Sellers selling non-original contents! Pathetic Support Received ???

rahulgraphics

Hi Fiverr Community,

How many of you think that Fiverr Support should take action on sellers selling non-original content?
I think probably all of you would agree on this that Fiverr should take strict action on it. But this isn’t the case, at least from what I had experienced.

To my knowledge, several gigs with proofs were reported to the support but instead of taking action on the gigs they are promoted to Page 1 and so… (higher in the search results). When inquired from the Support, I received a reply from Support which doesn’t even address the problem reported “Use of non-original content”.

965392138_patheticsupport.PNG.a3d2deb86ce02b08980eb760b5750a62.PNG

Solid proof were submitted to the support, but I don’t know if the support loves to promote non-original content or if the support agent is new.

If there is no action on the gigs reported then at-least one thing is clear that “Fiverr Support is not the Fiverr support anymore, the agents just copy paste the replies like a pre-made template.”

The Support agent without hearing the reply, marked the ticket as “resolved”. It doesn’t matter if people sells duplicate stuff or someone else work and more on that is fiverr promotes them in higher search results.

That’s a reply from support??

“we are not responsible of google…”

“I do need see any confirmation of a same gig”

“we constantly reviewing…:”

“…any other gigs that uses…”

Their Engrish is on point, I’m amazed.

I’ve come across this several times where the standard of English is less than fluent from support.

That’s all fine and whatever but I always recommend people communicate with support in simple language with short sentences as long meandering sentences are much more easily misunderstood and can cause issues when it isn’t warranted resulting in warnings, suspensions and banning although this isn’t likely to happen often.

I’ve come across this several times where the standard of English is less than fluent from support.

That’s all fine and whatever but I always recommend people communicate with support in simple language with short sentences as long meandering sentences are much more easily misunderstood and can cause issues when it isn’t warranted resulting in warnings, suspensions and banning although this isn’t likely to happen often.

Well, I don’t think that’s fine. This is an english platform, I expect support to be fluent and correct. I get enough bad english from clients already.

Well, I don’t think that’s fine. This is an english platform, I expect support to be fluent and correct. I get enough bad english from clients already.

Expecting and wanting is fine but I lean towards caution when I know the situation.

I do wonder if this is why some canned replies that people post are so far off what the ticket referred to.

Hi Fiverr Community,

How many of you think that Fiverr Support should take action on sellers selling non-original content?

I think probably all of you would agree on this that Fiverr should take strict action on it. But this isn’t the case, at least from what I had experienced.

To my knowledge, several gigs with proofs were reported to the support but instead of taking action on the gigs they are promoted to Page 1 and so… (higher in the search results). When inquired from the Support, I received a reply from Support which doesn’t even address the problem reported “Use of non-original content”.

pathetic support

Solid proof were submitted to the support, but I don’t know if the support loves to promote non-original content or if the support agent is new.

If there is no action on the gigs reported then at-least one thing is clear that “Fiverr Support is not the Fiverr support anymore, the agents just copy paste the replies like a pre-made template.”

The Support agent without hearing the reply, marked the ticket as “resolved”. It doesn’t matter if people sells duplicate stuff or someone else work and more on that is fiverr promotes them in higher search results.

I think they should, but I also think they are bound to certain protocols.

You say

To my knowledge, several gigs with proofs were reported to the support

What exactly did you contact support about, because you think they didn’t do anything about gigs other people reported? (And where do Google’s search algos come in?)

If so, they probably couldn’t tell you anything because of privacy policies, and if those people who, to your knowledge, reported gigs, weren’t the actual copyright holders, that’s an issue too.

If you see gigs you know are violating someone’s copyright, you can alert that person. They can file a complaint then.

I’ve read they need to jump through (form) hoops then, granted, but that’s another matter, and probably comes with the copyright territory.

I’ve been on a site where you need to pass a copyright exam to be allowed to sell on that site in the first place. I think that could help, not against people who intentionally violate copyright, but with those who don’t realise it’s a thing.

Similar to ToS, a mandatory exam, even multiple choice, to keep costs down, could help with all the “I did it because I didn’t know it’s not allowed” cases.

