Hidden in the "Newest Arrivals" category

matthew24239

When you first browse through Fiverr, all you see are the “Best Selling” ads. That’s logical. That’s the best bet for a buyer. Normal sales catalogs work this way too, presenting you with the most popular products first.

The difference is, in a normal sales catalog, if you keep clicking through page after page, eventually you will see the less popular products. Fiverr does NOT work this way. On Fiverr, the buyer has to explicitly click on the “Sort by” control to even see new gigs at all, which is not very straightforward. If your gig is new, it’s basically hidden in the “Newest Arrivals” category.

What is the point of Fiverr if they can’t even advertise your gig properly? There are lots of other companies that will do credit card payment processing (for less than $2 per payment) if that’s all Fiverr is good for.

• 1 year later...

I have only just worked this out, I assumed "sort by best seller" was the same as "sort by cheapest price" on an online shop, wear all products are displayed but the "sort by" feature changes the order. With Fiverr all gig categories are automatically set to "sort by best seller" meaning only gigs that are going well will be on display and the rest are hidden. To see all gigs in a category you have to go out of your way to select "sort by Newest Arrivals" which I never worked out before as it wasn't obvious you couldn't view all gigs unless you did this. I think there needs to be "view all gigs" button or it just needs to be clearer as I was confused that my gig never showed in categories. 

1 minute ago, fantasyfotos said:

think there needs to be "view all gigs" button or it just needs to be clearer as I was confused that my gig never showed in categories.

If your impressions are more than zero then your gig was shown to potential clients even if you yourself can not find it under certain categories 

Just now, mariashtelle1 said:

If your impressions are more than zero then your gig was shown to potential clients even if you yourself can not find it under certain categories 

I understand that, I just didn't realised that gigs are hidden, only best sellers show automatically when looking at categories. I don't have a problem with it, I just didn't realise as it wasn't clear and customer support didn't explain this. I understand why they do it.  I was just confused because every time I searched using other accounts or my own every time all gigs didn't show unless I click "newest arrivals" so at least I am now aware of this. Learning something new about Fiverr every day 🙂 

Archived