Having a hard time finding the right programmer

thet17

In every case, you would need a program that understands the context of a piece of writing if you want to benefit from genuine human readability. Otherwise, you are always going to end up with text that you later need to proof and edit anyway, which is kind of not what it sounds like the OP is looking for.

It seems like the OP doesn’t want a program that understands the context. It seems like the OP just wants it to follow the exact rules that he specifies eg. in the user interface (eg. for the max amount of characters on a line).

eg. if he wants it to put a line break after a certain word/character (or for it to ignore some characters like quotes for certain things) he can specify that in UI or any min/max char counts.

It seems like the OP doesn’t want a program that understands the context. It seems like the OP just wants it to follow the exact rules that he specifies

If that is the case, they would need to clarify this. It would also make development of an app a lot easier. However, I can understand why developers would be reluctant to take on such a project. It simply doesn’t make sense.

If I was a developer and someone came with a brief like this, I would assume that they were expecting an app that could create readable content.

Maybe a gig like this would help:

I will make a macro for microsoft excel or word

I did a search on the keywords “word macro”

Here is one gig description I found:

I will write or fix word vba macros for your document

Tired of editing your Microsoft Word document manually? You find the job repetitive? It’s time to unleash the full power of MS VBA automation. You do not need to work like a robot!

VBA allows you to detect and correct errors automatically, correct formatting errors and process multiple files at a time.

If you think you have specific needs, let me know.

In every case, you would need a program that understands the context of a piece of writing if you want to benefit from genuine human readability. Otherwise, you are always going to end up with text that you later need to proof and edit anyway, which is kind of not what it sounds like the OP is looking for.

It seems like the OP doesn’t want a program that understands the context. It seems like the OP just wants it to follow the exact rules that he specifies eg. in the user interface (eg. for the max amount of characters on a line).

eg. if he wants it to put a line break after a certain word/character (or for it to ignore some characters like quotes for certain things) he can specify that in UI or any min/max char counts.

This is exactly right, thank you. I just have a hard time articulating what I want. There are nuances to this that I didn’t realize were important.

I will write or fix word vba macros for your document

Tired of editing your Microsoft Word document manually? You find the job repetitive? It’s time to unleash the full power of MS VBA automation. You do not need to work like a robot!

VBA allows you to detect and correct errors automatically, correct formatting errors and process multiple files at a time.

If you think you have specific needs, let me know.

This might be a good idea. It’ll definitely cut out the need to make an entirely new program. Thank you!

The only thing I can think of that is InDesign but that’s going to be costly with the subscription unless you can find an older version; like CS5 on back. Though in order to get the results you’re looking for, you’re going to have to adjust the text settings to get the end result you’re looking for. Other than that, I’m not sure what else to suggest.

• 10 months later...

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Why do you think it necessary to comment on a thread that’s been inactive for almost a year? You’re not even adding anything of value that hasn’t already been said in one way or another. I have already moved on from this. I found a capable professional to make my program before the pandemic happened. Pandemic is definitely getting worse if people want to drudge up old threads because they think they have something meaningful to say. This is my final response. Have a good rest of the year.

Personally, I think your expectations are high, so the programmer in question has all the right to ask for just the right sum of money. I'm not sure what programmer you chose in the end, but I do hope he did meet those expectations. I'm addressing not especially to you cause I'm pretty sure you are done with this discussion, but to people that want to have something of quality done, but are greedy with money. I was in this position too, it's not that it didn't end well, it just never ended. I paid an okay sum of money to some guys that I never heard from again. Two times. Yes. I know this feeling of wanting to do it on a budget, it's just not the right approach to something like this. I then went on with accurate research to find a great company from where I could hire a programmer . I paid more money, but the result I had was astonishing.

Mod Note: Link removed.

• 1 month later...

I mean it all comes down to how much you’re willing for such a program. It sounds quite complex to start with and the description is not that clear to me. On top of that it’s not easy for a machine to imitate human writing as the variables are way too many. Everyone writes differently per se.If you have such a great idea that might even make you money I would suggest you to visit site and talk to some developers that will be able to set you up in Ukraine and find you all the necessary programmers for your task. You might end up with your business.

I mean it all comes down to how much you’re willing for such a program. It sounds quite complex to start with and the description is not that clear to me. On top of that it’s not easy for a machine to imitate human writing as the variables are way too many. Everyone writes differently per se.If you have such a great idea that might even make you money I would suggest you to visit site and talk to some developers that will be able to set you up in Ukraine and find you all the necessary programmers for your task. You might end up with your business.

The OP has already found a programmer to create what he wanted though. See the Jan 6th post.

On top of that it’s not easy for a machine to imitate human writing as the variables are way too many.

I think he wanted specific rules that he’d specify, ie. it shouldn’t have been as difficult as some have said (I think it was more of a text formatter). Maybe he went with the VBA macro thing previously suggested.

Archived