People abusing Basic Package Orders demanding Premium Package Quality

cyriit

Hey there,

Recently I’ve been getting a lot of orders of my basic package. Users didn’t contact me prior (my gig states that they should) and demand more than what the basic package provides for. As I’ve read quite a bit regarding the negative effects of canceling orders, I’m afraid to cancel those requests as I have no idea what the consequences in the search algorithm might be.

I was wondering how you guys deal with such orders? Do you actively use the resolution center or do you just go along with it? I don’t want to edit (raise prices, delivery times) my basic package yet as it drives a lot of traffic I think, but I just don’t have the time for this.

I would love to hear about your experiences in this regard!

Best Regards,

You could try adding an extra to cover the cost and see if they’ll accept (saying what they’re asking is only available on the premium package). Or do it anyway (though you’d lose out on money). Or contact CS and let them know they’re asking for more than is supplied with the package and you could ask if they could cancel it without it affecting stats.

Or let the buyer know, and ask what they want to do (whether they want to pay to increase it the premium package cost) or cancel or they want to change the requirements to what’s in the package they bought (if that can be done re: TOS) - by specifying different requirements in the order page as a post.

To be honest, I don’t know much about graphic design and I know nothing about photo retouching. As a result, I would not know which of your packages to choose and to me, they all sound kind of similar.

One solution is to make each package sound more distinctive. I used to have different writing packages for 300 and 500 words of content. Nobody would order my 500 word package, but everyone would expect 500-words or more with basic orders.

In the end, I upped my basic price and completely changed my standard gig package to make it clear it offers a different product. Now I don’t really have this problem. If I do, I can also point out when people ask that the basic gig they have ordered does not include extras like meta descriptions or images.

All that said, if I get a buyer who orders a cheaper package ‘supposedly’ by mistake, I usually deliver what they ask for. If though. they do this a second time, I cancel the order or block the buyer after delivery. Once is a mistake. Twice is someone sticking their middle finger up saying "ha ha, I found a way to get what I want cheaper and you can’t do anything."

You could try adding an extra to cover the cost and see if they’ll accept (saying what they’re asking is only available on the premium package). Or do it anyway (though you’d lose out on money). Or contact CS and let them know they’re asking for more than is supplied with the package and you could ask if they could cancel it without it affecting stats.

Or let the buyer know, and ask what they want to do (whether they want to pay to increase it the premium package cost) or cancel or they want to change the requirements to what’s in the package they bought (if that can be done re: TOS) - by specifying different requirements in the order page as a post.

Thanks for you insight as always ❤️

Doesn’t asking for an extra risk cancelation or are people in general reasonable when it comes to this? Did you have any encounters with the CS in this regard so far? If so, how has it been? Where they understanding or rather harsh? I feel like my category (photoshop & photography) is hard to understand for an outsider. Only someone who does it, can rate how hard or easy a request can be fullfilled I think. So I imagine explaining it to a CS employee could be quiet challenging.)

Doesn’t asking for an extra risk cancelation or are people in general reasonable when it comes to this? Did you have any encounters with the CS in this regard so far? If so, how has it been? Where they understanding or rather harsh? I feel like my category (photoshop & photography) is hard to understand for an outsider. Only someone who does it, can rate how hard or easy a request can be fullfilled I think. So I imagine explaining it to a CS employee could be quiet challenging.)

I’ve only asked CS to cancel an order once I think (at least recently, that I can remember), when the buyer ordered something that was totally not to do with what I provide in the gig. So I assume you could do the same if it’s not provided with the package selected. I asked if it could not affect stats but they said that something like it can’t be guaranteed and it works however the system works or something, but it didn’t change the dashboard/analytics stats after the cancellation.

edit: CS cancelled it with their first post and were very good about it, after I’d described how what was put in the requirements was nothing to do with my gig.

In other times I think I’ve just done it when they’ve asked for more than what was in the package bought (or what the offer was for), but I might not in future it would depend.

To be honest, I don’t know much about graphic design and I know nothing about photo retouching. As a result, I would not know which of your packages to choose and to me, they all sound kind of similar.

One solution is to make each package sound more distinctive. I used to have different writing packages for 300 and 500 words of content. Nobody would order my 500 word package, but everyone would expect 500-words or more with basic orders.

In the end, I upped my basic price and completely changed my standard gig package to make it clear it offers a different product. Now I don’t really have this problem. If I do, I can also point out when people ask that the basic gig they have ordered does not include extras like meta descriptions or images.

All that said, if I get a buyer who orders a cheaper package ‘supposedly’ by mistake, I usually deliver what they ask for. If though. they do this a second time, I cancel the order or block the buyer after delivery. Once is a mistake. Twice is someone sticking their middle finger up saying "ha ha, I found a way to get what I want cheaper and you can’t do anything."

