Buyer put gig in revision for more time to review it, will this affect my stats?

danielbritva7

Just like the title said, I’ve delivered my gig on time and after 2.5 days buyer sent a revision and wrote: “I need to send this to my colleagues for review”. So essentially now I need to wait however long they are going to take, withhold my income further (which I need to pay bills on time) and risk my level going down due to late delivery.
What should I do? Thanks

This is a gray area.

Well not so gray, as the buyer needs to actually provide a revision request in order to use that button.

If they use the button just to take their sweet time reviewing or making up their mind they are misusing the feature and breaking ToS.

You should be firm yet polite about this, re-deliver the files you already sent and suggested that they use the button when they actually have notes.

Reassure them that in the event the order autocompletes -they received 2 emails letting them know it will- you will still honor the revisions that were bundled with their order.

With the original delivery on time, the request for revision will not affect your on-time delivery stats. The order will show late while in progress, but not once it’s accepted. I would ask the buyer when they will get back with you so you have a timeline for your own bills though.

Oh perfect, I was really worried because I got my level two just yesterday, don’t want to lose it. Will ask him with regards to the payment though, thanks!

This is a gray area.

Well not so gray, as the buyer needs to actually provide a revision request in order to use that button.

If they use the button just to take their sweet time reviewing or making up their mind they are misusing the feature and breaking ToS.

You should be firm yet polite about this, re-deliver the files you already sent and suggested that they use the button when they actually have notes.

Reassure them that in the event the order autocompletes -they received 2 emails letting them know it will- you will still honor the revisions that were bundled with their order.

I understand, thanks!

I wasn’t sure if it’s just me thinking that that’s a bit fishy but I see how that is against ToS, will inform him politely. If he sends to revision again should I contact CS?

I understand, thanks!

I wasn’t sure if it’s just me thinking that that’s a bit fishy but I see how that is against ToS, will inform him politely. If he sends to revision again should I contact CS?

CS will prompt you to talk things out with your buyer.

They had 2 and a half days already and the only reason they rushed to use the revision request button was because they received a final heads up from Fiverr that they had 24 hours before it auto-completes.

Keep in mind that over half the people that use Fiverr have been burned before by sellers who never honored revisions policy after auto completed orders.

CS will prompt you to talk things out with your buyer.

They had 2 and a half days already and the only reason they rushed to use the revision request button was because they received a final heads up from Fiverr that they had 24 hours before it auto-completes.

Keep in mind that over half the people that use Fiverr have been burned before by sellers who never honored revisions policy after auto completed orders.

I see, will try to do that then, thank you.

Do not message your buyer telling them About your bills.

I see how what I said could be misconstrued that I meant for her to tell her buyer about her bills. What I meant was getting a timeline for when he’ll have revision notes. The end result would give her clarity for her bills, but no need to mention that part to the buyer. Thank you for pointing that out.

I see how what I said could be misconstrued that I meant for her to tell her buyer about her bills. What I meant was getting a timeline for when he’ll have revision notes. The end result would give her clarity for her bills, but no need to mention that part to the buyer. Thank you for pointing that out.

Oh I didn’t misunderstand. I just preemptively tried to advise for the seller to not mention it.

I didn’t think that you suggested something like that, not at all.

Sometimes we think it’s OK to mention personal problems to clients in an attempt to make them empathize with us.

Hi,
It will be best if you allow some times your buyer for choose and revision before delivery so that you delivery it after finishing all stage. Buyer likes it so much.
But now No problem with the late in revisions. It didn’t effect on time on delivery. You can co-operate with your buyer so that he/she can 100% satisfied. Best wishes. Happy Freelancing with fiverr.

Hi,

It will be best if you allow some times your buyer for choose and revision before delivery so that you delivery it after finishing all stage. Buyer likes it so much.

But now No problem with the late in revisions. It didn’t effect on time on delivery. You can co-operate with your buyer so that he/she can 100% satisfied. Best wishes. Happy Freelancing with fiverr.

Thanks for the advice!

This was a 24 hour delivery on an urgent project, not sure I could of done it any faster.

But will definitely keep it in mind for next time 🙂 Thanks!

Archived