Fiverr writers: How do you guide expectations for your buyers?

sergeywozniack

Hi, I’m currently interacting with a buyer who wants a 500 word technical blog post. The subject is, get ready for this, Programming Algorithms and Methods in Artificial Intelligence and Differences in Heuristic Systems.

This sounds very specific but its an incredibly rich and diverse topic that someone could literally write a book on.

She is insistent on it only having 500 words but she is also quite demanding on it touching upon a very long list of technologies.

She is also adamant on it having at least 15 different citations from various technical research papers and articles.

I tried explaining that such a piece would need to be longer than 500 words, otherwise it would basically just be a list of one liners. But I can’t seem to get through to her.

So, fellow writers, I’m asking for advice.

How do you tame expectations?

How do you protect yourself from buyers who only want to pay for 500 or 1000 words but really want the content of a long research paper or book?

Thank you!

Hi, I’m currently interacting with a buyer who wants a 500 word technical blog post. The subject is, get ready for this, Programming Algorithms and Methods in Artificial Intelligence and Differences in Heuristic Systems.

This sounds very specific but its an incredibly rich and diverse topic that someone could literally write a book on.

She is insistent on it only having 500 words but she is also quite demanding on it touching upon a very long list of technologies.

She is also adamant on it having at least 15 different citations from various technical research papers and articles.

I tried explaining that such a piece would need to be longer than 500 words, otherwise it would basically just be a list of one liners. But I can’t seem to get through to her.

How do you protect yourself from buyers who only want to pay for 500 or 1000 words but really want the content of a long research paper or book?

Thank you!

😳

😬

That woman doesn’t even know where she’s standing, much less what she’s asking for. :roll_eyes:

If I were you, I would politely decline working with her and suggest her to find another seller. You’ll be doing yourself a favour: she screams trouble.

Thank you!

You can’t negotiate with a buyer like this. They basically have the IQ of a toenail. If this buyer has not placed an order, simply let them know you can’t help. If they have, cancel it. If you don’t, you will only end up with your buyer asking for revisions or asking to cancel anyway when you deliver.

I invested in Bitcoin a few years ago and now I pay people to make them disappear.

Not really, but I would like to.

Edit: If I were you, I’d also check out the profile of the only person who has left you a review so far. They are a fellow seller selling exactly the same service as you and their review of you strikes me as malicious.

😳

😬

That woman doesn’t even know where she’s standing, much less what she’s asking for. :roll_eyes:

If I were you, I would politely decline working with her and suggest her to find another seller. You’ll be doing yourself a favour: she screams trouble.

I would, too. She doesn’t know what she is talking about yet insists on a particular scope. That is a recipe for disaster. She is going to be an absolute nightmare to work with and this seller would up being underpaid when you think of all the hassle she’ll cause.

This is the kind of buyer who asks for silly revisions, micromanages, etc.

Archived