• Make decent money from it
  • Make it my main source of income so I can work at home

But im extreme introvert so that may not be good for everyone 🙂

// I want to take shit when I want to also, not asking my boss for permission 😂

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some people upset me last night

I’ve seen how you responded to those who upset you… If you get upset so easily, and respond in such a rude, immature and unprofessional way, perhaps freelancing isn’t for you. Then again, acting like that when you feel upset about honest feedback wouldn’t be allowed at a regular job, either.

already quitted…maybe i’ll go find some other job…whatever

I have a panic disorder and actually found being around people beneficial. Although they have to be the right people and I do need months to integrate into the team. It backfired a few times in a pretty bad way but the positive experiences were relatively frequent. I don’t know what you’re going through but overall, I’d recommend not giving up on people. Especially if it’s a difficulty you have to overcome on a regular basis. It’s a bit like training a muscle.

and still avoid the crappy human race

I have bad news for you regarding that. 🙂 You’re still dealing with people. And people are just as difficult. Sometimes even more so when they choose to behave in a way they’d find embarrassing in person.

THIS IS A BIT OFF TOPIC, BUT…

Like any piss poor excuse for a breakup in any cheap sit com, I claim,

“It’s not them, it’s me!”

It is the same here,

It is all me,

(As in it is ‘Me’ that is in the wrong and who is broken, It is NOT the human race’s fault)

It is for their sake I feel I should stay away, not mine.

Unfortunately like any base animal I react to my fear with heightened aggression rather than flight.

As bad as going to work with people might be

A crowded prison would be far worse!

So, it is obviously best for all if I just leave it and keep away from you all in person

Yes, I do deal with people online, but I cannot snap and physically attack them

Additionally

I, kind of, like the way people drop their confusing social convention masks online.

They show their real selves, warts and all, without all the pretence and screwed up unwritten social rules.

Meeting people in person is too confusing, there are a thousand layers of nonsense nuance and contradictory conventions that I will never be able to understand!

You are right, of course.

Humanity should never be given up on,

But, for the sake of the innocent,

I should be!

I think you have wrong approach. Freelancing is not a job it’s a business. You may earn from it 5$ a month or 10000$ a month, nobody cares and it’s all on you. Don’t think you can just snap you fingers and make clients come to you and pay you thousands for projects. You have to step up your game.

Summary

“It may seem like you have no chance, it may seem like it’s over. Never ever quit. If you are quitter I hope you quit right now, because you never make it”.

I think you have wrong approach. Freelancing is not a job it’s a business. You may earn from it 5$ a month or 10000$ a month, nobody cares and it’s all on you. Don’t think you can just snap you fingers and make clients come to you and pay you thousands for projects. You have to step up your game.

Summary

“It may seem like you have no chance, it may seem like it’s over. Never ever quit. If you are quitter I hope you quit right now, because you never make it”.

my bad …I have too much things on my mind right now.

Well in that case I am happy to just achieve 20 K a year worth of sucessful,

The rest I will take in personal fulfilment, creative drive and happiness.

You come across as the sort of person, who pehaps, would not piss on someone who was on fire for as little as 20K a year.

As it would barly keep your fancy BMW running.

But that is your choice, your right and thats OK.

Good for you!

I honestly hope you have a long and happy life.

And it is equaly my choice, my right and it is OK and fine for me to choose to live my life with a very different set of values.

Have a nice life!

Of course though, “if” we had similar skill levels (Dont worry I am sure you are far better than me skill wise) and were both aproched to bid for any work to be done for a registered charity, a nobel or moral cause, you may have difficulty competing with me for the work on price.

Because why I am sure you know what a price looks like with lots of zeros at the end, you might find it hard to imagin or perceive one with lots of zeros at the front instead…

You come across as the sort of person, who pehaps, would not piss on someone who was on fire for as little as 20K a year.

That is grossly inappropriate and does not reflect the tone or the context in which the person you are addressing was speaking.

