Is there any logic/pattern to which reviews are shown on a gig?

thatwordchick

Hey all! Apologies if I’m being dense here, but is there any rhyme or reason to which gigs are shown as “pictures” in my Gig slideshow - the ones with the buyer’s review on the bottom, I mean? I submit a trimmed screenshot for every one of my jobs in order to have the image appear in my overall reviews, and that’s largely been working out, but…

I had one of “those” clients when I first started - yanno, the kind that, even when I gave them extra work in my newbie enthusiasm, you get the feeling like if they won a 2 million dollar lottery, they’d sigh dramatically because it wasn’t 3 million? I gave them a tight, SEO’d product description that was about 200% better than what they’d had on page, and I get a 4 star and a “It was ok.”

(I know, I know. Don’t let it bother me, etc. But hey, I didn’t get into writing because I was mentally stable. :-p)

ANYway. This “Ok” review is blighting my slideshow on a gig that otherwise has 28 5-star glowing reviews, and I’m puzzled why Fiverr is keeping this much-older gig review in rotation when I’ve done nearly 30 after it. Is there a way to manually remove it from being shown, particularly in favor of a better review?

Here’s the gig, if you want to see what I mean.

The buyers get to choose if they want the delivered image file to show or not. If you deliver a text file and don’t want it to appear, don’t deliver a screenshot.
Pure text files like Word won’t show, just certain file types, like png, jpg, pdf, etc. show up in your ‘slide show’ (if you want to search for it, ‘portfolio’ is Fiverr’s term) if the buyer chooses to let it show.

If you have to deliver image files like pdf but don’t want them to show up, you can additionally deliver a random image file (I have a ‘thank you for buying my gig’ kind of png for that) as when you deliver more than 1 imgage file you can then choose yourself which of those will show if the buyer lets it show.

However, if you generally want deliveries to show in your portfolio and only retrospectively wish one of them wouldn’t because you for a less than perfect review, that’s not possible.
You can turn off the whole feature though for future deliveries (search help Center for ‘portfolio’) but then, none of the deliveries will appear.

Removing is being done if a customer didn’t realise it would show and asks support to remove it because privacy, but I doubt support will remove it because you’re not happy with it. They’ll probably tell you to first read and only then activate features or just send a link to the help article about it or the copy paste from that something like that.
That ‘slide’ will be buried by future slides, however, same as with reviews.

The buyers get to choose if they want the delivered image file to show or not. If you deliver a text file and don’t want it to appear, don’t deliver a screenshot.

Pure text files like Word won’t show, just certain file types, like png, jpg, pdf, etc. show up in your ‘slide show’ (if you want to search for it, ‘portfolio’ is Fiverr’s term) if the buyer chooses to let it show.

If you have to deliver image files like pdf but don’t want them to show up, you can additionally deliver a random image file (I have a ‘thank you for buying my gig’ kind of png for that) as when you deliver more than 1 imgage file you can then choose yourself which of those will show if the buyer lets it show.

However, if you generally want deliveries to show in your portfolio and only retrospectively wish one of them wouldn’t because you for a less than perfect review, that’s not possible.

You can turn off the whole feature though for future deliveries (search help Center for ‘portfolio’) but then, none of the deliveries will appear.

Removing is being done if a customer didn’t realise it would show and asks support to remove it because privacy, but I doubt support will remove it because you’re not happy with it. They’ll probably tell you to first read and only then activate features or just send a link to the help article about it or the copy paste from that something like that.

That ‘slide’ will be buried by future slides, however, same as with reviews.

Thank you very much for weighing in. I thought that would probably be the case - I think I’m just being impatient! It just feels like I’ve done a ton since my 4 star job, I guess I’m probably within 1-2 “allow it to be seen” clients of the damn thing falling off. Grr.

Thank you very much for weighing in. I thought that would probably be the case - I think I’m just being impatient! It just feels like I’ve done a ton since my 4 star job, I guess I’m probably within 1-2 “allow it to be seen” clients of the damn thing falling off. Grr.

Hi, that review won’t stop anyone from buying your gigs. No one will think twice about it.

Archived