Customer Requests over 10 revisions

ericakoselke

Yes, that’s what I have learned from Fiverr:

Never include unlimited revisions in your gig. People (and most scammers) would use this and cause your troubles later.

Always communicate with your client about the project. Keep him updated, but don’t expect him to reply back. Some clients are busy, and some are least interested in small updates. But an update can save your life. Maybe you interpreted something else and client want something different. So, in that case (hopefully) he would get you back on tracks.

Keep following up with him when you deliver if he doesn’t reply. In my opinion, client should and definitely should revert back when you deliver him, but just in case he doesn’t, just keep following up with him every 6 hours or so if he doesn’t revert back. Maybe follow up with explaining something more about the delivery.

In between of the project, if you feel that this is going bad and you may have to cancel or extend the delivery, just communicate with the client. Updating the client through out the process if very important and is worth to do.

Also approach CS frequently. Those people are getting paid to help us, right? Just use them and explain them each and every thing. They would normally reply within a day.

At the end, if it’s 100% sure that either cancel the order or have a 1 star review, just compare it with the amount of reviews you have and the order amount. Whatever looks fair to you, just proceed with it. Cancelling order and getting a 1 star review is quite similar to Fiverr’s algorithm according to me, but the order amount really matters.

Just a short story, it’s off-topic: I got an order of creating a script and setting up on the client’s computer. I completed the script but failed to set up the script on the client’s computer. The order amout was just $15 and I tried to handle the situation with above points mentioned. At last, I chose money (well, that was a mistake!) and the client gave me one-star review. 😦 I couldn’t repond to buyer’s request, nor I was getting any orders. It would have been better, if I just had cancelled the order and maybe, I could have earned more money than $15. I had just started at that time so it didn’t strike me.

Anyway, coming back…

If you follow these points, hopefully you will never face this situation again 🙂

The only reason the gig shows unlimited revisions is because every job I do is different - time wise. So I create a custom order for every one. His specifically said 5 revisions because it was going to be hundreds of dollars. Another reason why I won’t cancel it. I could message him 6 times a day and he won’t respond until just shortly before the 3 day time limit where the job will automatically be accepted. He knows what he’s doing and he’s trying to draw it out or have me cancel. Not going to happen. I spent too much time and effort to have what feels like PTSD every time i see an email come from fiverr that says “We’ve got news about your order…” which means he’s placed another revision. Why Fiverr doesn’t allow actual revision caps, I have no clue. The seller has no protection from customers doing this… very frustrating.

I’m going to change the gig to reflect a certain amount of revisions but for now, there’s not much I can do. I’ve already completed everything.

The only reason the gig shows unlimited revisions is because every job I do is different - time wise. So I create a custom order for every one. His specifically said 5 revisions because it was going to be hundreds of dollars. Another reason why I won’t cancel it. I could message him 6 times a day and he won’t respond until just shortly before the 3 day time limit where the job will automatically be accepted. He knows what he’s doing and he’s trying to draw it out or have me cancel. Not going to happen. I spent too much time and effort to have what feels like PTSD every time i see an email come from fiverr that says “We’ve got news about your order…” which means he’s placed another revision. Why Fiverr doesn’t allow actual revision caps, I have no clue. The seller has no protection from customers doing this… very frustrating.

I’m going to change the gig to reflect a certain amount of revisions but for now, there’s not much I can do. I’ve already completed everything.

Ok, so now you should better choose money and contact CS and ask them to do something about the issue. Maybe they will contact the buyer and sort out the situation… 🙂

Good luck!

Read again. If he doesn’t revert back!

Read again. IF HE DOESN’T REVERT BACK!

I’ve read it the first time, there’s no need to yell. Pestering someone every 6 hours until they respond is annoying, and you could get a lower rating because of that.

Buyers are not glued to their computers/phones/Fiverr. They could be at work and unable to respond. They could be gone for the weekend and unwilling to interrupt the time with their family to respond to an impatient freelancer. They could be handling a family emergency, like rushing a family member to a hospital and then staying with them all night, and literally hate you for repeatedly messaging them at that time.

Unless they’ve told you to message them often, messaging them every 6 hours is unlikely to be welcome.

Read again. IF HE DOESN’T REVERT BACK!

I’ve read it the first time, there’s no need to yell. Pestering someone every 6 hours until they respond is annoying, and you could get a lower rating because of that.

Buyers are not glued to their computers/phones/Fiverr. They could be at work and unable to respond. They could be gone for the weekend and unwilling to interrupt the time with their family to respond to an impatient freelancer. They could be handling a family emergency, like rushing a family member to a hospital and then staying with them all night, and literally hate you for repeatedly messaging them at that time.

Unless they’ve told you to message them often, messaging them every 6 hours is unlikely to be welcome.

Oh, so sorry, I am not yelling, I edited the message. Not reverting back doesn’t mean strictly message every 6 hours. Just check the last seen time as well. If you think they should have replied by now as they were online few minutes ago, only then message them. Be a human and not a robot to just message them every 6 hours or so… Hope you are getting my point?

Oh, so sorry, I am not yelling, I edited the message. Not reverting back doesn’t mean strictly message every 6 hours. Just check the last seen time as well. If you think they should have replied by now as they were online few minutes ago, only then message them. Be a human and not a robot to just message them every 6 hours or so… Hope you are getting my point?

I get it… I wouldn’t message them more than once a day, or every two days, but that’s me.