Also, the forum then wouldn’t get all the “I didn’t know because I didn’t read ToS and I want three warnings before I get banned” posts anymore.

It’s complicated and fiverr isn’t set up to arbitrate who owns the copyright to what. In so many cases it’s impossible for anyone to determine. When you have a picture with a hundred uses all over the internet it’s hard to track down.

Have you seen all the shows copied on youtube? That’s a real hotbed and I don’t know how they can do all of the copying.

Someone sells an original piece of art or photo but you think you own the copyright but then they got it from someplace else and then it changed hands a few more times… I’m not sure how that works.

I think they should, but I also think they are bound to certain protocols.

You say

To my knowledge, several gigs with proofs were reported to the support

What exactly did you contact support about, because you think they didn’t do anything about gigs other people reported? (And where do Google’s search algos come in?)

If so, they probably couldn’t tell you anything because of privacy policies, and if those people who, to your knowledge, reported gigs, weren’t the actual copyright holders, that’s an issue too.

If you see gigs you know are violating someone’s copyright, you can alert that person. They can file a complaint then.

I’ve read they need to jump through (form) hoops then, granted, but that’s another matter, and probably comes with the copyright territory.

I’ve been on a site where you need to pass a copyright exam to be allowed to sell on that site in the first place. I think that could help, not against people who intentionally violate copyright, but with those who don’t realise it’s a thing.

Similar to ToS, a mandatory exam, even multiple choice, to keep costs down, could help with all the “I did it because I didn’t know it’s not allowed” cases.

Also, the forum then wouldn’t get all the “I didn’t know because I didn’t read ToS and I want three warnings before I get banned” posts anymore.

I initially contacted about my gig fluctuation as my impression, views etc were highly fluctuating. I contacted support to find out the reason behind it as I wanted to know the real reason behind this and I had not edited my gig for a long period of time but then all of sudden my gig stats started to fluctuate. It was a very visible difference in the charts too. I have never experienced this in my Fiverr journey.

I tried to locate my gig in the category it belongs but not able to find. Not a big issue, I am with no level so I understand and respect other levelled seller have their gig listed in the category.

Then, I run down the search for my gig title but couldn’t locate it. I searched till page 30 to find out if my gig is showing on that page but no luck. I reached a point where gigs with 0 reviews are showing but mine is still not visible in those too.

Then I thought something is seriously wrong as gigs with no reviews are showing after Page 28 and onwards but mine is invisible and the fluctuating stats made me worried, so I contacted support about it. Unfortunately, it’s a bad day for me as the agent seems to be inexperienced with this issue and without seeing the files I shared, the agent replied like a bot and the ticket was marked as resolved without hearing my response.

I reopened the ticket as to clarify whether or not he has seen the files or not because he has not mentioned about the files I submitted in his response.

The lecture was given on gig placement, which I already know. (Ready made template response).

Nothing was mentioned on fluctuations, and the files submitted. So, I decided to take up the task myself to find my gig. This is where I found out that many level 2 sellers are using non original content and are appearing on Page 2, 3. I also found out a top rated seller gig was repeating twice, on Pg 1 and on Pg 10. I opened various browsers to clarify this and to make sure it wasn’t related to browser cookies. The gig of a top rated seller was repeating twice. I found out many gigs using someone else work on their gig and appearing on higher search results. I sent Google search results showing the link to the original content but this agent linked it to Google algorithm. I showed him the various links on Google of original content but he drove the whole scenario to Google algorithm.

The ticket is still open…

Hi Fiverr Community,

pathetic support

To my knowledge, several gigs with proofs were reported to the support but instead of taking action on the gigs they are promoted to Page 1 and so… (higher in the search results).

This is why I got out of the real estate video market. I went to crazy lengths to get rid of competitors selling stolen videohive templates. First I reported them all. Then I contacted the studio behind the most stolen video. They got in touch with Fiverr and raised an official copyright complaint.

In each case, gigs reappeared a few days later. In some, sellers had amended the stolen templates they were using slightly to make them look unique. However, if we fast forward to the recent present, Fiverr created a whole new category for real estate videos that should really be renamed “Stuff Stolen from Envato.”

