How do you Keep up your moral?

rosslombardi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have lost it…I can call myself successful yet…sorry but after not getting any orders …I can’t do this anymore…I think I’ll by friday…

I have lost it…I can call myself successful yet…sorry but after not getting any orders …I can’t do this anymore

It might help to have some gigs.

Returning to the original question, I don’t have to keep morale up. This is how I pay my bills and feed my family. That’s motivation enough. If success includes loving work all the time and avoiding boredom and tedium, I guess I haven’t reached it yet.

I hated working outside the home for other people. I also have family/life circumstances that make it nearly impossible (disabled child, among other things). Freelancing has been and will continue to be my life until I retire.

I think a large part of success comes from transcending the need for motivation and just buckling down and getting stuff done.

Returning to the original question, I don’t have to keep morale up. This is how I pay my bills and feed my family. That’s motivation enough. If success includes loving work all the time and avoiding boredom and tedium, I guess I haven’t reached it yet.

I hated working outside the home for other people. I also have family/life circumstances that make it nearly impossible (disabled child, among other things). Freelancing has been and will continue to be my life until I retire.

I think a large part of success comes from transcending the need for motivation and just buckling down and getting stuff done.

I hated working outside the home for other people.

Me too! They always held me back. I always was told I was doing too much (making the boss feel insecure.) I actually was told when I sold advertising that I was making too many big sales and to make smaller ones! It’s demoralizing when you are held back from your full capabilities.

Hi!
I’m completely new to the Fiverr game, but I’ve had success in freelancing elsewhere.
I’m not at all making a living wage, but I have other jobs and school that helps with my living. I haven’t given up on freelancing because every dollar I get is a dollar I didn’t have, and it means I can build on it day by day. I can’t expect a large wealth from the start, or from the first or second year even, but the turtle wins the race, right?

If you are able to, financially/physically/mentally, keeping freelancing as a side gig rather than your main source of income has helped me. I don’t plan to switch fully into freelancing until I have enough savings and commissions to rely on in case things still don’t pan out…

I hope this is a bit helpful, sorry if I’ve repeated someone else in the forum!
Good luck!! Keep it up and don’t give up!

You get out of Fiverr what you put into Fiverr.

If morale is an issue then you need to either work harder or get some self belief.

You can only be ‘you’. People will buy into it or not - never take it personally.

But, if you think somebody would employ you in their company for your ability then you absolutely have the ability to do the job for yourself - you just have to find the customers yourself, and that’s the hardest part - and the only part Fiverr will help you with.

I hated working outside the home for other people.

Me too! They always held me back. I always was told I was doing too much (making the boss feel insecure.) I actually was told when I sold advertising that I was making too many big sales and to make smaller ones! It’s demoralizing when you are held back from your full capabilities.

lmfao those are really horrible people you were working for. “Hey! You! Yeah you! You’re making us too much money, tone it back!”

Archived