Just found something... a bit concerning

visualstudios

When I was new I saw someone who had literally hundreds of reviews from the same person in the same short time span and that person had only been on fiverr a month, both the seller and the reviews. Each day about 50 reviews had been left for the same seller from the same buyer. Nothing was done about it.

That’s not the same as someone reporting to CS with evidence of conversations etc though.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, they don’t care. That’s what I’m getting at, they should care, at least a bit. I understand if you think they’re right in not caring because those sellers will fail anyway. Different perspectives, that’s all.

Why fiverr would care If they are getting money on each transaction?

Don’t you think they should?

No.

Let’s face it, 5 star reviews here is about as useful as water to a drowning person. Practically everybody has it.

When someone brags about a 1000 five stars. Okay, it’s hard to fake 1000. When someone brags about getting 10 five star reviews. Well, 😐.

I really don’t see how reviews here are any indication of a sellers potential.

I buy based on my personal experience and the profile page/gig descriptions. I like great portfolios, well written pages that flows well with clear instructions on what the seller expects from me.

Reviews here aren’t that trustworthy, coming from me who used to advocate reviews and used to take time articulating great reviews to my sellers. Trust me it has zero effect or baring on my decision to buy or not.

No.

Let’s face it, 5 star reviews here is about as useful as water to a drowning person. Practically everybody has it.

When someone brags about a 1000 five stars. Okay, it’s hard to fake 1000. When someone brags about getting 10 five star reviews. Well, 😐.

I really don’t see how reviews here are any indication of a sellers potential.

I buy based on my personal experience and the profile page/gig descriptions. I like great portfolios, well written pages that flows well with clear instructions on what the seller expects from me.

Reviews here aren’t that trustworthy, coming from me who used to advocate reviews and used to take time articulating great reviews to my sellers. Trust me it has zero effect or baring on my decision to buy or not.

It doesn’t make a difference having 100 or 110 5 star reviews. But it does make a difference to have 0 or 10. Maybe not to you as a buyer, but for many others. And possibly for gig placement in the search as well.

People buy zero review gigs a lot of it’s a great gig. They need to be inexpensive of course. I actually bought one myself once. It was for an ebook by an author who was well known, how to get free stuff from the government or something like that by a man who wears a suit with question marks all over it. He ran a lot of ads for that book.

People buy zero review gigs a lot of it’s a great gig. They need to be inexpensive of course. I actually bought one myself once. It was for an ebook by an author who was well known, how to get free stuff from the government or something like that by a man who wears a suit with question marks all over it. He ran a lot of ads for that book.

It can happen, but generally if you see two similar gigs, one with no reviews and another with some even if not hundreds, most people will buy the second, if everything else is the same.

What’s really funny about this type of thing is that buying 10-20 reviews will almost guarantee issues for the seller. If you get ten orders and none of those are genuine repeat buyers, you are going to struggle to make any momentum. Look at all the posts from Level 1 sellers who say sales dropped off a cliff after getting promoted. If someone is looking for cheap, they will filter for new sellers, if they want quality they will filter for TRS and Level 2. Who would filter for level 1?

Though it takes a lot of time to read all these comments of you 2 but my point of view is same with him.

my point of view is same with him.

Since you have 12 reviews that must give you some hope. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! Those 12 reviews will surely give you a great start for more.

I’m sure you don’t mean tricking people to get sales is a good idea but I know what you mean, having reviews for a new seller can help. The thing is you make websites inexpensively so you would most likely get reviews on your own due to a high demand gig.

Who would filter for level 1?

Good point. So they need to buy enough to reach level 2. That would be where to go with hard negotiating skills to really get a bargain.

I also don’t think Fiverr is deactivating people on the basis of what they do outside of Fiverr.

This is not true, they actually do. The group is set to private, unreadable for a reason. Do you believe Fiverr wouldn’t deactivate accounts if they knew those accounts were actively gambling the ratings? Or even selling reviews, which is worse? That’s worrying, since they are extremely strict on that. They ban people for asking a client about a review they left.

