind getting these :nail_care:t4:

• Like 2

If you wear gloves you need to wash the gloves like you are washing your hands only with the gloves on, in case it’s on the gloves and then the gloves will spread it to your face, car, etc.

Do you know if your family member was put on a ventilator? I wonder how they pulled him through. That’s so scary, there isn’t anything they can do except put them on a ventilator and hope somehow they make it.

Trump just ordered General Motors to start making ventilators.

If you wear gloves you need to wash the gloves like you are washing your hands

I only own one pair of gloves, so I can’t do that.

canned food and nutritional bars aren’t good enough

Disagree. My breakfast before work is two Nature Valleys, at 180 calories each, that’s more than enough to fill me up before lunch. You can survive on power bars, soup, and other can goods. A lot of poor people survive on ramen noodles, but that has too many calories and is very high in sodium. Still, people who only eat that usually lose weight or maintain it.

• Like 1

Disagree. My breakfast before work is two Nature Valleys, at 180 calories each, that’s more than enough to fill me up before lunch. You can survive on power bars, soup, and other can goods. A lot of poor people survive on ramen noodles, but that has too many calories and is very high in sodium. Still, people who only eat that usually lose weight or maintain it.

I have rubber gloves. I open mail with them and clean with them. The kind of rubber gloves you wash dishes with.

• Like 2

The current time is terrible for the world, which is why everyone is being mailed for alertness 😪

which is why everyone is being mailed for alertness

“Mailed for alertness”? I don’t know what that means.

No one has mailed me anywhere. 🧐

• Like 2

Yes, technically you can survive on rice and pickles too, but the point was being "not good enough especially if they’re older people, infants, pregnant women, etc, "

and the rest of the comment which read, “but perhaps only time will tell if it is a dramatic overreaction or a pragmatic step. Till then, let’s stock up on food, essentials and some much needed fortitude.”.

It was a reply to something else, and not for off-context and isolated interpretation.

• Like 1

I have rubber gloves. I open mail with them and clean with them. The kind of rubber gloves you wash dishes with.

I ear Husky gloves, they’re made with pig skin. They’re very comfortable which is important when you’re loading drywall, pushing heavy lumber carts, etc. I suppose rubber gloves are great for dishes and other less strenuous needs.

He probably means those emergency alert messages we’ve been getting on our smartphones. I’ve gotten two already.

It was a reply to something else, and not for off-context and isolated interpretation.

It’s common for people to reply to one or two of your sentences, instead of your entire comment. We are allowed to do that here.

Yes, technically you can survive on rice and pickles too, but the point was being "not good enough especially if they’re older people, infants, pregnant women, etc, "

I’m not a nutritionist, but I read a lot of history and a lot of people have survived worst with less. As long as the supermarkets remain open, people will be able to get the food they need.

• Like 3

My sales/impressions/clicks on my gigs have practically dropped to 0 for about a month now.
You can check my post here

Hello there Fiverr Community, I wanted to mention some issues that I have encountered and basically see if anyone else has had a similar experience. About a month ago, my gigs went from being on the first page ( for all keywords of interest ) to complete invisibility . My gigs are nowhere to be found, and impressions/clicks have dropped massively ( near zero ). Of course, this has resulted in 0 orders from new clients during the past 30 days ( thankfully I do have some loyal clients working wi…

I am sure other people have the same issues. It should be covid-19 related, but not sure it entirely depends on that.
We are in for a bumpy ride fellas

• Like 2

This is a very good question. I have my own business. in Pakistan . In fact, our services were exclusively to our own country. The conditions here are very bad. Lockdown has been done. I can’t even arrange a meeting. But now I have decided to make my services internationally. The problem is that everyone is thinking of themselves. No one is ready to work. And we have to pay our workers in every case. Economics is at a loss. day by day. Transport is also closed here. ۔ I’m sorry now That I already had to start freelancing. At least my employers would work at home.

• Like 2

which is why everyone is being mailed for alertness

No one has mailed me anywhere. 🧐

@jonbaas Hi

Sorry you disturbed I’m new here. I’m getting a problem I can’t turn off the laptop repeatedly. That’s why I come online from Mobile Chrome again and again. ۔ I do not showing the Buyer Request page. I looked at the desktop side in Mobile. But still I didn’t see the page. I hope you will help me. I would like to know how I can see the Buyer Request page in Mobile Chrome?

