Just found something... a bit concerning

visualstudios

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who has to do that isn’t going to be a successful seller most likely. They can buy 100 reviews but at some point they will fail. Pretty soon I imagine.

The thing is, it depends. I’ll give you an example - there’s a ton of videos on youtube about running a turn-key operation on fiverr by buying backlinks on seoclerk and selling them here at a higher price. For an account like that, having the initial reviews is crucial to rank up, and then it’s easier to get level 2 or even TRS if the orders keep raining. The organic reviews are always positive because it’s a fool-proof service. This applies to other gigs that fit the same criteria as well.

The thing is, it depends. I’ll give you an example - there’s a ton of videos on youtube about running a turn-key operation on fiverr by buying backlinks on seoclerk and selling them here at a higher price. For an account like that, having the initial reviews is crucial to rank up, and then it’s easier to get level 2 or even TRS if the orders keep raining. The organic reviews are always positive because it’s a fool-proof service. This applies to other gigs that fit the same criteria as well.

I thought they stopped allowing backlink sales, didn’t someone say that recently?

Those backlinks are bad I heard also as far as doing anything. Or they disappear fast to dead links.

I thought they stopped allowing backlink sales, didn’t someone say that recently?

Those backlinks are bad I heard also as far as doing anything. Or they disappear fast to dead links.

Maybe this specific type of gig is slightly out of date, I saw stuff from mid 2019. But there are always other gigs that can use the same model. Background removal, for example - super crowded, super mechanical and easy to get good reviews, but hard to start. If you work in that field, getting 10 5 star reviews quickly can be very interesting.

Maybe this specific type of gig is slightly out of date, I saw stuff from mid 2019. But there are always other gigs that can use the same model. Background removal, for example - super crowded, super mechanical and easy to get good reviews, but hard to start. If you work in that field, getting 10 5 star reviews quickly can be very interesting.

I know someone who bought 1000 backlinks or views not sure which for his YT channel and still no one sees it. I imagine it’s the same for anyone, in any situation.

Faking it doesn’t work no matter where you do it.

I know someone who bought 1000 backlinks or views not sure which for his YT channel and still no one sees it. I imagine it’s the same for anyone, in any situation.

Faking it doesn’t work no matter where you do it.

It works for arbitrage, for a while. And a while is enough. When it crashes, rinse and repeat. These are not careers, nor are they meant to be.

If you offer something worthwhile with real value you are on your way. If not and you try to game the system it won’t work.

It will work for a bit. Or they can switch gears later. It’s talking about an initial boost, they are not buying reviews all the time. They get plenty of organic 5 star reviews. It’s not that the service is necessarily worthless, it’s just they are having an unfair starting advantage, that’s all. You can have a starting advantage and still lose the race if you stumble, but it can help a lot.

The pages, maybe.

However, in the groups it’s different. It’s a community of 10k people in one of them. They aren’t all being tricked. They are actively exchanging info on how to game the system in any way. And they are definitely manipulating reviews in there. It’s closed for a reason. I would try to apply just to see but 1) I don’t want to associate my personal profile with that and 2) probably they wouldn’t accept me given my country, it would be suspicious.

This doesn’t worry me. Fiverr is like a shopping mall with lots of stores. There are good stores, great stores, and bad stores. Customers will come in and their reviews will reflect on their experiences, they will also give private feedback to Fiverr.

1. I don’t want to associate my personal profile with that and 2) probably they wouldn’t accept me given my country, it would be suspicious.

Most of those groups accept everyone who applies. They will only ask you one or two questions to see if you know anything about the topic. I know because that’s what happened to me when I joined The Queen of the South, The Purge, and other TV Facebook groups. I also don’t think Fiverr is deactivating people on the basis of what they do outside of Fiverr.

even TRS if the orders keep raining.

It’s extremely hard to become TRS, I know people with huge sales queues that haven’t been promoted to TRS. Becoming a TRS is like becoming an ambassador of Fiverr, the standards are very strict.

Even if you buy 100 reviews, it won’t make a difference. Most TRS gigs have over 200 reviews, some over 1,000. If you see a TRS gig with only 11 reviews, it’s because it was created after the seller became TRS. This is extremely common as a TRS seller will seek new lucrative opportunities.

My point is that it doesn’t matter how people try to cheat Fiverr. The market always wins in the end.

“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

Abraham Lincoln

This doesn’t worry me. Fiverr is like a shopping mall with lots of stores. There are good stores, great stores, and bad stores. Customers will come in and their reviews will reflect on their experiences, they will also give private feedback to Fiverr.

1. I don’t want to associate my personal profile with that and 2) probably they wouldn’t accept me given my country, it would be suspicious.

Most of those groups accept everyone who applies. They will only ask you one or two questions to see if you know anything about the topic. I know because that’s what happened to me when I joined The Queen of the South, The Purge, and other TV Facebook groups. I also don’t think Fiverr is deactivating people on the basis of what they do outside of Fiverr.

It’s extremely hard to become TRS, I know people with huge sales queues that haven’t been promoted to TRS. Becoming a TRS is like becoming an ambassador of Fiverr, the standards are very strict.

Even if you buy 100 reviews, it won’t make a difference. Most TRS gigs have over 200 reviews, some over 1,000. If you see a TRS gig with only 11 reviews, it’s because it was created after the seller became TRS. This is extremely common as a TRS seller will seek new lucrative opportunities.

