Please don't open any file sent from buyer before Scanning

clumsyshafiq

I assume you mean from someone who hasn’t ordered from you. The fact that it is an iso file itself is a red flag, as is someone sending you a file without them having an order with you.

Never open a file from someone who isn’t your client. Even if it isn’t a scam or virus, it is really unreasonable for someone to do that.

I assume you mean from someone who hasn’t ordered from you. The fact that it is an iso file itself is a red flag, as is someone sending you a file without them having an order with you.

Never open a file from someone who isn’t your client. Even if it isn’t a scam or virus, it is really unreasonable for someone to do that.

yeah. tha iso file made me suspicious.

I mean it should be .png,.jpg ,doc, or something like this.

why does it need to be .iso file?

That’s why I scanned it.

Also I downloaded to open because he said ,“Check the file and let me know if you can complete the work”

yeah. tha iso file made me suspicious.

I mean it should be .png,.jpg ,doc, or something like this.

why does it need to be .iso file?

That’s why I scanned it.

Also I downloaded to open because he said ,“Check the file and let me know if you can complete the work”

Yeah there is no reason they would need to send that kind of file. Files are only to help you understand the requirements and fulfill them – and only sent when an order is active. An iso file wouldn’t do any of those things.

You should even be careful with doc and excel files as some may contain malicious macros etc. that can infect your system. Just use common sense and screen the sender for obvious clues, like when was the profile created etc.

Noted.

Thank you soo much for the tip.

I will notice from next time

Archived