This is not true, they actually do. The group is set to private, unreadable for a reason. Do you believe Fiverr wouldn’t deactivate accounts if they knew those accounts were actively gambling the ratings? Or even selling reviews, which is worse? That’s worrying, since they are extremely strict on that.

There are lots of private groups on Facebook, it doesn’t mean anything shady, it simply means they want to talk to likeminded members instead of spammers and strangers.

Fiverr has better things to do than monitor the entire internet for bad behavior. Fiverr is just like any other business. If I write horrible things about Royal Caribbean on Facebook,they’re not going to ban me for life. However, if I book a cruise and decided to jump from the balcony into the ocean (someone actually did that), they will ban me for life. See what I’m saying? It’s behavior on Fiverr that matters.

Also, unless you use Facebook to log into Fiverr, they’re not going to know who you are on Facebook.

"They ban people for asking a client about a review they left."

Review manipulation is prohibited. Even the word “review” is banned, along with money, email, etc.

If it’s a repeat customer, I will write something like: “The last time you ordered from me, you didn’t like my work. You wrote blah blah blah, so why are you interested in ordering again?”

Depending on the answer, I will provide a custom offer or not.

Sometimes I just block people who give me 1-star. That’s not review manipulation according to the TOS, just self-protection from difficult clients.

This is not true, they actually do. The group is set to private, unreadable for a reason. Do you believe Fiverr wouldn’t deactivate accounts if they knew those accounts were actively gambling the ratings? Or even selling reviews, which is worse? That’s worrying, since they are extremely strict on that.

There are lots of private groups on Facebook, it doesn’t mean anything shady, it simply means they want to talk to likeminded members instead of spammers and strangers.

Fiverr has better things to do than monitor the entire internet for bad behavior. Fiverr is just like any other business. If I write horrible things about Royal Caribbean on Facebook,they’re not going to ban me for life. However, if I book a cruise and decided to jump from the balcony into the ocean (someone actually did that), they will ban me for life. See what I’m saying? It’s behavior on Fiverr that matters.

Also, unless you use Facebook to log into Fiverr, they’re not going to know who you are on Facebook.

"They ban people for asking a client about a review they left."

Review manipulation is prohibited. Even the word “review” is banned, along with money, email, etc.

If it’s a repeat customer, I will write something like: “The last time you ordered from me, you didn’t like my work. You wrote blah blah blah, so why are you interested in ordering again?”

Depending on the answer, I will provide a custom offer or not.

Sometimes I just block people who give me 1-star. That’s not review manipulation according to the TOS, just self-protection from difficult clients.

Sometimes I just block people who give me 1-star.

I want to hear from them if they are planning to order from me again. Yes they do.

my point of view is same with him.

Since you have 12 reviews that must give you some hope. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! Those 12 reviews will surely give you a great start for more.

I’m sure you don’t mean tricking people to get sales is a good idea but I know what you mean, having reviews for a new seller can help. The thing is you make websites inexpensively so you would most likely get reviews on your own due to a high demand gig.

Who would filter for level 1?

Good point. So they need to buy enough to reach level 2. That would be where to go with hard negotiating skills to really get a bargain.

I don’t mean that, my point of view is “Ultimately market wins last” because it gets 20% of that & 2 from the buyer also…It doesn’t meter the reviews are 2 or 20 if we haven’t the proper skills. This can brings some buyer on that gig but they will not stay if they find that we don’t have the required skills… Yes, I believe in my self & learning new things each day for updating myself…

I don’t mean that, my point of view is “Ultimately market wins last” because it gets 20% of that & 2 from the buyer also…It doesn’t meter the reviews are 2 or 20 if we haven’t the proper skills. This can brings some buyer on that gig but they will not stay if they find that we don’t have the required skills… Yes, I believe in my self & learning new things each day for updating myself…

my point of view is “Ultimately market wins last” because it gets 20% of that

The term market does not mean fiverr. If we say the market determines how well a gig does, it means the market for the gig, meaning how many people are buying the gig.