I honestly don’t think they care.

I see, in that case, I’d amend Eoin’s points of using #simple language with #short sentences with:
#don’t put several different issues in the same ticket. You shouldn’t create several tickets for the same issue but sellers selling non-original content and your gigs’ position should be two different tickets, it gets far too messy else, I think. Chances for a useful reply or even solution probably are higher with one issue per ticket.

I have some open tickets still too, those tend to be about technical issues (which I guess they can’t really solve, not that they wouldn’t want to solve it).

The “criminal energy” of some sellers who violate ToS, be it by posting duplicate gigs (I’ve reported such in the past but gave up eventually) or violating copyright seems to be high. Fiverr probably would need a whole department/team just for that. I thought these issues would dwindle after the ID-ing started. Or perhaps they did, but not enough yet.

I initially contacted about my gig fluctuation as my impression, views etc were highly fluctuating. I contacted support to find out the reason behind it as I wanted to know the real reason behind this and I had not edited my gig for a long period of time but then all of sudden my gig stats started to fluctuate. It was a very visible difference in the charts too. I have never experienced this in my Fiverr journey.

I tried to locate my gig in the category it belongs but not able to find. Not a big issue, I am with no level so I understand and respect other levelled seller have their gig listed in the category.

Then, I run down the search for my gig title but couldn’t locate it. I searched till page 30 to find out if my gig is showing on that page but no luck. I reached a point where gigs with 0 reviews are showing but mine is still not visible in those too.

Then I thought something is seriously wrong as gigs with no reviews are showing after Page 28 and onwards but mine is invisible and the fluctuating stats made me worried, so I contacted support about it. Unfortunately, it’s a bad day for me as the agent seems to be inexperienced with this issue and without seeing the files I shared, the agent replied like a bot and the ticket was marked as resolved without hearing my response.

I reopened the ticket as to clarify whether or not he has seen the files or not because he has not mentioned about the files I submitted in his response.

The lecture was given on gig placement, which I already know. (Ready made template response).

Nothing was mentioned on fluctuations, and the files submitted. So, I decided to take up the task myself to find my gig. This is where I found out that many level 2 sellers are using non original content and are appearing on Page 2, 3. I also found out a top rated seller gig was repeating twice, on Pg 1 and on Pg 10. I opened various browsers to clarify this and to make sure it wasn’t related to browser cookies. The gig of a top rated seller was repeating twice. I found out many gigs using someone else work on their gig and appearing on higher search results. I sent Google search results showing the link to the original content but this agent linked it to Google algorithm. I showed him the various links on Google of original content but he drove the whole scenario to Google algorithm.

I found out many gigs using someone else work on their gig and appearing on higher search results. I sent Google search results showing the link to the original content but this agent linked it to Google algorithm.

Gigs get copied. Do you know who copied whom?

See if anyone has copied your gigs. That should be your main concern regarding copies.

I found out many gigs using someone else work on their gig and appearing on higher search results. I sent Google search results showing the link to the original content but this agent linked it to Google algorithm.

See if anyone has copied your gigs. That should be your main concern regarding copies.

Yes, I know them. Some copied the gig content, while some copied the FAQ section from my gig. I have only one gig, and people still try to copy/duplicate the gig and its contents. My query on the ticket is related to Fiverr Editors too, as what they are doing if they are allowing sellers to sell duplicate stuff while still asking sellers like us to compete with them. The agent said to me that those are you competitors gig and my gig needs to give them tough competition in order to appear higher in search results. Really!! At-least the agent should have checked the originality of the gig before asking me to compete with them.

Last year, a buyer contacted me about a graphic design, and the logo she submitted was pretty much doubtful as one of my buyer had the same logo elements that her logo has. When I cross checked, I was right. I immediately informed the buyer about it. She felt cheated and told that she had paid $40 for the logo design. I contacted the seller whom she had hired, and asked as why had he sold her an already used logo ? To my surprise, the seller replied that the logo is different because the colors are different. I mean who in the world he is trying to fool?

