How does my VO/VA gig look and how to acquire initial sales?

voicebreather

https://www.fiverr.com/share/bd2WlP

Hello, new here. A friend mentioned I should try out some voice acting or voice overs on here and here I am in an attempt. I already had a mxl 770 condenser mic and a scarlet solo so why not. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

How does the gig look so far? I’m sure I need to revise a few things, add more gigs/gallery images/videos/audios.

How would people find me and do I start on last page for any new gig I add?

I feel like this is like a waiting game if not an established individual/page.

Thanks.

Edit: I’ve viewed my gig via phone and does not have sound. Phone and gig audio maxed out; friend tried the same thing and same deal.

You should upload a profile pic.

The image is great, and I get the idea, the only problem I see is that there may not be a big market for it. Most v/o work that sells is commercial stuff.

I will be uploading a profile picture soon and maybe should choose a photo per audio file that matches? Any issues with copyright on images?

Ah, that’s a bummer. I have no experience in commercial stuff.

I will be uploading a profile picture soon and maybe should choose a photo per audio file that matches? Any issues with copyright on images?

Ah, that’s a bummer. I have no experience in commercial stuff.

You have the audio gear, and you have a good voice, right? If you can read stuff well, in a good accent, good tone… You can do it. If you send me a reel of a good sounding v/o on a more serious tone I can pitch you to some clients when I think it would fit well.

You have the audio gear, and you have a good voice, right? If you can read stuff well, in a good accent, good tone… You can do it. If you send me a reel of a good sounding v/o on a more serious tone I can pitch you to some clients when I think it would fit well.

Good voice can be subjective so I’d like to say yes and no 😁

Thanks for wanting to help, I’ll search up a sample commercial script tomorrow after work and record a reel for you visualstudios. I’ll look at some samples in the mean time before I finish cooking dinner and wind down for the day.

Good voice can be subjective so I’d like to say yes and no 😁

Thanks for wanting to help, I’ll search up a sample commercial script tomorrow after work and record a reel for you visualstudios. I’ll look at some samples in the mean time before I finish cooking dinner and wind down for the day.

Alright. Take a look at our profile, specially the brand videos gig, to see a voice over we’ve used.

I love your image! I would add a video if you can. That really helps raise your impressions. Also, I would lower your gig prices to 100-200 words for $5 until you get 50+ reviews or level 2. Keep your gig extras where there are. That’s how you really make the money. Look through the Fiverr tips. Some great advice.

@ visualstudios: I’ll send you a reel soon. I assume I have an option to do so via the messaging system?

@ Melissabell161 Thanks, I forgot by which manga artist but his art is fantastical.

I will need to draft a video, problem is it might have to be an iphone video and that does not seem to do justice for audio unless I refer to listen to my posted audio demos in that video. Maybe I can record a demo off the xlr and sony vegas out a still image with a part of my face on there.

I will also bump up the wording count as you have a point for a completely new seller. Originally priced 5$ @ 25 words since a lot voicing for cartoon/anime/games people seem to do $10 for 50 word. Plus some of the voices are painful to do 😅 will also look through the Fiverr tips.

Archived