Why not a "Delivered in one hour when online" gig extra on Fiverr?

cristiscutaru

I remember the massive number of complaints on the forum that the sellers couldn’t message back in the five minutes they were given and therefore were barred from using the feature again.

Sellers would turn on the feature then leave and do something else and not bother to answer in the few minutes they were given. Almost no one could use it as it was meant to be used.

It required sellers to sit at their computer while that feature was turned on and not take their eyes off it.

You all raise the communication issue and that’s where the main problem is.

Sorry about the constant parallels to McDonald’s, but imagine those employees spending so much time in communicating with the customer: it wouldn’t be fast food delivery anymore.

So, if we know the issue, there are ways to cut it off. The clock could simply start after the proper requirements, and stop before any potential revision.

All I’m saying is it is feasible. The previous feature was not properly implemented, from what you all say.

All I’m saying is it is feasible. The previous feature was not properly implemented, from what you all say.

I agree with you. I think that the Fiverr system needs a pretty major overhaul before something like this is ready to work, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t/shouldn’t happen.

I notice that there’s major discrepancies when it comes to messages. I’ll receive a message from a client, then 2 minutes later they’ll be offline, with a note saying “last seen 48 minutes ago” or something like that. I notice odd little bugs like that all over the place, especially when it comes to messaging. I just get the impression that the messaging system could do with being rebuilt from the ground-up. I think if Fiverr could get their messaging service more akin to something like s-k-y-p-e, complete with some kind of voice/video communication, you’d be able to roll something like this out more comfortably.

There’d also have to be some serious thought to how pricing would work. We could turn around a lot in an hour, but a 1,000 word script, complete with audio sync for example, would be a stretch. But I agree with you that clients want this - and it means they can see the cost up-front before they message us, rather than messaging us only to get a nasty surprise when we name our rates to drop everything!

Like I say, none of these are reasons not to do it, so let’s hope we see it in the future! I totally agree with your McDonalds analogy, for some clients there’s huge value in a fast turnaround.

• 1 year later...

Archived