Postponing wtithout any stipulations whatsoever?

rajattomuus

In theory that shouldn’t happen, fiverr support doesn’t increase deadlines, only buyer can approve it.

Did you receive a request from your seller to update a deadline? Did you add any gig extras to your order?

“Did you receive a request from your seller to update a deadline?”

I did not.

“Did you add any gig extras to your order?”

No, I didn’t.

Check your “order status”.

If it’s “Late”:

Late

When an order is marked as Late, the seller missed the expected duration time to deliver. Buyers are entitled to cancel their order if there’s no further response from the seller. If a seller does deliver soon after the order is marked as late, the buyer will be given the chance to request revisions or complete the order and rate their experience accordingly.

If it’s “Very Late”:

Very Late

This means 24 hours have passed since the order is marked as Late. Similar to what’s mentioned above, the buyer is now able to cancel the order within the order page (also using the Resolution Center). When an order is canceled from this status by the buyer, a seller is given a negative rating.

https://buyers.fiverr.com/en/article/order-status

I once had a seller not deliver past the deadline, a day later or so (24 hours, I suppose), Fiverr sent me a notice telling me they noticed my order didn’t get delivered and suggested to contact the seller. I did, waited again, still no response, so, in the end, I cancelled. Seemed the seller had simply abandoned their account. In this case, I ordered directly, though, and there was never any communication with/from the seller, so if you “talked” to the seller, I’d message them and remind them of the deadline and see what they say, they might be sick or have had an accident, or something.

As you can see in the quoted text, Fiverr has taken care of that possibility by offering the buyer the option to cancel one-sidedly (if an order doesn’t get late, seller/buyer can only send a cancellation request that needs to be approved by the other party, or go through support).

Check your “order status”.

If it’s “Late”:

Late

When an order is marked as Late, the seller missed the expected duration time to deliver. Buyers are entitled to cancel their order if there’s no further response from the seller. If a seller does deliver soon after the order is marked as late, the buyer will be given the chance to request revisions or complete the order and rate their experience accordingly.

If it’s “Very Late”:

Very Late

This means 24 hours have passed since the order is marked as Late. Similar to what’s mentioned above, the buyer is now able to cancel the order within the order page (also using the Resolution Center). When an order is canceled from this status by the buyer, a seller is given a negative rating.

https://buyers.fiverr.com/en/article/order-status

I once had a seller not deliver past the deadline, a day later or so (24 hours, I suppose), Fiverr sent me a notice telling me they noticed my order didn’t get delivered and suggested to contact the seller. I did, waited again, still no response, so, in the end, I cancelled. Seemed the seller had simply abandoned their account. In this case, I ordered directly, though, and there was never any communication with/from the seller, so if you “talked” to the seller, I’d message them and remind them of the deadline and see what they say, they might be sick or have had an accident, or something.

As you can see in the quoted text, Fiverr has taken care of that possibility by offering the buyer the option to cancel one-sidedly (if an order doesn’t get late, seller/buyer can only send a cancellation request that needs to be approved by the other party, or go through support).

h

image.png.10343bce9e88f9db13f9972fc7221345.png
image737×338 20.1 KB

I messaged the customer support: “Why was the order # postponed without any kind of communication to the client?”*

Their reply was: "Upon reviewing the order, I could see that it was placed on January 13th, 2020 and the delivery due date by the end of January 16th, 2020.

Please allow the seller to deliver the order by the end of the day. You can also follow up with them to get an update on the order.

Keep us posted and let us know if further issues arise."

Ie. they didn’t answer the core of my question at all.

h

I messaged the customer support: “Why was the order # postponed without any kind of communication to the client?”*

Their reply was: "Upon reviewing the order, I could see that it was placed on January 13th, 2020 and the delivery due date by the end of January 16th, 2020.

Please allow the seller to deliver the order by the end of the day. You can also follow up with them to get an update on the order.

Keep us posted and let us know if further issues arise."

Ie. they didn’t answer the core of my question at all.

If the due date was updated to the 16th Jan about a minute (or maybe less?) after the order start time, it just will mean you’ve selected a gig/package/custom offer that has a 3 day delivery. The seller won’t have modified anything once the order started. It doesn’t look like it’s been postponed (it doesn’t seem they’d have time to and there’s no option to I think without requesting a time extension which they haven’t and that requires the buyer to accept).

If you think that’s not the case, do you have a screenshot of the offer/gig/gig package you ordered (with the seller details removed), where it shows the number of delivery days in the offer/gig/package that was ordered?

If the due date was updated to the 16th Jan about a minute (or maybe less?) after the order start time, it just will mean you’ve selected a gig/package/custom offer that has a 3 day delivery. The seller won’t have modified anything once the order started. It doesn’t look like it’s been postponed (it doesn’t seem they’d have time to and there’s no option to I think without requesting a time extension which they haven’t and that requires the buyer to accept).

If you think that’s not the case, do you have a screenshot of the offer/gig/gig package you ordered (with the seller details removed), where it shows the number of delivery days in the offer/gig/package that was ordered?

Yes, that. You didn’t check the delivery time of the Gig you bought by any chance? If you chose a Gig with 3 days delivery time, the due date would be 3 days after you bought it. If you want a Gig to be delivered within 24 hours of your buying it, you need to either order a Gig with 24-hour delivery, or order the respective 24-hour Gig Extra as an add-on, provided the Gig offers it, not all Gigs do.

