Time Zone Doesn't match with location

m_hussain_320

Hello everyone,

I’ve found something today.One of the seller ID is showing that he is from UK but the time zone showing on his ID is +8 GTM.Can you explain the cause?

Thank You.

Can you explain the cause?

The most common reason is that they’re faking their country (by using VPN) and hope that they will get more orders that way.

Another common reason is traveling, especially if they’re a digital nomad.

The most common reason is that they’re faking their country (by using VPN) and hope that they will get more orders that way.

hmm…Thank U.But why fiverr doesn’t notice this?

especially if they’re a digital nomad.

That’s me! I split my time between two countries and so my time zone changes by 8 hours every little while.

Thank U…But Is it legal using VPN?

But Is it legal using VPN?

It can bring you problems. Also, you’re supposed to be honest about yourself, your skills, your country…

But why fiverr doesn’t notice this?

They did notice it, and they’ve introduced phone verification. A lot of people had trouble verifying their accounts when they did that.

That’s me! :raising_hand_woman:

My countries and time zones used to change every time I travelled to a new country but since ID verification fiverr just kept a country where my ID was issued even though I was in a different place.

I was talking to someone who was supposed to be from the US like me, and as we talked his time zone changed suddenly to 12 hours ahead of mine. Then when I mentioned it to him it changed back to my time zone.

I was talking to someone who was supposed to be from the US like me, and as we talked his time zone changed suddenly to 12 hours ahead of mine. Then when I mentioned it to him it changed back to my time zone.

I am talking about the person who changed his time 12 hours ahead of you.Anyways forget it.Never mind.

I am talking about the person who changed his time 12 hours ahead of you.Anyways forget it.Never mind.

More likely just using vpn.

Archived