I told the buyer that you should get a refund because you are clearly cheated and should quote my response to the support. I don’t know if she reported or not but she is not active on Fiverr anymore but the seller is still active, selling duplicate logo(s) to buyers. Now, I understand the science behind selling 2 logo(s) for $5 or even 3 logo(s) for $5. Because sellers only have to copy paste the logo elements and just change the business names. Logo Design Category is full of scammers. !! Buyers needs to be very careful while selecting the gigs from that category because the probability of getting scammed is very high.

I see, in that case, I’d amend Eoin’s points of using #simple language with #short sentences with:

#don’t put several different issues in the same ticket. You shouldn’t create several tickets for the same issue but sellers selling non-original content and your gigs’ position should be two different tickets, it gets far too messy else, I think. Chances for a useful reply or even solution probably are higher with one issue per ticket.

I have some open tickets still too, those tend to be about technical issues (which I guess they can’t really solve, not that they wouldn’t want to solve it).

The “criminal energy” of some sellers who violate ToS, be it by posting duplicate gigs (I’ve reported such in the past but gave up eventually) or violating copyright seems to be high. Fiverr probably would need a whole department/team just for that. I thought these issues would dwindle after the ID-ing started. Or perhaps they did, but not enough yet.

You shouldn’t create several tickets for the same issue but sellers selling non-original content and your gigs’ position should be two different tickets, it gets far too messy else, I think. Chances for a useful reply or even solution probably are higher with one issue per ticket.

I agree with that, but I wanted to link the two to show to the agent that gig that is selling original content is lost while the gig selling duplicate stuff or using non-original content are appearing higher in search results. I hope this shouldn’t be the new criteria of Fiverr Search Algorithm that system support such gigs.If Support fails to take action, then its pretty much clear that this is the new criteria which is backed by the Fiverr System.

To my knowledge, several gigs with proofs were reported to the support but instead of taking action on the gigs they are promoted to Page 1 and so… (higher in the search results).

This is why I got out of the real estate video market. I went to crazy lengths to get rid of competitors selling stolen videohive templates. First I reported them all. Then I contacted the studio behind the most stolen video. They got in touch with Fiverr and raised an official copyright complaint.

In each case, gigs reappeared a few days later. In some, sellers had amended the stolen templates they were using slightly to make them look unique. However, if we fast forward to the recent present, Fiverr created a whole new category for real estate videos that should really be renamed “Stuff Stolen from Envato.”

This is what I am experiencing now !!

We all totally agree on stealing logos. It’s totally unacceptable. However others had valid points that maybe you should’ve chose different strategy with CS (I know it’s not nice when you need to work around people that supposed to help you)

In this case of reporting stolen designs it’s better to go not by opening a ticket with CS but going to the profile of a person who stole the image and press “report” button next to their profile, they will ask you the reason for reporting and you will be able to attach a link to the original source or a link to the same gig on fiverr with similar images.

I found it to be more effective, usually gigs are removed within an couple of days when you report them like that because it goes directly to a relevant team for a review.

And of course it’s no doubt that this copycats and stealing should not be tolerated at all. I just bumped to a level 2 seller who was in “recommended” under my own gig and all 3 images that she used for her gig are stolen images from the internet (so I’ll report her as soon as I’ll get to my computer).

We all totally agree on stealing logos. It’s totally unacceptable. However others had valid points that maybe you should’ve chose different strategy with CS (I know it’s not nice when you need to work around people that supposed to help you)

In this case of reporting stolen designs it’s better to go not by opening a ticket with CS but going to the profile of a person who stole the image and press “report” button next to their profile, they will ask you the reason for reporting and you will be able to attach a link to the original source or a link to the same gig on fiverr with similar images.

I found it to be more effective, usually gigs are removed within an couple of days when you report them like that because it goes directly to a relevant team for a review.

And of course it’s no doubt that this copycats and stealing should not be tolerated at all. I just bumped to a level 2 seller who was in “recommended” under my own gig and all 3 images that she used for her gig are stolen images from the internet (so I’ll report her as soon as I’ll get to my computer).

I agree but “reporting” is reporting. Fiverr Support shouldn’t discriminate between the reports as like you said one that is reported through the “report” button will be taken into consideration for proper action but one that is submitted to CS agent will not be taken into consideration.

