Fiverr Contact Details

pixperpoint

So I have been applying to a university and there’s a section where applicants can put in their work experience. I have been working on Fiverr for the past 8 months or so and would want this period to be counted as experience. The issue I’m facing is related to the mandatory field that asks for the company’s address and contact number. Plus, the university also asks for an employment letter. Is there any way through which I can make these 8 months counted as my experience? Does Fiverr has any contact details for outsiders? Does Fiverr issue employment letter or smth like that? Please help me with that. Thanks.

I don’t believe Fiverr issues employment letters - there’s a big issue here right now in the states (notably California, New York, and New Jersey, but several others are following suit) with independent contractors doing the work of employees without receiving employment protections, so companies are being especially careful not to suggest freelancers/ICs like us are employees.

Represent yourself the way you do on your bio: a business doing services in exchange for money. Attach a screenshot of your reviews/profile, or get a direct link to your reviews for them to peruse. As we say here, “Fake it til you make it.” 🙂

So I have been applying to a university and there’s a section where applicants can put in their work experience. I have been working on Fiverr for the past 8 months or so and would want this period to be counted as experience. The issue I’m facing is related to the mandatory field that asks for the company’s address and contact number. Plus, the university also asks for an employment letter. Is there any way through which I can make these 8 months counted as my experience? Does Fiverr has any contact details for outsiders? Does Fiverr issue employment letter or smth like that? Please help me with that. Thanks.

Does Fiverr issue employment letter or smth like that?

Of course not, you are a freelancer not an employee.

Is there any way through which I can make these 8 months counted as my experience?

Yes you could’ve if you didn’t break the law 😉

To do freelancing you need to register yourself as self employed or open a limited company to be able to pay taxes and officially operate and provide services.

the mandatory field that asks for the company’s address and contact number

And as you were self employed then it would’ve been contact details and address of your company as you registered it.

I highly suspect that you did register yourself as self employed and basically worked illegally without registering your income with government, so in this case you wouldn’t be able to provide any proof of your work.

You can only mention in your application that you were a freelancer working with various clients and that’s it. And even with that I would’ve been very careful mentioning in an application that you broke the law and didn’t pay taxes on your income depending on how strict the law in your country.

The issue I’m facing is related to the mandatory field that asks for the company’s address and contact number.

Write “freelance (whatever it is you do)” or “self-employed (whatever it is you do)”, or whatever the term for what you do is where you live, and your own address and number in that field?

You didn’t work as an employee, so you don’t have an employer who can give you an employment letter, Fiverr isn’t your employer, it’s just a platform, escrow service, something like that, in any case, no employer.

Instead of an employment letter, try with screenshots and detailing the work you do, write something like “worked on projects like … with customers from … countries …” It is work experience, just not as an employee. Try it, it’s better than nothing in any case and who knows, maybe you can convince them that you did really well.

Does Fiverr issue employment letter or smth like that?

Of course not, you are a freelancer not an employee.

Is there any way through which I can make these 8 months counted as my experience?

Yes you could’ve if you didn’t break the law 😉

To do freelancing you need to register yourself as self employed or open a limited company to be able to pay taxes and officially operate and provide services.

the mandatory field that asks for the company’s address and contact number

And as you were self employed then it would’ve been contact details and address of your company as you registered it.

I highly suspect that you did register yourself as self employed and basically worked illegally without registering your income with government, so in this case you wouldn’t be able to provide any proof of your work.

You can only mention in your application that you were a freelancer working with various clients and that’s it. And even with that I would’ve been very careful mentioning in an application that you broke the law and didn’t pay taxes on your income depending on how strict the law in your country.

I am from Asia and I withdraw funds using Payoneer. Then, through Payoneer the funds are transferred as ‘home remittance’. The transferred funds are not subject to any taxation as long as the foreign remittances are explainable (which in my case are), as per the law of my country.

So technically, I’m exempted from paying taxes to the government, right?

The issue I’m facing is related to the mandatory field that asks for the company’s address and contact number.

Write “freelance (whatever it is you do)” or “self-employed (whatever it is you do)”, or whatever the term for what you do is where you live, and your own address and number in that field?

You didn’t work as an employee, so you don’t have an employer who can give you an employment letter, Fiverr isn’t your employer, it’s just a platform, escrow service, something like that, in any case, no employer.

Instead of an employment letter, try with screenshots and detailing the work you do, write something like “worked on projects like … with customers from … countries …” It is work experience, just not as an employee. Try it, it’s better than nothing in any case and who knows, maybe you can convince them that you did really well.

Didn’t think it that way. This really helps, thanks!

I am from Asia and I withdraw funds using Payoneer. Then, through Payoneer the funds are transferred as ‘home remittance’. The transferred funds are not subject to any taxation as long as the foreign remittances are explainable (which in my case are), as per the law of my country.

So technically, I’m exempted from paying taxes to the government, right?

Then, through Payoneer the funds are transferred as ‘home remittance’. The transferred funds are not subject to any taxation

Super grey area. It’s technically not a home remittance and those funds are not sent from any of your friends, family etc, and it’s easily traceable to fiverr.

Anyway, even if you are not an employee you still can write you were freelancing on various projects .

Archived