BeautyPlus_20200406171556428_save.jpg.3ac3edc7ba0ecc823a23553b0f90e7ac.jpg

• Like 1

@jonbaas Hi

Sorry you disturbed I’m new here. I’m getting a problem I can’t turn off the laptop repeatedly. That’s why I come online from Mobile Chrome again and again. ۔ I do not showing the Buyer Request page. I looked at the desktop side in Mobile. But still I didn’t see the page. I hope you will help me. I would like to know how I can see the Buyer Request page in Mobile Chrome?

BeautyPlus_20200406171556428_save

I would like to know how I can see the Buyer Request page in Mobile Chrome?

You will see more Buyer Requests that you can respond to when you are promoted to a Level 1 seller. Until then, as a no-level seller, you will not see many buyer requests.

• Like 2

You will see more Buyer Requests that you can respond to when you are promoted to a Level 1 seller. Until then, as a no-level seller, you will not see many buyer requests.

BeautyPlus_20200407092859098_save.jpg.188f2d7171503b01fbc0fef8831ddbb6.jpg

@jonbaas

I’m saying something else. You understand something else. I want to say that. I’m online from mobile. And I can’t find the Buyer Request page in mobile chrome.

• Like 1

BeautyPlus_20200407095745595_save.thumb.jpg.211251ff25782c5f63213be7fe2a4447.jpg
BeautyPlus_20200407095745595_save540×847 78.9 KB

Here you can see. This is a view of the mobile Chrome desktop site.

BeautyPlus_20200407095823684_save.jpg.0c814fa134d53f41551372036825439d.jpg

And here I go to profile.

BeautyPlus_20200407095859022_save.jpg.fdf6a68683c40d25fc5f6fb72badf466.jpg

Now here. Just as the laptop comes with many options. Why not come to mobile like this? More’s option is not in mobile. So where do I see the Buyer Request page?

• Like 1

I was just reading that most who get it only have mild flu like symptoms. They do not know why some people die from it but it seems to be an over reaction of some people’s immune systems in response to the virus. People who work in hospitals, and the elderly or those with less robust immune systems seem to come down with it the worst, although top officials in some countries have also come down with it.

So far in the U.S. there have been 60 confirmed cases in just a few states. Unfortunately people returning from the eastern countries who were exposed to the virus on planes have boarded planes to various destinations around the country. So far the government response has been much less than ideal.

I have mostly clients from U.S. and it’s increasing day by day in the whole world. And according to news media US and Italy badly affected through Covid-19. Of course people working through fiverr is also going have its impact. My mostly clients are from US so for now I don’t have any work. I really wish the whole world get well asap. People are dying, market is completely down specially Asian market. I lives in India. Some Indian people who lives in US are coming back from there Govt asked them to be here and everyone is going through screening of virus and for 14 days they will be in quarantine. Hope we all start our normal daily life soon.

Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Healthy.

• Like 3

Hey. I believe that the situation with coronavirus should be viewed from an angle. And benefit from it. Many people are drowning in the routine of everyday life. Sleep, eat, go to work, watch a movie and sleep again. Now there is time to develop your skills. Time to give life to your ideas.
Therefore, I urge everyone not to lose heart. And start doing things and projects for which you did not have time. Now nothing distracts you. You can completely immerse yourself in creativity.

Have a nice day friends!

• Like 2

Hey. I believe that the situation with coronavirus should be viewed from an angle. And benefit from it. Many people are drowning in the routine of everyday life. Sleep, eat, go to work, watch a movie and sleep again. Now there is time to develop your skills. Time to give life to your ideas.

Therefore, I urge everyone not to lose heart. And start doing things and projects for which you did not have time. Now nothing distracts you. You can completely immerse yourself in creativity.

Have a nice day friends!

Yeah, I agree.

I have zero orders last month. I hope it will be better this month.

• Like 2

I was doing well before this, about to reach into a level 2 category seller. Since the pandemic hit, I haven’t received a single order. I’m a transcriber. A big part of transcription is taking work off of businesses hands so they don’t have to worry about it. But if barely anybody is working – and the other half is home bored with excessive time on their hands, they’re not ordering from me. That’s what I’ve guessed after basically grieving my job anyway. I pray it gets better.

• Like 4