People only say this when they really mean "I hope Freddy Kruger is real and he gets you."

As someone with mental health issues, please be mindful of the fact that people can find statements like this upsetting, especially when what you write misrepresents (albeit maybe accidentally) a person’s character and personal values.

Good for you!

And it is equaly my choice, my right and it is OK and fine for me to choose to live my life with a very different set of values.

Have a nice life!

Of course though, “if” we had similar skill levels (Dont worry I am sure you are far better than me skill wise) and were both aproched to bid for any work to be done for a registered charity, a nobel or moral cause, you may have difficulty competing with me for the work on price.

Because why I am sure you know what a price looks like with lots of zeros at the end, you might find it hard to imagin or perceive one with lots of zeros at the front instead…

Good for you!

Have a nice life!

I still trying to understand what you tried to say . . .

I learned business since I’m 15 years old, I sold candy mints just because I want to help my parents pay my school bills, then I sold ice chocolate, and then selling food, drinks, tshirt, pants, did photo editing business card, became hosts in some events, selling food again, became basketball coach for kids (that they want to have basketball skill and joining to the club but they can’t because they’re poor), became video editor with just using low spesification, and etc . . . (all in low price and some of free)

Until I realized and my friends said “Dude Stop, You need money for living” raise your price, so, yep I really know what it feels like having a lot of zeros at the front from my experience . . .

That is grossly inappropriate and does not reflect the tone or the context in which the person you are addressing was speaking.

People only say this when they really mean "I hope Freddy Kruger is real and he gets you."

As someone with mental health issues, please be mindful of the fact that people can find statements like this upsetting, especially when what you write misrepresents (albeit maybe accidentally) a person’s character and personal values.

I only took a self defesive stance.

I felt I was being attacked first.

I must have been in error and just paranoid

to be clear though…

“I hope you have a long and healthy life” was NOT meant with any sarcasim!

As for the BMW comment, you are correct, I was be overly judgmental, And for that I do say “Sorry” (Again NOT with any sarcasim!)

Good for you!

Have a nice life!

I still trying to understand what you tried to say . . .

I learned business since I’m 15 years old, I sold candy mints just because I want to help my parents pay my school bills, then I sold ice chocolate, and then selling food, drinks, tshirt, pants, did photo editing business card, became hosts in some events, selling food again, became basketball coach for kids (that they want to have basketball skill and joining to the club but they can’t because they’re poor), became video editor with just using low spesification, and etc . . . (all in low price and some of free)

Until I realized and my friends said “Dude Stop, You need money for living” raise your price, so, yep I really know what it feels like having a lot of zeros at the front from my experience . . .

I only took a self-defensive stance.

to be clear…

“I hope you have a long and healthy life” was NOT meant with any sarcasm!

As for the BMW comment, you are correct, I was being overly judgmental, And for that, I do say “Sorry” (Again NOT with any sarcasm!)

to be clear though…

“I hope you have a long and healthy life” was NOT meant with any sarcasim!

As for the BMW comment, you are correct, I was be overly judgmental, And for that I do say “Sorry” (Again NOT with any sarcasim!)

Why, because silveni said money IS important because we should be able to support ourselves instead of taking our parents’ money?

to be clear…

“I hope you have a long and healthy life” was NOT meant with any sarcasm!

As for the BMW comment, you are correct, I was being overly judgmental, And for that, I do say “Sorry” (Again NOT with any sarcasm!)

Please let me know which part’s attacking you.

Yep, maybe, it’s ok, we’re all can be error and paranoid.

well I’m new to Fiverr and my last attempt at freelance writing was a failure. I’m willing to work for less on a job I find enjoyable but no way was I going to continue writing garbage (read as grammatically incorrect SEO articles) for pennies on the dollar. I think things will be better this time, Fiverr is just a better place to work out of than where I was before.

That said, what keeps me going is my desire to see changes in the world before I die. What keeps me away from corporate jobs is my pride and sense of self-worth. I may be willing to work for minimum wage as a writer but I’m not going to work a crappy fast food job for minimum wage, I’m worth more than that.