If ten people buy a gig each week then the market for the gig is ten people a week. I think you did not understand what was meant by “market”.

Yes fiverr is a type of market. Market is a word with more than one meaning.

When we say “the market determines the success of a gig” we are not meaning “fiverr determines the success of a gig”, what we mean is the demand for the gig.

We can say “the demand for the gig determines the success of a gig” and it means the same thing.

the market for the gig = the demand for the gig

my point of view is “Ultimately market wins last” because it gets 20% of that

The term market does not mean fiverr. If we say the market determines how well a gig does, it means the market for the gig, meaning how many people are buying the gig.

If ten people buy a gig each week then the market for the gig is ten people a week. I think you did not understand what was meant by “market”.

Yes fiverr is a type of market. Market is a word with more than one meaning.

When we say “the market determines the success of a gig” we are not meaning “fiverr determines the success of a gig”, what we mean is the demand for the gig.

We can say “the demand for the gig determines the success of a gig” and it means the same thing.

the market for the gig = the demand for the gig

maybe…but I mean it…If I buy 2 fake reviews in a week it doesn’t guarantee us that it will bring another 5 or 8 in a week so how it helps in the market?..

That’s why I mean it here…

But in that term “the market determines the success of a gig” it always means the buyer Fiverr is an intermediate here…

maybe…but I mean it…If I buy 2 fake reviews in a week it doesn’t guarantee us that it will bring another 5 or 8 in a week so how it helps in the market?..

That’s why I mean it here…

But in that term “the market determines the success of a gig” it always means the buyer Fiverr is an intermediate here…

Sorry you still don’t understand what I was trying to say but that’s ok.

yes, I got it…but that was my thinking on that term market wins based on fake reviews…

Let’s put it this way, everyone tries to influence the market. Companies spend millions of dollars in advertising, but if a product or service is no good, it will fail sooner than later.

On Fiverr we are like sellers at a bazaar, our gigs are shouting “come here, take a look!” and whether buyers do or not, depends on many factors.

Consider these stats:

Impressions Clicks Views Orders

6.3K 173 564 5

So out of almost 7,000 impressions, I only got 173 clicks, which resulted in 5 orders.

Could it be that my gig rating isn’t that great? Could it be I didn’t promise satisfaction guarantee? Who knows? But in a market, lots of factors influence the purchase decision. I for one believe in honesty because pretending to be more than you are, leads to disappointment and bad reviews.

Let’s put it this way, everyone tries to influence the market. Companies spend millions of dollars in advertising, but if a product or service is no good, it will fail sooner than later.

On Fiverr we are like sellers at a bazaar, our gigs are shouting “come here, take a look!” and whether buyers do or not, depends on many factors.

Consider these stats:

Impressions Clicks Views Orders

6.3K 173 564 5

So out of almost 7,000 impressions, I only got 173 clicks, which resulted in 5 orders.

Could it be that my gig rating isn’t that great? Could it be I didn’t promise satisfaction guarantee? Who knows? But in a market, lots of factors influence the purchase decision. I for one believe in honesty because pretending to be more than you are, leads to disappointment and bad reviews.

I for one believe in honesty

Radical honesty will never let you down when you deal with clients. The ones who want to be lied to will leave but you won’t have problems that way.

There might be someone who is here reading now who read what you wrote, who suddenly got scared.

I’m so so sorry, potential reader, it was just a joke … maybe I shouldn’t have written that, maybe I should also not write about that friend I have who bought some gaming accounts for good money from some website, only to have all of those accounts banned soon after …

What if … those groups were actually run by Fiverr staff and part of the “closed my account for no reason” posts were due to that 😉 Probably not but wouldn’t it be funny.

If the staff is not doing this yet, they should really consider it 😅

Archived