Unlimited revisions?

rajattomuus

poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I think using unlimited revisions helps on average to get more orders than not using it
    • I don’t think using unlimited revisions helps on average to get more orders than not using it
    • I think using unlimited revisions is a good idea for sellers
    • I don’t think using unlimited revisions is a good idea for sellers
    • I think using unlimited revisions would help with profit per order
    • I don’t think using unlimited revisions would help with profit per order
    • I have seen gig(s) with >24,000 reviews that have unlimited revisions
    • I have seen gig(s) with >24,000 reviews that don’t have unlimited revisions
    • I think there should be options for sellers for revisions in the range 10…15
    • I don’t think there should be options for sellers for revisions in the range 10…15

When ordering a gig (eg. illustration) gig is the text “Unlimited Revisions” a warning sign to you?

And why it is / why it isn’t?

It’s a stretch for me to try to think what kind of designer would still be motivated do his best for the gig – let’s say – for the 22nd or the 55th revision.

It will get them more hassle. CS has asked some sellers to continue revisions even after order completion (though maybe it depends whether it’s within 14 days of order completion).

Maybe it helps more on cheaper gigs in getting orders. But it does seem to help with orders (eg. are there any/many gigs with >25,000 reviews that don’t have unlimited revisions in one of the packages? eg. there’s a logo design gig with >63,000 reviews and that has unlimited revisions in the Premium package), but maybe the more expensive/pro gigs don’t have it/are much less likely to.

I don’t think it’s advisable even if it could help with orders due to the hassle and potentially orders continuing revision forever (though at some point, maybe even CS/Fiverr would just say the buyer has had enough revisions or the seller would ask to cancel, either through the resolution centre or through CS), or maybe CS won’t ask the seller to continue revisions >14 days after completion. There’s probably some max amount of actual revisions that are possible and maybe less sellers would use the “unlimited” revisions option if there were options for 10,11…15 in the no. of revisions list.

edit: Also at some point a seller is probably going to lose money through unlimited revisions I assume, so at some point they should really charge for revisions if they want to continue with revisions and have a lower limit of free ones.

I think it’s cool to hear that buyers find unlimited revisions to be a sketchy selling point.

People assume that unlimited revisions = 5, maybe 10 rounds. That no person can be unreasonable to the point of the entire process becoming completely unmanageable. It takes a single buyer who’s willing to push it to the literal forever to make them reconsider and put a finite number to it.

I think it’s cool to hear that buyers find unlimited revisions to be a sketchy selling point.

People assume that unlimited revisions = 5, maybe 10 rounds. That no person can be unreasonable to the point of the entire process becoming completely unmanageable. It takes a single buyer who’s willing to push it to the literal forever to make them reconsider and put a finite number to it.

And Fiverr will back the “Forever” revisions, even after the order is completed.

Unlimited Revisions Poll

• I think using unlimited revisions helps on average to get more orders than not using it
  • I don’t think using unlimited revisions helps on average to get more orders than not using it
  • I think using unlimited revisions is a good idea for sellers
  • I don’t think using unlimited revisions is a good idea for sellers
  • I think using unlimited revisions would help with profit per order
  • I don’t think using unlimited revisions would help with profit per order
  • I have seen gig(s) with >24,000 reviews that have unlimited revisions
  • I have seen gig(s) with >24,000 reviews that don’t have unlimited revisions
  • I think there should be options for sellers for revisions in the range 10…15
  • I don’t think there should be options for sellers for revisions in the range 10…15

0voters

edit: Where I said “…help with profit per order” I meant “…be best for profit per order”.

Have you seen them back it even after 14 days since order completion though?

Yes.

CS confirmed to me twice that I have to provide the service that is included in the package in its entirety whenever the buyer requests it (2 rounds of revisions 3 months the order was marked as complete in one of the cases).

I assume the same would apply to unlimited revisions.

Yes.

CS confirmed to me twice that I have to provide the service that is included in the package in its entirety whenever the buyer requests it (2 rounds of revisions 3 months the order was marked as complete in one of the cases).

Though Fiverr/CS must have a figure for what they think is reasonable even if unlimited revisions is used. And maybe a reasonable figure for nr. of revisions (when using “unlimited”) after order completion. eg. maybe the seller could contact CS after they’ve delivered eg. 30/40/50 revisions and CS would then speak to the buyer or maybe refund them at some point. I assume there’s probably an actual limit (maybe 50-70?) built in to the system so neither the buyer/seller would need to contact CS if it reached that.

Though Fiverr/CS must have a figure for what they think is reasonable even if unlimited revisions is used. And maybe a reasonable figure for nr. of revisions (when using “unlimited”) after order completion. eg. maybe the seller could contact CS after they’ve delivered eg. 30/40/50 revisions and CS would then speak to the buyer or maybe refund them at some point. I assume there’s probably an actual limit (maybe 50-70?) built in to the system so neither the buyer/seller would need to contact CS if it reached that.

I think a seller who voluntarily goes through 70 rounds of revisions is having issues of a different kind. It becomes an elaborate form of torture at that point.

built in to the system

I have zero faith there will be any restrictions put on revisions. Buyers love the button too much (it’s not even a literal button now from what I understand). But it’d be great if fiverr considered it at least.

Why would Fiverr decide to limit revisions?

Also, could you imagine how annoyed you would be if CS cancelled after your 43rd revision?

I don’t see any reason to assume any limit.

Also, could you imagine how annoyed you would be if CS cancelled after your 43rd revision?

