Is there any option to stop auto start order?

sarmadrizvi24

There should be a policy applied on it, the seller have only 10 to 15 minutes to accept or reject the order or it will start automatically 😃

Or, there should be an option, the one who switched on that option will be asked for first, or the rest will receive orders directly 😃

Many sellers like me, @gina_riley2, @cristiscutaru can switch that option on in their profile 😃 I know its an imaginations or ideas.

In short, there is no option! We have to deliver whenever buyer wants even we have already 5 orders in queue. Seller have no option to control the 6th upcoming order.

Thanks for tagging me but I’m not a seller.

I am a very enthusiastic buyer on 5r. 🙂

There should be a policy applied on it, the seller have only 10 to 15 minutes to accept or reject the order or it will start automatically 😃

Or, there should be an option, the one who switched on that option will be asked for first, or the rest will receive orders directly 😃

Many sellers like me, @gina_riley2, @cristiscutaru can switch that option on in their profile 😃 I know its an imaginations or ideas.

In short, there is no option! We have to deliver whenever buyer wants even we have already 5 orders in queue. Seller have no option to control the 6th upcoming order.

There should be a policy applied on it, the seller have only 10 to 15 minutes to accept or reject the order or it will start automatically

And how would it help you if you were sleeping, or unable to reject the order within 30 minutes for whatever reason?

Anyway, Fiverr is created around the idea that buyers can browse through gigs, see something they like, buy it, and get the work done by the deadline stated in the gig. It’s browse-buy-done, not browse-wait for the seller to tell you if they’re in the mood-look for another seller-rinse and repeat-hopefully done at some point. Also, buyers are not obliged to contact sellers first, or to wait for them to wake up/become available.

In short, when you decide about the delivery time, take into consideration not only the time it would take you to complete that task if you were instantly available and had nothing else to do at the moment, but also the possibility of sleeping, being occupied elsewhere, a power outage or internet going down, having 20 orders in queue…

It’s definitely wise to take your sleep and rest in delivery time into account.
…or you can also pause the Gig before going to sleep and then unpause it when you wake up - not sure how that would affect your stats though.

Try to make it perfectly clear in your Gig description of what you offer and what the buyer can expect. If you ever get unrealistic demands, buyer that didn’t read your Gig description and can’t really negotiate further, so IF the only option is to cancel, it would be wise to contact customer support to do this for you because I heard that they can sometimes do it without harming your ratings, depending on the situation.

There should be a policy applied on it, the seller have only 10 to 15 minutes to accept or reject the order or it will start automatically

And how would it help you if you were sleeping, or unable to reject the order within 30 minutes for whatever reason?

Anyway, Fiverr is created around the idea that buyers can browse through gigs, see something they like, buy it, and get the work done by the deadline stated in the gig. It’s browse-buy-done, not browse-wait for the seller to tell you if they’re in the mood-look for another seller-rinse and repeat-hopefully done at some point. Also, buyers are not obliged to contact sellers first, or to wait for them to wake up/become available.

In short, when you decide about the delivery time, take into consideration not only the time it would take you to complete that task if you were instantly available and had nothing else to do at the moment, but also the possibility of sleeping, being occupied elsewhere, a power outage or internet going down, having 20 orders in queue…

Yes you are right.

I was just asking if there is any solution or not. But yes I got many solutions from you all and that’s what I am looking.

Thanks alot for everyone for sharing your views. Indeed, we have to think before marking the deadline in our gig as it is our issue not buyers issue.

I accept and thankful to all of you for being a part of this topic.

I am not here for any kind of debate or violating any thing, just wish to ask if there is anything from which I am not aware, please share it. And yes all play a great role by providing your views on it. I really appreciate you all.

Thanks alot once again.

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2020 at 6:29 AM, sarmadrizvi24 said:

Hello Everyone,

Hope your all are doing good.

Actually, I am in need to know is there any option to stop auto order start process?

Let me share or clear what actually I want to know,

Many times it happens, buyer place the order from our gig and we received a notification abc just place an order, click here to view etc etc, and it automatically get started. I think there should be an option to confirm from the both sides at that time, because in some gigs we mention the delivery time as 1 day, and we unexpectedly receive the order at any time and incase of busy at that moment we will go in tens somehow.

Also, many times buyers place the order with a huge needs, that we have not mentioned in our gigs or we are not able to deliver that as buyer did not discuss that earlier, just placed the order and after placing start the discussion and we come to know we are not able to do that. In that case only option left is to cancel the order and it will give a negative impact on Seller’s profile.

So, as per my thinking there should be an option or may be I wasn’t aware with that. I searched that on forum as well but I haven’t found any suitable answer. So, I think this is the best platform from where you all guys and gurls can share if there is any thing like that available, on that we have control too. Or also, you can share your experiences if you faced same thing before.

Best regards,

Agreed, say what u will, people use this option to add more than you offer. There is no verification that their work can actually be done in the time frame the buyer "thinks" it can be finished in nor verification that their project follows your terms. Then it counts against you to cancel the order. That's forcing someone into it. Would it be that hard to ask for verification before the order starts? All I want is a button to say, I approve. It's not complaining, it's obvious, orders get approved or people can order anything and claim it's something easier and cheaper. Buyers don't know your time frame or current work load, they want cheap. If you're going to take 20% profit every time fiverr, help your assets not just buyers!

Archived