240726185_nohelp.JPG.d52649bbbf3c4bc236275dcace2be29c.JPG

and here we are again with CS not doing anything to help me. This is a different person than the orignal CS rep who said they’d step in. This is why I have the feeling of never wanting to use Fiverr again. Now I have to explain to her that I’ve already done this several times and wait god knows how long for her to respond with a non-helping response.

no help

and here we are again with CS not doing anything to help me. This is a different person than the orignal CS rep who said they’d step in. This is why I have the feeling of never wanting to use Fiverr again. Now I have to explain to her that I’ve already done this several times and wait god knows how long for her to respond with a non-helping response.

Your buyer is probably not going to change at this point, so now you have to weigh your options. Which is more important to you: receiving the funds for the order, by any means necessary? or cutting your losses and saving your time and stress?

I know what I’d personally choose, I’m not afraid to cut my losses and lose out on money now and then, but that’s because my mental health is my #1 priority. Also, it genuinely sounds like your buyer will never be satisfied - are you willing to spend weeks or months stressing over this?

— It may be worth responding to that CS ticket by asking to be put back in touch with the rep who said they’d intervene - put a screenshot in there and say this is the avenue you’re 100% sure you want to take.

no help

It could turn into a whack-a-mole, they demand a revision, you redeliver the old work (with the list of what was requested and what you delivered), they demand a revision again, you redeliver with the addition of the list again… They might eventually give up, once they realize that no, you are not going to keep working for free.

CS at this point is a joke. This will be the last gig i do on this shit platform. There’s 0 protection for the seller. I now have 14 requested revisions out of 5 offered and he’s broken the TOS 2 times now by using my work twice. I got a warning from Fiverr because they said I was “spamming the deliver button”!!! No, I was using the deliver button to tell the customer his gig is complete - he just didn’t like it. I submitted a formal complaint through fiverr again… with 5 screen shots and again more details and I know it’s going to be for nothing. Why am I getting a warning for “breaking tos by spamming the button” but he gets nothing and he’s broken the TOS 2 times…

The only reason I haven’t canceled the job is because its nearly $500 and about 24 hours of work put into it. I don’t care if he leaves me a shit review, the gig will be deleted as soon as he completes the order. I’m so tired of CS not helping sellers, I’ve gone above and beyond and i get a warning.

When I look at your current gig (“I will draft your structural steel or rebar jobs in cad”) it shows unlimited revisions on all 3 packages. I’d change that so it’s less, especially if you’re having people ask for too many revisions. Assuming that’s the gig you’re talking about. But it’s probably not good to put unlimited free revisions on any gig.

But if they have asked for more revisions than your gig offered you could let them know (I’m not sure if you can re-deliver the same thing if they’ve asked for many more revisions than you offered. If you can you could do that. Though it could be worth checking first with CS if that’s okay.).

Contacting CS is a good option. If you have already, what did they say about this situation?

But if it’s worth hundreds of $ if might be worth just continuing anyway or another option is requesting to cancel but that would affect your stats (unless CS made it not do).

You could just say that you can only revise it if they pay the required fee for the extra but that’s up to you (probably be careful how you word it, maybe just offer an exrtra on the order and say you can only do the revision if they accept that extra). If they were simple changes and it’s an expensive order I’d probably just continue anyway and do a few more revisions. It’s up to you though.

Also I don’t think this job has currently affected completion rate as it’s in progress. I thought completion rate only counted complete vs cancelled orders and this order is neither of those yet.

Also I don’t think this job has currently affected completion rate as it’s in progress. I thought completion rate only counted complete vs cancelled orders and this order is neither of those yet.

I think it is fact. In one order I did 12 revisions within 24 days. But my completion rate was not affected.

CS at this point is a joke. This will be the last gig i do on this shit platform. There’s 0 protection for the seller. I now have 14 requested revisions out of 5 offered and he’s broken the TOS 2 times now by using my work twice. I got a warning from Fiverr because they said I was “spamming the deliver button”!!! No, I was using the deliver button to tell the customer his gig is complete - he just didn’t like it. I submitted a formal complaint through fiverr again… with 5 screen shots and again more details and I know it’s going to be for nothing. Why am I getting a warning for “breaking tos by spamming the button” but he gets nothing and he’s broken the TOS 2 times…

The only reason I haven’t canceled the job is because its nearly $500 and about 24 hours of work put into it. I don’t care if he leaves me a shit review, the gig will be deleted as soon as he completes the order. I’m so tired of CS not helping sellers, I’ve gone above and beyond and i get a warning.

No, I was using the deliver button to tell the customer his gig is complete - he just didn’t like it.

Did you redeliver the work every time you used the deliver button?

See, to be honest, Fiverr is always on buyer’s side, because they are gonna get money from them, not you. So, it’s just upto you. Either you change some delivery items and then re-deliver it with different delivery text and maybe then you won’t get warnings.

I know Fiverr is becoming a lot shit, but if you want to earn money, you will have to follow their rules. If they have said you have broken some rule, accept it (even if you hadn’t, (because it is just how it works) ).

I know the order amount is a lot, so just keep patience and keep following up with CS instead of the buyer.

Your buyer seems a scamster to me, so just relax, keep taking deep breaths and keep following up with CS and keep discussing the issue with them. Never tell them everything all at once, because then you won’t have anything other to tell them and they may even close the issue. Tell them slowly and steadily.

You have to work out on this, and it’s would be even better to quit Fiverr if you are having these issues quite frequently. I am gonna quit soon. I had got warnings in the past, even though I didn’t do anything, so if they do it again, and it drops my level again, or something big happens, I am out too 🙂

So good luck, and let us know how you tackle this 🙂

Archived