My first contact was a scammer

donndevore

I set up my seller profile this month offering music production and session work. My first message was from a person that wanted me to create an account on Upwork. I talked to this person on the phone for a few minutes and did some research on Upwork account scammers when I realized this is clearly a scam. At first I thought he was trying to get me to use Upwork as a freelance platform, pulling me away from Fiverr but when he offered me $200 per month to open an account for him and was not interested in buying any of my freelance services offered here it was clear this was not a legit buyer. I told him that’s not my game and said good bye.

first red flag: the person did not want to use the Fiverr messaging system
second red flag: wanted to pay me $200 PER MONTH to set up account on a Upwork
third red flag: had no interest in my services

yeah no thanks, we’re done here.

This is a fun game!

I set up my seller profile this month offering music production and session work. My first message was from a person that wanted me to create an account on Upwork. I talked to this person on the phone for a few minutes and did some research on Upwork account scammers when I realized this is clearly a scam. At first I thought he was trying to get me to use Upwork as a freelance platform, pulling me away from Fiverr but when he offered me $200 per month to open an account for him and was not interested in buying any of my freelance services offered here it was clear this was not a legit buyer. I told him that’s not my game and said good bye.

first red flag: the person did not want to use the Fiverr messaging system

second red flag: wanted to pay me $200 PER MONTH to set up account on a Upwork

third red flag: had no interest in my services

yeah no thanks, we’re done here.

This is a fun game!

I talked to this person on ■■■■■ for a few minutes

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page as sharing off Fiverr contact is a violation and can risk your account.

I talked to this person on ■■■■■ for a few minutes

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page as sharing off Fiverr contact is a violation and can risk your account.

thanks for the reminder! I posted this to help others avoid scammers.

Archived