To be honest, I don’t know much about graphic design and I know nothing about photo retouching. As a result, I would not know which of your packages to choose and to me, they all sound kind of similar

I haven’t thought about it this way. It actually might be me who’s causing this 😃 I’ve previously added a more detailed description of the packages in my FAQ section, but I think it could be improved. Thanks for the observation. I will put that on my to-do list!

That’s what I’m trying to do: Basic is for technical problem solving, Standard+Premium should be for creative tasks, but I guess people can interpret technical problem solving any way they want. Once I’m lvl 2 I will raise my basic package prices, so those random basic package orders will be more bearable. I like your approach to them as well, but I had to do some 20 hr workdays recently because I didn’t want to ruin my statistics by canceling. That can’t go on for much longer 😃

I’ve only asked CS to cancel an order once I think (at least recently, that I can remember), when the buyer ordered something that was totally not to do with what I provide in the gig. So I assume you could do the same if it’s not provided with the package selected. I asked if it could not affect stats but they said that something like it can’t be guaranteed and it works however the system works or something, but it didn’t change the dashboard/analytics stats after the cancellation.

edit: CS cancelled it with their first post and were very good about it, after I’d described how what was put in the requirements was nothing to do with my gig.

In other times I think I’ve just done it when they’ve asked for more than what was in the package bought (or what the offer was for), but I might not in future it would depend.

Thanks for the information! Yeah, I feel like CS sometimes can be very ‘by-the-book’ and they don’t look much at the specifics of your individual case, so I assume requests to cancel might not work out so well for us sellers - but that’s just a feeling. And yeah, seems like we all kinda go along with it. Wish Fiverr would integrate a feature, where the sellers can accept or decline orders.

Never let someone exploit you to protect your rating.

You will never make good money here if you do plus you enable awful people.

I give a polite ultimatum: accept a resolution that would pay for the extra things they want or cancel.

And always know what they want before you start so it isn’t a waste if you have to cancel.

I do my best to assume the people who do that didn’t read the gig description well or didn’t know how to order more than the gig offered, and with that attitude in mind, send an extra. Works well usually but I guess it depends a lot on who your customers are. Worth a try in any case before you cancel.
And yes, if you can’t save the order like that and want to cancel, ask support to do it for you, for the best chance to not have it count against your stats.

Not to be a pessimist, but what will they do if the buyer mismarks it?

what will they do if the buyer mismarks it?

You can ask for a clarification from the buyer as if they wanted to pay for the premium package as they have selected wrong “Package Name” in one of the order requirement which doesn’t match with the order price.

what will they do if the buyer mismarks it?

You can ask for a clarification from the buyer as if they wanted to pay for the premium package as they have selected wrong “Package Name” in one of the order requirement which doesn’t match with the order price.

I like that! :ok_hand:t5:

I like that! :ok_hand:t5:

@rahulgraphics I like your idea no idea why you deleted that. I don’t have packages but it’s super.

The seller can send additional extras offers to match what the buyer is demanding.

I also faced this many times, and the end result for most of the basic package order was cancellation. and the one of the most common common reason is insufficient information I got and sometimes they refused to provide additional information or didn’t get back to me for days.

What I have done is increase the number of days of basic package and briefly describe the package.

Using packages is a bad idea for this reason among others, such as being confusing.

When a buyer adds extras to an order he knows what he is getting.

Packages are confusing. I think in many cases they are simply confused about what they purchased.

For my orders, I don’t think packages are too confusing. I mean, you’ll get a story no matter what. The length is the only difference.

But it’s hard to not do packages and still show what you offer when you don’t have the automatic delivery time extension with word count that VO artists have. I don’t want some buyer ordering 50,000 with 2 week delivery because of gig multiples, and I also like the buyer to be able to place the order themselves rather than sending a custom offer for everything.

I find packages so confusing that usually when I looking at gigs I skip the ones with packages. I have spent ten minutes sometimes trying to figure out how each package is different. I wanted to buy one gig but the packages stopped me. I simply couldn’t understand the differences, and even after studying them I was still confused.

So if these buyers who buy the basic package are confused like me, maybe they don’t understand the different packages, or aren’t able to figure them out.

great answer I really like this

It has very simple solution. You should keep your gigs overooked mean set order limit to zero and when you have to take orders from buyers then increase order limit to value which you want to orders from buyer.

I find packages so confusing that usually when I looking at gigs I skip the ones with packages. I have spent ten minutes sometimes trying to figure out how each package is different. I wanted to buy one gig but the packages stopped me. I simply couldn’t understand the differences, and even after studying them I was still confused.

So if these buyers who buy the basic package are confused like me, maybe they don’t understand the different packages, or aren’t able to figure them out.

So if these buyers who buy the basic package are confused like me, maybe they don’t understand the different packages

It depends on the niche and it is always recommend to contact seller for further clarifications regarding the project.

Archived