How to choose colors for your gig image?

michal247

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This topic is part 2 of Use color psychology to improve your gig. If you didn’t read it, please do it before you get into this one as I covered many color basics over there. Many people got interested in this topic and this is why I made continuation. Now enough chit-chat 🙂

Colors on computer monitor are made by combination of 3 basic colors: red, green and blue.

We can use currently 16,777,216 colors in web and there are three popular methods of choosing colors in most graphic tools. It’s important to understand them, because you may have graphic tool where there is no color picker, and you may need to insert color values manually. I discovered also that using this methods often finds much better color shades 😉 You need to know about them too if you want to use color palettes tools which will help you find great shades of colors. And this topic is a must know knowledge for somebody that works as a web developer or graphic designer.

RGB - Red, Green, Blue

Values of colors red, green and blue are inserted as numbers within 0 to 255 of each color.

Examples:

• 255, 166, 0

sadfsafasfsasadasassa

• 0, 47, 255

sadfsafasfsasadasassasda.jpg.be787e2434e02dbc020ee7148634959e.jpg

• 255, 0, 144

sadfsafasfsasadasassasdasda

HEX - hexadecimal

Values of colors red, green, blue are inserted in hexadecimal values. Every color have 2 numbers in value. Values from smallest to largest: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F. Letters don’t need to be caps.

Examples:

• #FF0000

sadfsafasfsa

• #00FFD8

sadfsafasfsasadas

• #E500FF

sadfsafasfsasadasas

Predefined colors

You can also use predefined color names. Now i don’t recommend this method as it allows only 147 basic colors, which is really limited number considering other methods.

Examples:

• Red

sadfsafasfsa

• MediumSeaGreen

sadfsafasfsasadasassasdassada

• CornflowerBlue

sadfsafasfsasadassaassdsasdassada

0, 47, 255

sadfsafasfsasadasassasda.jpg.be787e2434e02dbc020ee7148634959e.jpg

I like this one. It’s a very eye-catching color for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...