Any Vegetarians on the Forum?

voiceoverwork

20+ years for me. I used to be hard core, but I’ve relaxed a bit. I’m a veg in my home and try to be when I’m out. But I don’t let it rule my life when traveling or in a situation where veg isn’t available. I will order an egg, pasta or even a piece of fish in those rare situations. But never any other meat.

At home I use a blender daily for veg and fruit drinks and soups.

Me, and I can tell you I feel a lot healthier when I abstain from meat and dairy! I’m finally getting my family to see the light 🙂 I am like you in that I do sometimes stray at social events, but I believe it is the best thing for your health and I believe that you should learn not to depend on another species for your food. Eventually I want to get where I do not at all

And also I love those veggie and fruit drinks!!! I once made some homemade V8, which I loved better than any of those canned drinks I ever had. I used the regular ingredients of tomatoes, spinach, beets, etc, but added a hint of ginger to it and it was delicious 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Im actually in the process of trying to go vegan and slowly changing everything in my life style. It’s been an interesting journey so far in discovering a new way to look at vegetables, and for that matter, discovering a whole new barrel of foods I’d never tried before. Still working on cutting things out permanently though. There is just so many habits to undo and new ones to form.

Reply to @magellon: Hehe, well I can understand why she would be hesitant, it is rather daunting. Im actually starting a blog to collect my notes on veganism and in particular eco-veganism, just to keep track of it all. If she ever wants to convert, I’d be happy to pass on the tricks I discover along the way 😃

Archived