Free Work is illegal in Fiverr

imranquick

Hi. I have joined Fiver in Dec-19. I want to go one step at a time. So I put only gig as a Data Entry skill which I am capable enough to cope client requirements.
To cut short my question : Is it illegal if I ask all fiverr community to give me work for free to gain experience and further skill. As I am quite interested to do so but not gained any order yet. I have enough leisure time after my professional job.

Why would Fiverr let you use their system to do something that wouldn’t give them their cut of the order? You can’t even make an order without a transaction of funds, so doing free work accomplishes nothing.

That’s also no way to run a business. Skilled professionals don’t have to work for free to get business. If you can’t get business here, something else is at play and doing work for free isn’t going to fix it.

Read the Terms of Service. Then you won’t need to ask people if something is allowed.

Hi. I have joined Fiver in Dec-19. I want to go one step at a time. So I put only gig as a Data Entry skill which I am capable enough to cope client requirements.

To cut short my question : Is it illegal if I ask all fiverr community to give me work for free to gain experience and further skill. As I am quite interested to do so but not gained any order yet. I have enough leisure time after my professional job.

Is it illegal if I ask all fiverr community to give me work for free to gain experience and further skill.

And how would it help you? If you work without an order in place, you’re not only working for free, you also can’t get a review.

If you wish to get experience, you could try getting getting some work (paid or not) locally, or just practice on your own.

It’s not “illegal” to offer free work to people, but that is unrelated to the Fiverr platform. You can do some free work for me, if you’d like. Since it’s free, it means I’m not buying a gig, I’m not leaving a review, I’m not paying you anything, and we don’t need to follow Fiverr’s rules since Fiverr is not involved at all. There’s no transaction. Not sure why you would ask that on Fiverr’s forums, though. May as well ask people on Facebook, you’ll build a portfolio quicker.

wow man, I feel so bad you got such replies… 😦

it could be some misunderstanding, but I get your point. This site is full of $5 gigs, and $5 or $1 or free is almost the same. offering something for $5 or $10 is not really “business”, even if you get a few orders…

I sold myself cheap in my early days, in my professional life, just to show I’m capable. And I raised my price of course once people became aware they may loose me to the competition. That’s one possible strategy.

But beware that not everybody gets it. Just like here…

wow man, I feel so bad you got such replies… 😦

it could be some misunderstanding, but I get your point. This site is full of $5 gigs, and $5 or $1 or free is almost the same. offering something for $5 or $10 is not really “business”, even if you get a few orders…

I sold myself cheap in my early days, in my professional life, just to show I’m capable. And I raised my price of course once people became aware they may loose me to the competition. That’s one possible strategy.

But beware that not everybody gets it. Just like here…

Everybody gets it. If you have nothing to show, you try to get clients by being cheap. I won’t discuss if that is a good strategy or not (it depends), but that was not what the OP asked.

He asked “Is it illegal if I ask all fiverr community to give me work for free to gain experience and further skill.”

The question makes little sense. What does it even mean to “give me work for free” in the context of “Fiverr community”? It can’t be done inside Fiverr, since there are no free gigs. If it’s just to work for random people with no orders placed just to build portfolio, why not ask on Facebook, or other platforms with more possibly interested people?

Everybody gets it. If you have nothing to show, you try to get clients by being cheap. I won’t discuss if that is a good strategy or not (it depends), but that was not what the OP asked.

He asked “Is it illegal if I ask all fiverr community to give me work for free to gain experience and further skill.”

The question makes little sense. What does it even mean to “give me work for free” in the context of “Fiverr community”? It can’t be done inside Fiverr, since there are no free gigs. If it’s just to work for random people with no orders placed just to build portfolio, why not ask on Facebook, or other platforms with more possibly interested people?

@visualstudios - it’s one thing to simply answer “yes, fiverr takes only orders with min $5”, and kind of rude to come up with “if you have nothing to show, you sell yourself cheap”…

I thing most of the people on this $5 platform sell themselves VERY cheap, if you take it this way… 😦

@visualstudios - it’s one thing to simply answer “yes, fiverr takes only orders with min $5”, and kind of rude to come up with “if you have nothing to show, you sell yourself cheap”…

I thing most of the people on this $5 platform sell themselves VERY cheap, if you take it this way… 😦

Yeah, I don’t get your point in this last post.

not gained any order yet.

As everyone has advised there is no point in working for free. A buyer has to order, pay, you deliver, and then they can leave a review if they wish to do so.

I see your minimum gig price is not $5. Suggest you have a look at the competition in your category re pricing.

I think he means getting work from people on the forum, in order to gain experience. Not placing an order. Yes?

Yes dear you got it correct. I meant you guys can outsource portion of your work as a sample and i can gain some experience in return. Simple as that.

Yes dear you got it correct. I meant you guys can outsource portion of your work as a sample and i can gain some experience in return. Simple as that.

Create new gigs, create unique gigs as there are hundreds of data entry gigs and it will hard for you to get orders. Wish you best of the luck.

Archived