Fiverr CS agents are paid from the fees that is deducted on orders. The whole system works/survives on that. The seller/buyer have every right to report the wrong doing whether done through “Report” button or done through a ticket and with detailed explanation.

I just bumped to a level 2 seller who was in “recommended” under my own gig and all 3 images that she used for her gig are stolen images from the internet (so I’ll report her as soon as I’ll get to my computer).

Yes, its high time that sellers selling original content should come forward and deal with this mafia of scammers by reporting every wrong doing that they come across on this platform. It will help buyers as well.

You shouldn’t create several tickets for the same issue but sellers selling non-original content and your gigs’ position should be two different tickets, it gets far too messy else, I think. Chances for a useful reply or even solution probably are higher with one issue per ticket.

I agree with that, but I wanted to link the two to show to the agent that gig that is selling original content is lost while the gig selling duplicate stuff or using non-original content are appearing higher in search results. I hope this shouldn’t be the new criteria of Fiverr Search Algorithm that system support such gigs.If Support fails to take action, then its pretty much clear that this is the new criteria which is backed by the Fiverr System.

Gotcha, the temptation to link that makes sense, but I think chances are that when a seller starts with “other people’s gigs rank higher than mine”, chances are high that support will go “yeah, right, next one”, even if you address valid concerns along with that, so dealing with those issues separately might help.

You have:

sellers sell non-original content grabbed from the internet

sellers copy and use other seller’s gig descriptions, FAQ, etc.

sellers have duplicate gigs

other sellers’ gigs rank higher than mine and they shouldn’t

Of course, logically, it makes sense to say “4, because 1, 2 and 3” but putting all of 1-4 in one ticket sounds like a long, complex and confusing ticket, and like just one more seller who isn’t happy with their gig position, a simple reporting of the offending gigs might work better.

And if those simple reports are acted on, logically, your gig’s position should be positively affected over time.

I absolutely understand your frustration with this (been there, done that) but as Fiverr has added the option to report individual gigs for violations of the terms, that’s probably how they want that dealt with, and what @mariashtelle1 said she has found effective.

Gotcha, the temptation to link that makes sense, but I think chances are that when a seller starts with “other people’s gigs rank higher than mine”, chances are high that support will go “yeah, right, next one”, even if you address valid concerns along with that, so dealing with those issues separately might help.

You have:

sellers sell non-original content grabbed from the internet

sellers copy and use other seller’s gig descriptions, FAQ, etc.

sellers have duplicate gigs

Of course, logically, it makes sense to say “4, because 1, 2 and 3” but putting all of 1-4 in one ticket sounds like a long, complex and confusing ticket, and like just one more seller who isn’t happy with their gig position, a simple reporting of the offending gigs might work better.

And if those simple reports are acted on, logically, your gig’s position should be positively affected over time.

I absolutely understand your frustration with this (been there, done that) but as Fiverr has added the option to report individual gigs for violations of the terms, that’s probably how they want that dealt with, and what @mariashtelle1 said she has found effective.

This wasn’t the issue, I won’t have created a ticket for that. 😐

Not a big issue, I am with no level so I understand and respect other levelled seller have their gig listed in the category.

I initially contacted about my gig fluctuation as my impression, views etc were highly fluctuating […]

I wanted to link the two to show to the agent that gig that is selling original content is lost while the gig selling duplicate stuff or using non-original content are appearing higher in search results

Sorry, then I must have misunderstood things like the above. To me, it sounded as if you had linked those things in your ticket.

Anyway, if your approach doesn’t work, perhaps try with Maria’s suggestion.

I initially contacted about my gig fluctuation as my impression, views etc were highly fluctuating […]

I wanted to link the two to show to the agent that gig that is selling original content is lost while the gig selling duplicate stuff or using non-original content are appearing higher in search results

Sorry, then I must have misunderstood things like the above. To me, it sounded as if you had linked those things in your ticket.

Anyway, if your approach doesn’t work, perhaps try with Maria’s suggestion.

Thanks for the advice. After so much of hard work and nerve wracking experience, I found out my gig.

Don’t know if gigs reported will be taken down by Fiverr Editors!!

I hope for the best!!

Archived