The cancellation issue is separate from the late issue. If the first delivery was not late, the Gig doesn’t count as late, “sellers are not timed on revisions”, according to the Fiverr Help Center.

Of course, they should try to do revisions as soon as possible, for obvious reasons, but once an order is delivered within the deadline, it won’t count as late. After every delivery, whether the first, or any revision thereafter, you have 3 days to check the delivery and either accept it/complete the order, or reject it, asking for a revision/modification. If you don’t react within those 3 days, the order will automatically complete.

If there is something wrong with a Gig, or a seller didn’t deliver what was agreed on/promised in the Gig description, you can request a revision, cancellation is a last resort.

Yes, that. You didn’t check the delivery time of the Gig you bought by any chance? If you chose a Gig with 3 days delivery time, the due date would be 3 days after you bought it. If you want a Gig to be delivered within 24 hours of your buying it, you need to either order a Gig with 24-hour delivery, or order the respective 24-hour Gig Extra as an add-on, provided the Gig offers it, not all Gigs do.

The cancellation issue is separate from the late issue. If the first delivery was not late, the Gig doesn’t count as late, “sellers are not timed on revisions”, according to the Fiverr Help Center.

Of course, they should try to do revisions as soon as possible, for obvious reasons, but once an order is delivered within the deadline, it won’t count as late. After every delivery, whether the first, or any revision thereafter, you have 3 days to check the delivery and either accept it/complete the order, or reject it, asking for a revision/modification. If you don’t react within those 3 days, the order will automatically complete.

If there is something wrong with a Gig, or a seller didn’t deliver what was agreed on/promised in the Gig description, you can request a revision, cancellation is a last resort.

“If the first delivery was not late, the Gig doesn’t count as late,”

It was late as I didn’t receive (ANY) delivery by the (original/1st) deadline.

As said, when I did the order, there was a deadline: meaning date + time for the delivery. I did the order. I paid. I waited the deadline to pass.

Once the deadline had passed, I went to see the order page ca. a day after the original deadline.

I found out that on the order page the information about the original deadline was wiped away and replaced with the text “Your delivery due date was update to January 16”.

As said, when I did the order, there was a deadline: meaning date + time for the delivery. I did the order. I paid. I waited the deadline to pass.

Once the deadline had passed, I went to see the order page ca. a day after the original deadline.

I found out that on the order page the information about the original deadline was wiped away and replaced with the text “Your delivery due date was update to January 16”.

Do you have a screenshot showing the gig/package/offer you ordered that shows the number of delivery days?

I’m sure what you showed is just what always happens now on orders. Within a minute/few seconds of ordering the page will show "delivery date updated to [now+number of delivery days in the gig/package/offer ordered].

So you ordered on Jan 13, right? What, in your opinion, was the original deadline then if not Jan 16? What was the delivery time of the Gig you ordered? We still don’t know this, but it’s the crux of the matter of the Gig having been late or not.

Do you have a screenshot showing the gig/package/offer you ordered that shows the number of delivery days?

I’m sure what you showed is just what always happens now on orders. Within a minute/few seconds of ordering the page will show "delivery date updated to [now+number of delivery days in the gig/package/offer ordered].

I don’t. (I don’t typically do screenshots on order confirmations on various websites, if the order eg. is not a particularly expensive one)

As said the original time was wiped / erased / removed from the order page at the moment when the text about the “delivery date update appeared there”.

I also checked the email (Jan 13th, 22:30) from Fiverr titled “Here’s a receipt of doing”.

All the deadline / timeframe related information has been omitted in the receipt.

I don’t. (I don’t typically do screenshots on order confirmations on various websites, if the order eg. is not a particularly expensive one)

As said the original time was wiped / erased / removed from the order page at the moment when the text about the “delivery date update appeared there”.

I also checked the email (Jan 13th, 22:30) from Fiverr titled “Here’s a receipt of doing”.

All the deadline / timeframe related information has been omitted in the receipt.

I don’t. (I don’t typically do screenshots on order confirmations on websites, if it’s not a particularly expensive one or so)

It should show on the gig page if you ordered directly from the gig page (and not from a custom offer).

Maybe screenshot just the bit of the gig page of the gig/package you ordered that shows the number of delivery days. That’s all that needs to be in the screenshot.

Your “receipt of doing” should show the package you selected so you know which “number of delivery days” part to screenshot.

I don’t. (I don’t typically do screenshots on order confirmations on websites, if it’s not a particularly expensive one or so)

It should show on the gig page if you ordered directly from the gig page (and not from a custom offer).

Maybe screenshot just the bit of the gig page of the gig/package you ordered that shows the number of delivery days. That’s all that needs to be in the screenshot.

Your “receipt of doing” should show the package you selected so you know which “number of delivery days” part to screenshot.

uk1000:

Where I ordered it, on the sellers’ page, it reads 3 Days Delivery.

Is that what you mean?

uk1000:

Where I ordered it, on the sellers’ page, it reads 3 Days Delivery.

Is that what you mean?

Yes, that’s why it wasn’t actually late and why it said “delivery date updated to 16th…” (which is ordered date+number of days delivery in the ordered gig/package).

13th +3 days delivery=16th as the Due date.

Archived