As I openly admitted,

And I have said sorry.

As I openly admitted,

And I have said sorry.

I’m sorry too if any of my words here making you or anyone in here become error and paranoid.

Freddy Kruger

Lol, if I’m not wrong, I knew Freddy Kruger from Friday 13th (Movie series).

As I openly admitted,

And I have said sorry.

I’m sorry too if any of my words here making you or anyone in here become error and paranoid.

The main part of paranoia is that it is a wholey irrational fear responce,

(That why its “paranoia*” and not “awarness”)

So it will not have been anything you said, ONLY what i pecived to be implied (Which as it was paranoia was ONLY EVER in my own head and NEVER REALLY existed in the first place!)

So I am the only one that has any reason to be sorry…

so again

sorry

So it will not have been anything you said, ONLY what i pecived to be implied (Which as it was paranoia was ONLY EVER in my own head and NEVER REALLY existed in the first place!)

so again

sorry

It’s ok, I have paranoid / paranoia too especially when having to pay bills.

so again

sorry

The main part of parinoia is that it is a wholey irrational fear responce,

It’s only irrational until the creepy tap dripping sound coming from the bathroom really does turn out to be the sound of saliva dripping from the teeth of a home intruder hiding in the air vent.

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean it’s not real. 😉

It’s only irrational until the creepy tap dripping sound coming from the bathroom really does turn out to be the sound of saliva dripping from the teeth of a home intruder hiding in the air vent.

193290_2.png cyaxrex:

Oh man, I just understood why you are writer :star_struck:

This line was epic

I think somebody should close this topic as it’s not even related to question.

Maybe

Although I am genuinely sorry

But it is not a total waste!

Some of those line were not bad,

And that last line about the zeros, is deffinately being cut and pasted into one of my charactrers mouth, in some future bit of ficiton I write!

So not a total loss! 🙂

Just a thought

What tips do fellow Frelanceer have for keeping up their morale and resisting quitting and going to work for more money but with much less fulfilling lives?

I am sure there are those of you who are super successful, but EVERYONE has moments of self-doubt and starts out with a desert of no work!

Id love to hear from the more successful members some truly inspirational stories about when they realised that life had “Turned a Corner” and that they could finally call themselves a successful freelancer?

That lovely golden moment when they had the Epiphany that they would never have to go back to a 9 to 5 uncreative job at an office (or office equivalent) ever again!

It would help me give me a little much-needed hope…

PS

To clarify how I define “successful”

It is NOT about the money

It is about avoiding boredom and tedium

(And to a much lesser extent, having to deal with ‘people’ ‘face to face’)

I just want to earn the equivalent of a full-time minimum wage job to pay the bills

But to be able to earn that by spending my short mortal life being stimulated and creative

(Instead of being constantly bored out of my skull!)

THAT IS HOW I DEFINE “SUCCESSFUL FREELANCER”

but EVERYONE has moments of self-doubt

So now you are on moment of self-doubt, why you are making decision?

to work for more money but with much less fulfilling lives?

It doesn’t matter what you are working if your goal is money.

Id love to hear from the more successful members some truly inspirational stories about when they realised that life had “Turned a Corner” and that they could finally call themselves a successful freelancer?

"The obstacle is the way." Who can keep trying and trying he is successful.

It is about avoiding boredom and tedium

Accept the fact there are moments of boredom, that’s happiness."

I think this is the moral itself, by replying the comments we’re forgot why we’re here, why buyers not buying our gigs 😂

“Do the best and Money will follow”

hmm, I need to keep the quote and selling it in somewhere.

Not just any saliva!

But special Silveni Saliva!

That buyer realy, Really, REALLY should have paid his Gig bill!

But now…

Its to late!

And all the authorities will ever find,

Is a bloody invoice,

with,

“Payment Made”

Scrawled in the victims own spinal fluid!

Archived