Use color psychology to improve your gig

michal247

Hi, as a graphic designer you want to look as a creative person. So orange and yellow fits. We don’t want to have our gig images too colorful tho, so maybe orange + white or yellow + white?

You can even dig deeper and for example if your target market is mostly made of males then you can utilize that and use colors that most of man likes, like blue.

Hi, as a graphic designer you want to look as a creative person. So orange and yellow fits. We don’t want to have our gig images too colorful tho, so maybe orange + white or yellow + white?

You can even dig deeper and for example if your target market is mostly made of males then you can utilize that and use colors that most of man likes, like blue.

Okay Sir! Thank you…

• Like 21

Good advice… It’s important to make your gig pic more attention grabbing than your competitors. You need to make it so it attracts more eyballs than the rest of the gigs on the page. So that amongst all the other gigs buyers instantly see yours above all the others…

I saw my competitors where using dull, brown colors etc. So I made mine really vibrant, yellow and black so you see it instantly amongst all the rest.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

oh wow. i used these colors for my gig without even thinking about this color phycology. i just used them because it felt good. and because these colors somehow describes me and my work. but now its good to know the phycology behind it. thanks, it was indeed a help full post.

• Like 19

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 5:42 PM, the_mad_duck said:

What do you think of purple? I saw it wasn’t listed.

Sorry for late reply

Purple is similiar to black - relates to luxury products & services. That's why a lot of chocolate companies uses it, perceiving buyers into thinking that eating their chocolate is a luxury :D

• Like 16

• 1 month later...

I was learning psychology for two years. But I’m always interested in colors aspects. This kind of vision is around everyone. Strange concept how human sees the world, things, what colors are forward one pair of eyes. So, colors can describe person, self character, what your favorite color says about you.

• Like 16

So-called "happy colors" can describe a light design, such as a website. Most sites use light themes. For Internet users, it looks more natural and warm. "Sad colors" or dark colors can be used on sites for gamers or programmers, where people need to focus on the content and not on the overall presentation, dark colors may not distract from the context. This article describes well the behavior of people and the correspondence of a person's vision of his favorite color and answers the question of what your favorite color says about you: https://calmerry.com/blog/psychologists/color-coded-what-does-your-favorite-color-say-about-you/. Scientists study the psychology of colors and how it affects the behavior of people it describes.

• Like 15