To prevent abuse of the Fiverr system etc. To make sure the system works correctly.

At some point before the max, maybe it would get flagged so that Fiverr would have a look at it?

Maybe the variables Fiverr use can’t hold an infinitely high number and still have the system work properly (eg. do the various comparison checks). But really if someone asked for, eg. >1000 revisions, even if the seller was okay with doing them, don’t you think the Fiverr/Trust & Safety would have a look at the order (even if there is no encoded limit) and probably cancel it or maybe at least message the buyer?

At some point I think they must stop the order (for the reasons above, so it doesn’t go on above a reasonable amount etc.) though if they have a specified max maybe it will be a value no more than 100. But they’ll probably cancel the order/disallow further revisions at some point and contact the buyer /seller.

To prevent abuse of the Fiverr system etc. To make sure the system works correctly.

At some point before the max, maybe it would get flagged so that Fiverr would have a look at it?

Maybe the variables Fiverr use can’t hold an infinitely high number and still have the system work properly (eg. do the various comparison checks). But really if someone asked for, eg. >1000 revisions, even if the seller was okay with doing them, don’t you think the Fiverr/Trust & Safety would have a look at the order (even if there is no encoded limit) and probably cancel it or maybe at least message the buyer?

At some point I think they must stop the order (for the reasons above, so it doesn’t go on above a reasonable amount etc.) though if they have a specified max maybe it will be a value no more than 100. But they’ll probably cancel the order/disallow further revisions at some point and contact the buyer /seller.

We don’t know that, and so far, we haven’t heard of a case when CS cancelled the order because buyer requested too many revisions (unless the seller asked them to do it, but that would be a different matter).

All we know is that CS told sellers that they have to keep revising even after the order was marked as complete (and even if months have passed) if the buyer haven’t used up all of their revisions, and that sellers who offer unlimited revisions were told that they have to keep revising until the buyer is fully satisfied.

Yes.

One time CS even tried to persuade me to provide a revision to a client whose order had closed 1 month prior and had already exhausted their single revision. The problem was that I had blocked them as they were a nightmare to work with, and they weren’t requesting a revision at all - they had a brand new script and their client had requested they hire me again for the job. But when they saw I had blocked them, they REPORTED me to Fiverr CS and lied to them, saying I was refusing to provide a revision they were entitled to.

Luckily CS sided with me in the end, but not after pressuring me to “please work it out” and “provide the revision.” 😤

One time CS even tried to persuade me to provide a revision to a client whose order had closed 1 month prior and had already exhausted their single revision. The problem was that I had blocked them as they were a nightmare to work with, and they weren’t requesting a revision at all - they had a brand new script and their client had requested they hire me again for the job. But when they saw I had blocked them, they REPORTED me to Fiverr CS and lied to them, saying I was refusing to provide a revision they were entitled to.

Luckily CS sided with me in the end, but not after pressuring me to “please work it out” and “provide the revision.” 😤

Luckily CS sided with me in the end, but not after pressuring me to “please work it out” and “provide the revision.

so what was the “ending like” did you provide the revision…?

Unlimited revisions contribute to unhealthy customer culture and shouldn’t be allowed to be used as a selling point, IMO. How can you promise endless service to someone?

Those of us who don’t offer “unlimited” revisions suffer from the said culture as well. Every once in a while an entitled individual comes along, all like: “What do you mean I have no revisions left, I AM A CLIENT!”

Also, I’m pretty sure that people who have 10 000+ reviews are a) here for a long time, b) are a team (or a teacher and “students” which seems to be a new fancy term for it), c) provide (or at some point provided) services that can be done very quickly. “Unlimited” revisions are not the main factor. It’s lazy marketing speak with a potential to backfire tremendously.

When I was new here I hired a designer who had unlimited revisions and he turned out to be fantastic. But I went through about five revisions and then he slowed down a lot and I sensed he was getting fed up so I marked the order complete. I assumed without thinking that I could keep going with revisions until I felt his frustration.
So clients, especially if they are new to fiverr, might simply be unthinking or not realizing how they are stressing out the seller.

But it’s still the seller’s own fault if they have put unlimited revisions in the gig description.
I had so many revisions because I wasn’t sure what I wanted until I saw it, and because if I had been doing it myself I would have made about a dozen revisions before I got what I wanted. But it’s not fair to do that to someone else unless they are well paid.

I just finished an order with 6 rounds of revisions and it nearly made me turn an out of office mode on for a bit.

They wanted a more technical-looking design (and I don’t even do those anymore), one of those “move the thing one pixel to the right, move the thing one pixel to the left AND THEN back where it was previously”. I started having traumatic flashbacks to my office days, thinking about my purpose in life, about why I’m even doing what I’m doing, etc. An ultimate exercise in patience. I got paid for the extra rounds while the person conveniently forgot that I said “no more than 5 rounds in total” when ordering the 6th.

But still, I can’t imagine doing 20+ rounds (or requesting 20+ rounds for the matter). If you need to revise that much, it’s either a power trip of some kind or the project is clearly not coming together.

Luckily CS sided with me in the end, but not after pressuring me to “please work it out” and “provide the revision.

so what was the “ending like” did you provide the revision…?

so what was the “ ending like ” did you provide the revision…?

No, I unblocked the seller to request that they stop contacting me and that I wasn’t going to work with them under any circumstances. I begged CS to see my side of it and in the end they agreed that I didn’t owe the client their “revision” (it was a new order, not a revision.)

Archived