My point is that it doesn’t matter how people try to cheat Fiverr. The market always wins in the end.

“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

Abraham Lincoln

I also don’t think Fiverr is deactivating people on the basis of what they do outside of Fiverr.

This is not true, they actually do. The group is set to private, unreadable for a reason. Do you believe Fiverr wouldn’t deactivate accounts if they knew those accounts were actively gambling the ratings? Or even selling reviews, which is worse? That’s worrying, since they are extremely strict on that. They ban people for asking a client about a review they left.

Abraham Lincoln

Well said. And exactly right.

I also don’t think Fiverr is deactivating people on the basis of what they do outside of Fiverr.

This is not true, they actually do. The group is set to private, unreadable for a reason. Do you believe Fiverr wouldn’t deactivate accounts if they knew those accounts were actively gambling the ratings? Or even selling reviews, which is worse? That’s worrying, since they are extremely strict on that. They ban people for asking a client about a review they left.

The group is set to private, unreadable for a reason.

do you think that fiverr staff wouldn’t be able to join? Fiverr probably isn’t going to stoop to even investigating for the same reason fastcopyrwriter just said.

The group is set to private, unreadable for a reason.

do you think that fiverr staff wouldn’t be able to join? Fiverr probably isn’t going to stoop to even investigating for the same reason fastcopyrwriter just said.

Probably. Maybe they don’t care enough to. I’m not disputing that. But when they’re so strict about review policy, maybe they should. Some consistency.

Probably. Maybe they don’t care enough to. I’m not disputing that. But when they’re so strict about review policy, maybe they should. Some consistency.

If you want more reviews you could lower your prices for a while to get more. Even though what you do is complex, and you are a Pro seller, you can still charge only 100 for a while.

If you want more reviews you could lower your prices for a while to get more. Even though what you do is complex, and you are a Pro seller, you can still charge only 100 for a while.

Oh! I wasn’t talking about myself at all. I’m fine with my reviews, I don’t need more! I’m talking in general, specially for new sellers that will be at a disadvantage. This doesn’t really apply to my field anyway.

If you work in that field, getting 10 5 star reviews quickly can be very interesting.

It’s no longer enough to get 10 reviews to get to level 1 (or 50 reviews to get to level 2). You also have to earn at least $400 to get to level one, and $2,000 to get to level 2. I believe that one of the reasons to change the level requirements was to make buying levels more expensive.

The pages, maybe.

However, in the groups it’s different. It’s a community of 10k people in one of them. They aren’t all being tricked. They are actively exchanging info on how to game the system in any way. And they are definitely manipulating reviews in there. It’s closed for a reason. I would try to apply just to see but 1) I don’t want to associate my personal profile with that and 2) probably they wouldn’t accept me given my country, it would be suspicious.

I have been in one of them (it was labeled for advertising gigs so I thought that was what we did, was share our gigs) but it was for trading impressions/views/clicks, probably ratings buried in there. They definitely are not being tricked. They required screenshots of their gigs to ensure that :rofl: I left after a couple of days because I realised it wasn’t constructive on the human side of things.

“Fake 5* sellers buying reviews” panic every other disgruntled buyer turns to has to come from somewhere. I’ve been hearing it for years.

It’s funny how reviews from US/Canada/Germany are considered more boujee for business and are a separate selling point like there would be a difference if you “buy” dozens of them. Those dang flags next to usernames no one asked for are something to brag about, apparently.

That is so concerning if it’s true that even some TRS have paid reviews. Sadly it would be very hard for Fiverr to catch who is leaving paid reviews. They would have to buy the reviews themselves in order to keep catching the accounts associated with them, and I don’t think they have a team for that.

That is so concerning if it’s true that even some TRS have paid reviews. Sadly it would be very hard for Fiverr to catch who is leaving paid reviews. They would have to buy the reviews themselves in order to keep catching the accounts associated with them, and I don’t think they have a team for that.

Regardless of buying reviews or not, once real customers come along, they will either succeed or fail. If they are talented, eventually they will move up.

If they are in it for the quick buck, complaints will pile up and they will be ousted.

Eventually, everyone finds out the secret to success is hard work and professionalism with a touch of 🙂.

Regardless of buying reviews or not, once real customers come along, they will either succeed or fail. If they are talented, eventually they will move up.

If they are in it for the quick buck, complaints will pile up and they will be ousted.

Eventually, everyone finds out the secret to success is hard work and professionalism with a touch of 🙂.

I’m not understanding why people would spend time thinking about them, or even looking at those facebook sites.

This is correct. If no one real ever buys your gig you will fail, regardless of how many fake reviews you have.

If someone can’t make logos people want to buy, having 100 fake reviews is not going to help them. Imagine how sad it is if someone actually does that, only to finally sit there without actual sales even with all his fake reviews. How puzzling that must be for them!

I’m not understanding why people would spend time thinking about them, or even looking at those facebook sites.

This is correct. If no one real ever buys your gig you will fail, regardless of how many fake reviews you have.

If someone can’t make logos people want to buy, having 100 fake reviews is not going to help them. Imagine how sad it is if someone actually does that, only to finally sit there without actual sales even with all his fake reviews. How puzzling that must be for them!

Despair, maybe? When people are feeling this way even the craziest things can sound reasonable 😬

Archived