Why people don't read the terms and conditions before placing an order?

filomena_silva

Once in a while I have a client purchasing one of my GIG’s and asking me to provide my contact information to proceed. I always explain that all communication must be established through Fiverr and that it’s against Fiverr terms and conditions to provide contact info.

Today I had another situation like that with a Top Buyer and the client insisted several times that he wanted my email, so he could create an account and I could do a translation job directly at his platform. I explained that I’m not allowed to provide my email and that if an email is mandatory to give me access to their system, they can create an account just for that purpose or I can do the translation using a word or excel file, like it happens most of the times with most of my clients.

The client started to argue with me that previous freelancers accepted to send the contact information, written or like an image attfached. I explained in a polite way that I will not do it just because other people do and I will not risk my account. The client was continuously demanding and I had to cancel the order.

I’m looking for your suggestions about how to deal with this kind of situations to avoid canceling orders and hurt my ranking on Fiverr. Do you think that would be a good idea to put additional information at my GIG’s description, saying that all communications are made only through Fiverr?

Once in a while I have a client purchasing one of my GIG’s and asking me to provide my contact information to proceed. I always explain that all communication must be established through Fiverr and that it’s against Fiverr terms and conditions to provide contact info.

Today I had another situation like that with a Top Buyer and the client insisted several times that he wanted my email, so he could create an account and I could do a translation job directly at his platform. I explained that I’m not allowed to provide my email and that if an email is mandatory to give me access to their system, they can create an account just for that purpose or I can do the translation using a word or excel file, like it happens most of the times with most of my clients.

The client started to argue with me that previous freelancers accepted to send the contact information, written or like an image attfached. I explained in a polite way that I will not do it just because other people do and I will not risk my account. The client was continuously demanding and I had to cancel the order.

I’m looking for your suggestions about how to deal with this kind of situations to avoid canceling orders and hurt my ranking on Fiverr. Do you think that would be a good idea to put additional information at my GIG’s description, saying that all communications are made only through Fiverr?

Do you think that would be a good idea to put additional information at my GIG’s description, saying that all communications are made only through Fiverr?

You could do that, but I don’t think it would stop them from trying to persuade you. It is worth a shot though.

I had problems with people not reading my gig descriptions before, so I made a requirement on my gig with the only purpose of warning people of what is already written in its description. They have the option of marking one of the following boxes: 1) I’m aware and would like to proceed or 2) I was not aware, but I’m now and would like to proceed. It seems to be working this far.

Do you think that would be a good idea to put additional information at my GIG’s description, saying that all communications are made only through Fiverr?

You could do that, but I don’t think it would stop them from trying to persuade you. It is worth a shot though.

I had problems with people not reading my gig descriptions before, so I made a requirement on my gig with the only purpose of warning people of what is already written in its description. They have the option of marking one of the following boxes: 1) I’m aware and would like to proceed or 2) I was not aware, but I’m now and would like to proceed. It seems to be working this far.

I made a requirement on my gig with the only purpose of warning people of what is already written in its description. They have the option of marking one of the following boxes: 1) I’m aware and would like to proceed or 2) I was not aware, but I’m now and would like to proceed. It seems to be working this far.

@virginiabg That’s a great idea. I have something similar for my voice over GIGs because I had some clients not reading the description as well asking for a refund after the recording being delivered, saying that they need a professional studio recording, when is stated at my GIG that I own a home studio. It seems to result too. However, I still have people trying to get a refund sometimes giving that excuse, but it reduced a lot since I did it and I can always send a print screen saying that they were cleraly warned about that. So, probably I will follow your suggestion. Thanks a lot!

I made a requirement on my gig with the only purpose of warning people of what is already written in its description. They have the option of marking one of the following boxes: 1) I’m aware and would like to proceed or 2) I was not aware, but I’m now and would like to proceed. It seems to be working this far.

@virginiabg That’s a great idea. I have something similar for my voice over GIGs because I had some clients not reading the description as well asking for a refund after the recording being delivered, saying that they need a professional studio recording, when is stated at my GIG that I own a home studio. It seems to result too. However, I still have people trying to get a refund sometimes giving that excuse, but it reduced a lot since I did it and I can always send a print screen saying that they were cleraly warned about that. So, probably I will follow your suggestion. Thanks a lot!

If they keep asking for something against the TOS and won’t continue with the order without it, you could contact CS and ask them to cancel, and they may do it without it affecting your evaluation stats if you explain everything to them (that they’re asking for something against the TOS or asking for something not offered in the gig).

If they keep asking for something against the TOS and won’t continue with the order without it, you could contact CS and ask them to cancel, and they may do it without it affecting your evaluation stats if you explain everything to them (that they’re asking for something against the TOS or asking for something not offered in the gig).

@uk1000 Too late. I already canceled the order. But it’s also good to know that for future situations. Thank you so much.

No. Report the buyer for ToS violation and ask CS to cancel the order for you.

You don’t need to waste precious (and very limited) space in your gig terms to state the obvious.

You don’t need to waste precious (and very limited) space in your gig terms to state the obvious.

@lenasemenkova Too late. I already canceled the order. Since the order is already canceled I guess that now the CS can’t do anything else, right?

Over my years of customer service, I’ve learned that people do not read. TOS? nope never! unfortunately, we take the hit for cancellation. Next time I wouldn’t argue, Just state that all comms need to take place on fiverr. If they don’t want to comply then I would reach out to support and let them know if the buyer is not following the TOS.

Archived